PDA

View Full Version : WSOp brevet on No 5's

ALM In Waiting
7th Feb 2009, 14:22
Hi,
Just a quick question, does the wsop brevet go above miniture medals or below? Many thanks.

Tiger_mate
7th Feb 2009, 14:36
If you need to ask a question like that you deserve to have the medals pinned on your ass. FFS!! :ugh:

http://www.24hourmuseum.org.uk/content/images/2007_3085.jpg

By way of example

StopStart
7th Feb 2009, 14:45
It goes below the medals mate.

SirToppamHat
7th Feb 2009, 14:48
On the Right Lapel.

Or see here:

RAF Dress Regs (http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafcms/mediafiles/9647CE1A_E2F1_FD48_EE58A77DCDE87EBE.pdf).

Paras 713 + 714 cover it!

Yes the England Italy match is that boring.

STH

Background Noise
7th Feb 2009, 15:07
Not sure if those answers are deliberate wind-ups but the wing(s) are above the medals and all on the left side.

SirToppamHat
7th Feb 2009, 15:14
Not sure if those answers are deliberate wind-ups

Well StopStart started it. Oh then Tiger Mate stopped it by posting that picture... isn't that flying badge much closer to the ground than usual? (pot calling kettle).

STH

taxydual
7th Feb 2009, 15:42
And, pray tell, where did the Sqn Ldr get that hat from? The local bus company?

Tiger_mate
7th Feb 2009, 16:30
The photo was taken at Bentley Priory at the last flypast / BofB reunion whilst BP was 'military'. Looks like a caption comp photo to me.

Q: "What was the Battle of Britain veteran thinking?"

Grabbers
7th Feb 2009, 16:57
A: " I hope they hurry, I've just pissed myself."

wg13_dummy
7th Feb 2009, 17:06
Somebody send out a search party. The Sqn Ldr appears to have lost all his medals.

I can't believe he hasn't even got a chocolate Jubilee gong?

taxydual
7th Feb 2009, 17:09
A: "Who's the whippersnapper with the bling in the middle? Don't remember inviting him".

ProfessionalStudent
7th Feb 2009, 18:26
Somebody send out a search party. The Sqn Ldr appears to have lost all his medals.

... and his flying badge...

8-15fromOdium
7th Feb 2009, 18:59

...and his flying badge...

Perhaps the S/L had asked Tiger Mate where he should pin his medals and brevet...

ALM In Waiting
8th Feb 2009, 09:07
Worms, can of, check.:\
Cheers STH.

Logistics Loader
8th Feb 2009, 09:09
said sqn bleeder is prob OC Bentley Priory and is therefore a scribbly by trade...
hence why no medals and flying badges..!!

and due to fact he is admin, he's been in less than the pre-requisite time for the QGJM !! but long enough to fast track to s/l !!

Simple really... !!

ps...

what calibre of recruits are going for aircrew when they have to come on here for basic advice on dress regs...
and they are allowing these to fly !! god help him make a decision over what time to issue the butty boxes on Albert !!

Spymovs
8th Feb 2009, 13:08
god help him make a decision over what time to issue the butty boxes on Albert

Ahh, but they still get to tell you what to do and reject a complete load due to the shoddy work of the movers. Oh and they also get shed loads of money for doing it, and they get to be a Sgt from the outset.
Mind you have you seen some of the female movers? If you are squeamish I suggest you look away.

http://www.rafmovs.com/cpgn/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10240/normal_Matt%20Hosking%20Kandahar%202006.JPG

sycamore
8th Feb 2009, 13:21
What a pair of `scruffs`; `bashed` SDs,shirt cuffs showing,jackets undone,creased sleeves,doing a `high 5`,not a salute,free arm bent,not down the seam of his trousers,and is that a bit of dessert,or a flashing light under his tie.....SWO,PUT THOSE MEN ON A CHARGE,ANY CHARGE..!

Logistics Loader
8th Feb 2009, 19:49
Aunt Betty's ALM's arent the be all and end all of the backenders flying club..

Loadmatress x2 were pulled up early 80's for monumental faux pas...!!

