PDA

View Full Version : Bizjet Cabin Crew and CRM

turbocharged
6th Feb 2009, 12:37
Hi, I am interested in specific CRM issues associated with being cc in the bizjet community. If you have any views then please PM me.

Cheers

Paradise Lost
6th Feb 2009, 13:52
Nice to keep the posts brief, but what exactly are the issues you are interested in?
All "bizjet" cc still have to carry out the same training as their airline colleagues if on Public Transport flights, otherwise they don't have to do any training in CRM or SEPs for private operations, unless acting as crew member on a GV, where the AFM states that the cc must be Gulfstream trained whenever 9 or more pax are carried.

turbocharged
6th Feb 2009, 14:35
Setting aside what the regs say about who needs to be carried, what their legal status and what training they need, my question is directed at anyone who works in the cabin of a bizjet.

I'm interested in issues around the human factors aspects of a small cabin, working in close proximity to guests, operating as part of a very small team often deployed to strange parts of the world. In short, how does the conventional understanding of 'crm' apply to this environment.

Gulfstreamaviator
6th Feb 2009, 15:51
is a totally different experience to the airlines.

For a start, CC are expected to be the main point of contact with the pax at all times, not that much different you might say, but in the airline the pax do not phone you at 4 in the morning to say, please no salt in the food for 1 pax.

You are often, when alone: waiter, cook, cleaner, safety expert, and nurse maid to the flight deck. As well as entertainer.

It is a great life, and apart from all the normal safety skills, you need diplomacy, as well as a great personality.

CRM in this context is Customer, Company and Crew management.

I have been in the business over 30 years, and still wonder how the girls manage to do all the work, while we get the glory.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pm if I can answer more in depth.

glf

turbocharged
6th Feb 2009, 16:35
Thanks for the response. I recognise that it is very different world. I am after some specific instances of the sorts of problems that might arise in order to see how crm might be manifested in a different fashion.

For example, I understand that some regular pax fully understand the nature of bizjet operations (you cannot just drop them off at the limo door) while others have unreasonable expectations. How might this affect the crew and how do crm skills have to be enhanced to deal with such problems.

Thx