PDA

View Full Version : N'dele, CAR

AnotherPilo
7th Feb 2009, 11:48
Hello. Has anyone operated into N'dele, CAR recently? If so how is it, and would you recommend operating into that location in a B-200?

Thanks for any info.

mattman
8th Feb 2009, 16:58
I will have to check my photos and log book. Took the President around to visit locals around 2005 in a 200.
If memory serves me that strip is ok'issshh but dont count me on it as much will have changed.
There was a PC 12 operator taking hunters around if I remember correctly you might be able to find him/her.
There are some real dodgy strips here and there and some of them have bits and bobs strewn about to prevent the rare aircraft that shows up, to touch down.
I will come back to you.

macdaddy2
9th Feb 2009, 12:47
Hi there. I flew into Ndele around a 8 months ago and the strip was pretty good. It can tend to get pretty overgrown so I am not sure how it will be now.
I know Airtec operates one or two Lets in CAR and they could probably give you a better idea of how it is now.

AnotherPilo
10th Feb 2009, 09:43
Thanks for the info. I'll post info if we eventually go in there. I've been into quite a few unimproved fields in Africa with a B-200, and have become more conservative. Most of the assessment comes beforehand--it is too hard to assess the quality of the surface from an overflight. I've had to push the plane out of a soft spot once or twice now--enough of that.