PDA

View Full Version : Proposed new law.

DC-ATE
7th Feb 2009, 18:36
Not sure if this qualifies for "Jet Blast" or not, but here goes.

This just came across my desk this morning and it scares me if this were to pass.

Of course, this only applies to those of us here in the U.S. Some others might already be in this situation. If you are, I feel sorry for you.

For those interested, check out H. R. 45.

It deals with new gun control legislation.

mustpost
7th Feb 2009, 18:38
What does?:confused::confused::confused:

ThreadBaron
7th Feb 2009, 18:55
House Resolution 45.

I knew watching 'West Wing' would stand me in good stead one day!;)

GovTrack: H.R. 45: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-45)

If you read it, pease post a precis.

Loose rivets
7th Feb 2009, 19:01
A quick look through HR 45 shows very little that the 'Conceled carry' license doesn't already require.

When I first started coming here in the 70s, I saw some high velocity rifle bullets rolling about on the floor of a large store; fallen from of one of hundreds of boxes on the shelves. They were just things that you kept in the drawer by the gun rack.

At home, we had to account for every round, and get permission to purchase each weapon.

The hardware that is pulled out of the pants of swarthy locals down here by the boarder, has to be seen to be believed.

My pal and neighbor has just purchased a new gun safe. It's 6' tall and weighs 1000 Lbs. BTW...I've always wanted to have a go at 'cracking' a combination safe. How hard is it? I'm goaded on by "Surely You're Joking Mr Feynman." where the professor breaks combinations at Los Alamos.

I have a medical stethoscope...and permission to try to break it.:hmm:

Earl
7th Feb 2009, 19:48
This bill HR 45 was introduced by a congressman from Illinois named Bobby Rush.
So far this bill is not supported by anyone.
Sure the NRA is on top of it.
They seem to forget that the Supreme Court just overturned laws in either California or DC, cant remember which one concerning gun ownership and the right to have firearms.
From what I have been told about the law it will require if passed a registration of all semi automatic rifles and all handguns.
But if you Google this on the web you will see how poorly this bill was written and it does not stand a snowballs chance in hell of passing or being enforced.

con-pilot
7th Feb 2009, 20:10
This bill HR 45 was introduced by a congressman from Illinois named Bobby Rush.

Hum, a politician from Illinois, who is a Democrat. That's all I need to know. :p

mr fish
7th Feb 2009, 21:34
go to YOUTUBE-GIRL FIRES .50 DESERT EAGLE.
ouch!!!

tony draper
7th Feb 2009, 21:38
The bloke firing the .600 Nitro Express Pistol is even better.:E