Boeing737jock
5th Feb 2009, 21:07
Baby hit me one more time.....:mad:

widebody300er
5th Feb 2009, 21:30
It looks good!! probably will happen:ok:

crazy woman
5th Feb 2009, 22:39
Good luck to all, but I doubt that you'll draw many passengers. Keep looking for other work.

widebody300er
6th Feb 2009, 00:26
Nobody's drawing many passengers...you have to remember most people will Always take the cheaper seat. And you no nothing about there business plan!!:D and just because a company went bankrupt doesn't mean it cannot be rebuilt!

Left Coaster
6th Feb 2009, 06:15
Is that start gonna happen before or after they pay the former Zoom flight crew the money they owe for lost wages? Or will they start up with new people? Who sells the seats? Who sells them the fuel? It bugs the Shyte outta me when this crap happens, an airline folds due to poor financial standing, and lets all employees blow in the wind, and then resurrects and all we hear is YAY? When will you guys wake up? I can only imagine how much you'll get paid...:ugh:

widebody300er
6th Feb 2009, 19:02
Most employees have been paid....new owner sounds great!!!!:ok::D

billy34-kit
8th Feb 2009, 17:29
Left coaster, ...that's why in our profession, our conditions are stuck where they are, because of the many prostitute pilots who are more willing to be chearleaders than pilots.

widebody300er
8th Feb 2009, 19:39
:DAnd I'm sure you talk from experience.

Left Coaster
9th Feb 2009, 05:11
Do you really want to go there? Have a read of the Enerjet thread to see how people feel... BTW I like the cheerleader analogy..."gotta keep the salaries low, we're a startup"...heard it all before...:zzz:

Willie Everlearn
9th Feb 2009, 21:18
I don't know about you, but with all due respect, I'm thinking that travellers left stranded by ZOOM ver. 1.0 must still be licking their wounds over being abandonned and out of pocket from their first attempt at creating a Charter Airline. (who new fuel prices would do what they did?)

I'm not sure any former ZOOM travellers would be all too keen about the thought of flying to EGGK on the new ZOOM ver 2.0 no matter when they re-started or how much they sold their tickets for. Don't you think they're going to be a bit gun shy? Maybe a new name is in order? AND...a new paint job. In fact, a whole new marketing scheme! IF, in fact, they DO re-start.

I seem to recall Wardair, Worldways, Nationair, and Canada 3000 were all going to re-start at some point. I know Rhys Eton stated emphatically Wardair was going to remain a separate company to Canadian. That didn't happen and as far as I know, none of these fine airlines have re-started yet. Right?

I'm sure you've heard it before and as far as I know, Ken Rowe and Michel LeBlanc are the only ones who've managed any re-birth of any description.

This salivating over the return of ZOOM (in whatever version) has probably more to do with wishful thinking than reality. We'll see.

...but, if they eventually do re-start, let's wish them luck and every success to those who choose to go (or go back) to work for them.

Willie :ok:

doo
11th Feb 2009, 13:03
I liked the name.

widebody300er
25th Feb 2009, 14:48
Looks like hiring FAs in 30-45 days...

J.O.
25th Feb 2009, 22:11
I don't wish anyone ill will, but anyone with any sense in this business knows that if you're going to enter the trans-Atlantic market for the summer, you need to be selling tickets by the end of January. Never mind trying to start up in a saturated market while in the midst of a major recession.

lead zeppelin
26th Feb 2009, 22:57
Does anyone remember "Titan Air" from about 9 years ago??

Connect the dots..............

BNN Video Player (http://watch.bnn.ca/#clip138850)

Speedboat
27th Feb 2009, 18:48
That guy is talking thru his hat.

Zoom has brand recognition?

Europe a bit sticky, but Asia charters? Has he been following the meltdown across the pacific? $650 r/t all in YYZ-HKG on CAL?

Stick with airlines that are going to be around long enough to give you a good, stable career.

This 'aint one of them.

:cool:

Gload
10th Mar 2009, 11:52
Have fun with this. XPO Airlines.:sad:

Hamtarro
12th Mar 2009, 10:15
MOST employees got paid. Leblanc has left a legacy as a restarter. Taiwans starting to look like Tahiti to my tired little prozac fueled brain. Lookit just charge 29,900 per head and someone might come to work!

widebody300er
12th Mar 2009, 14:54
Well it's going to create 200-300 jobs and if your out of work why not???;)

Twizzler
13th Mar 2009, 01:25
"MOST employees got paid."

You have got to be kidding me!! Nonexistence severence plus absolutely no invite to rejoin the "New" company.

If this is not the time for the College of Professional Pilots, to set a standard, I do not know!

Hamtarro
13th Mar 2009, 16:12
I get the feeling a massive amount of folks on this site (pprune in general)are covered with cheezes balls and never left moms basement. Personally I have no friends thats my excuse, but this year I do have a job and we`ll see how long that lasts. As long as 200-300 people can go to work thats just great Mr wide body er. I agree. In fact there is a new mortgage out there designed for Canadian heavy pilots. It`s caled the 3 on 3 off. You get it 3 years employed.... I really hope zoom resurects itself but at what point does this become a sustainable industry. AC and WJ are the only show in town as far as majors are concerned Transat and skyservice do well but the rest including the now defunct operators I worked for are like rats in a drain pipe. Canada should be proud of our finest export not BC bud but homegrown pilots. Thats what we have to do. Anyone working in Canada in a larger machine hang on. In a smaller machine and comfortable stop looking up. Until we get some real union support in this industry the Leblancs and like will keep smokin the corn spitter. Peace out brothers had enough, back to the cheese grater for me!!!!

Raxdle
25th Mar 2009, 16:24
Has anybody submitted their email to XPO (http://www.flyxpo.com/) yet?

74tweaker
26th Mar 2009, 05:45
Things will be looking up shortly.

Cargo is the future!

roundtheworld123
31st Mar 2009, 17:00
Yeah ask the boys at Cargojet, i'm sure they would sing that song a little different :=

74tweaker
31st Mar 2009, 19:16
Yeah ask the boys at Cargojet, i'm sure they would sing that song a little different

Oh - please.:ugh:

Such an insightful post.

roundtheworld123
31st Mar 2009, 19:37
Things will be looking up shortly.

Cargo is the future!

LOL talk about insightful posts...:ok:

Let me guess...ex-Zoomer and now its 767's flying cargo to South Korea...or is it China now...:}

widebody300er
31st Mar 2009, 22:05
Cargo? don't think so:ugh:

J.O.
3rd Apr 2009, 23:51
I really hope that for the folks involved this is wrong, but an inside source says that the start-up employees were not paid on the last pay date. Also, their sim time has been cancelled because they haven't paid the bill.

west71
4th Apr 2009, 10:57
Last week on AC website fares YYZ-LHR $139
YFC-YYZ $445
maybe the profit is in commuter flights challenging Jazz monopoly instead of trying to compete across the atlantic

Gload
17th Apr 2009, 22:07
I think it's over. :uhoh:

widebody300er
18th Apr 2009, 00:28
Well for this year for sure.:ugh:maybe next?