PDA

View Full Version : PATS advert: "Jetstar about to commence hiring"...?

Horatio Leafblower
6th Feb 2009, 02:38
Was scanning through the AFAP jobs page today and couldn't help noticing the sponsor's advert on the top of the page.

http://www.afap.org.au/files/O1NANPAM2E/thumb_PATS___AFAP_12_Jan_09.jpg

Jetstar hiring?

..says who?

Seems like pretty wild speculation to me, given the climate... :suspect:

The PM
6th Feb 2009, 03:07
Which way does the on the half hour "Crazy Ivan" go again? I forget.....

billyt
6th Feb 2009, 03:22
How do you spell commence again? With one "m" or two.

pa60ops
6th Feb 2009, 03:38
Well, it never said they were looking to employ pilots hey??? Time to read the fine print I guess....:suspect:

Transition Layer
6th Feb 2009, 07:53
How do you spell commence again? With one "m" or two.

And these guys teach you to pass verbal reasoning tests? Bit of a worry isn't it!

bushy
6th Feb 2009, 08:01
An american business woman was interviewed on TV, and asked what was the secret of her sucess.
She said

Early to bed
Early to rise
Work like hell
And advertise.

Advertising is a very large part of generating business, and sometimes they can sell lots of things that nobody needs.
It's been happening in flight training for decades. That's why we have had a surplus of CPL holders for decades.

Howard Hughes
6th Feb 2009, 09:24
Didn't Jetstar recently advertise in the New Zealand herald and do a bulk email to all those on their email list regarding positions in NZ?:ooh:

I too have heard whispers (albeit third hand) of recruitment commencing soon!;)

Sqwark2000
6th Feb 2009, 23:14
Captains and First Officers job in Auckland City - NZ Herald Jobs (http://jobs.nzherald.co.nz/job/view/xrjmd4/)

Ad from NZ Herald website.

S2K

LM82
6th Feb 2009, 23:25
Even if they are about to hire why would u spend 3k on a 2 day course (which i have heard mixed reports about) when you could go down to your local library and hire what books you need to study or even find it online?

Might take a little longer but if it meant saving 3k + other expenses in melbourne i would rather put the effort in myself at home.

but i am sure everyone has their reasons for doing what they do:ok:

Howard Hughes
7th Feb 2009, 01:32
3K?:eek:

I reckon you could buy some 'pratice tests' from the company that makes them for way less than that!;)

Sunstar320
7th Feb 2009, 07:18
surprise surprise...it seems they are quite interested in making money from their employees....:suspect:

Wait a sec, didnt they do the same in Oz:eek:

blow.n.gasket
8th Feb 2009, 01:12
Which Jetstar aussie bases will close in order to force enough pilots across the ditch to fill the positions no one wants??
Can't wait to see the NZ contract!:eek:
Will AKL be the 787 base if and when it arrives???