PDA

View Full Version : Ramp Agent jobs

Hawg95
5th Feb 2009, 16:34
Hi All

I am interested in the possibility of working as a ramp agent at a military air base or civilian airport anywhere in the world. I currently live in the United Kingdom but I am willing to relocate. I have airfield driving experience, as I have worked at Royal Air Force station Mildenhall working for Fleet Service, The duties were extremely varied and involved all the usual tasks associated with handling large, passenger aircraft. Of interest, Does anyone know if there are many jobs going out there?. Also has anyone relocated to the United States being a British Citizen been allowed to do similar jobs?, if so how do you go about doing so:cool:

Regards

Jason

Captain_Scooby
7th Feb 2009, 16:59
Try this board - http://www.pprune.org/flight-ground-ops-crewing-dispatch-39/

BelArgUSA
7th Feb 2009, 17:18
As far as USA, it requires USA citizenship or "green card" (permanent resident status) ever since 1776. Besides, you might not like the salaries and benefits in that former colony.
xxx
:*
Happy contrails

oneinthemirror
7th Feb 2009, 21:16
dude they had an airport in 1776?

Hawg95
8th Feb 2009, 18:15
Thanks for taking the time to reply guys it's a lot of help for me. BelArgUSA it is a dream of mine, but guess it may have to stay a dream for now then. Did wonder if any Brits would be allowed out there to do that sort of work on the Flightline giving the nature of security and that.

Jason..........................