1. removing pins from big bang things during Op Corporate...
2. the other for wearing heels on an aircraft floor and telling my team leader a box we had loaded was not correctly load spreaded due to the weight..
quick calculation worked out the box was fine...the 2 legged box on heels far exceeded the floor load intensity of the VC10 she so gracefully walked up and down on..

furthermore, another ALM most the most stupid of mistakes on a Albert, he removed the safety chains form a "bridged" vehicle... he may have had 3 stripes against my 2 but i load aircraft for a living not check the sodding things !!! quick demount for me and my team...safety being my 1st concern ...

result

ALM 0 Shift WO 1

he was somewhat ashen faced when he left WO's carpet...

Logistics Loader
8th Feb 2009, 20:23
The RAFP, make there own minds up about what they confiscate and most of what you say may be true, however, those rules were set in place by the peers and masters....!! as Group Policy...

hundred highly disciplined soldiers

so if they that disciplined, why then cant some of them including the rodney corps from all 3 services turn up on time for a standard flight !!

sorry forgot, you are the master effing race and the world revolves round you...

the deal like my uncle told me, was if you are late, we go without you...
if you cant hack being on time find a job where time is not critical...

Trains/buses wiat for no-one why the hell should the RAF wait for you !!

sh1tadmin.com springs to mind...!!

there are good and bad in all trades....sadly some can accept it.. others cant....

FLM....

should read phlegm.....just i just puked up...!!

Well sir if i call u a cnut you can jail...!!

but as i think you are a cnut... you cant do jack sh1t !!

even more so now...
i reached the end of the tunnel...

taxydual
8th Feb 2009, 20:53
Well, after all that. Do brevets and no 5's still have relevance on this thread?

Logistics Loader
9th Feb 2009, 07:22
Also, does aircrew D/f's get entered on the trim sheet....??

I think not...

it's my baggage entitlement from a transport fleet Capt..!!

furthermore...

how bout the Squirrel that just "landed"
or the Puma in Norfolk ??

Movers fault...??

Dont think so...!!

Seldomfitforpurpose
9th Feb 2009, 10:36
LL,

You are starting to sound a bit play ground like young fella :p

StopStart
9th Feb 2009, 11:15
Bloody hell LL, get over it big boy. You're holding on a wee bit too tight I fancy....
Why not just go off and start another thread about all the Weight and Balance injustices that have been wrought upon you over the years. To be fair, it is gripping stuff however I struggle to see the relevance of bridged load dramas to No5 haberdashery issues......

Grabbers
9th Feb 2009, 11:16
Movers really are Dicks aren't they? I know that's not constructive but it's still true nonetheless.

Lacking in wit and the integrity they were born with. With only one exception, my innumerable encounters with RAF movers have left me confused/embarrassed/enraged/frustrated in equal measure.

And the one exception? He, a fine fellow from the Valleys, PVR'd. I quote:
" UKMAMS, troops are good. The rest, idiots led by more idiots".:D:D

Logistics Loader
9th Feb 2009, 13:19
SS,
perfectly relevant...

if said individual hasnt a clue on sorting out dress regs what chance for anything more important...

that was the crux of the issue raised !!

Seldomfitforpurpose
9th Feb 2009, 15:03
Paddy,

LL is suffering from "Tried but Failed" syndrome which has left him/her feeling rather bitter, simply mentioning NCA on these forums has him always reacting in the manner viewed here, all rather sad really :(

StopStart
9th Feb 2009, 17:06
if said individual hasnt a clue on sorting out dress regs what chance for anything more important...

True.... non-issue socks this morning then next thing I know, bam! crashed my plane....

Perhaps you could regale us with some more tales about the time that you found the roll of lashing tape the loady had mislaid or perhaps the one where you spotted left a chain lying on the floor by the loady so the DAMO had him executed?
Your tales of perceived ALM incompetence are old, dull and irrelevant. All at the same time.

Spam_UK
9th Feb 2009, 21:18
Reminds me of a guy that I know, who told me he was an "SAC Loadmaster", not realising that at the time I was on 55 Sqn and saw directly through his lie. Some people.