PDA

View Full Version : Type Rating conversion FAA to JAA (The Master file)

jeyjey
5th Feb 2009, 09:36
Hi folks,
can someone please let me know what is necessary to get an type rating from an FAA licence to a JAA one. I've got an FAA ATP with CE500 Series rating (Cessna Ciataion2) and did the conversion of FAA to JAA licence a couple of weeks ago. Now I want to transfer my rating as well. I have around 300h on the Citation, did the rating with Flught Safety Paris in December 2007. Thanks a lot for any hint, JeyJey

G-SPOTs Lost
5th Feb 2009, 11:45
Totally new type rating I'm afraid, if you had 500hrs on type then you could transfer it across with an LPC conducted by a UK TRE on type. Either cough up for a new JAA type rating or do another 200 hours on your FAA ATP.

Once you have the 500 hours then its fairly straightforward, you just fill in the new type form present a copy of your JAA LPC form and they will type you.

You seem to have fallen between two stools at the moment.

PS if you do a type rating ensure that the LST is done by a UK or JAA TRE and not one of the Fsi guys whose JAA license numbers start with 100 as this will also be valid for ATPL issue

DrPepper
7th Mar 2009, 07:47
hi,
anybody can post that rule of 500h on type to be able to convert a typerating from FAA to JAA? i really can't fint it!

thx

after 500h on type, i need make another checkride (4h sim) with jaa tre only? or i need also send the faa training program of the old school?

q8pilot
12th Apr 2009, 14:42
Hi
Gentleman, ready to read, and open books
Referring to your LASORS F4.1 multi –pilot aeroplane type rating
Pre-requisite condition s for training:
For the items in the F4.1:
b- Hold a current and valid multi-engine instrument rating (aeroplane) this requirement for initial MPA type rating.........
so i cant do my A320 type unless i have a valid and current , because its expired a long time ago ( over 10 years )
so i thought of :
Referring to LASORS F9.1 TRANSFER OF TYPE/CLASS RATINGS FROM A NON-JAA STATE LICENCE Type Ratings (Aeroplane)
Item: iv. Have met the requirements of JAR-FCL 1.250/2.250, 1.251 and 2.255 as applicable; including knowledge of aeroplane performance appropriate to that type (please refer to Section F4 - Knowledge of Aeroplane Performance). AND JAR–FCL 1.250 Type rating, multi-pilot –
Conditions (See AMC FCL 1.261(d)) (See Appendix 1 to JARFCL 1.261(d))
2) Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A);
ONE can I transfer my b777 to my British ATPL as a fist type ( my last flight was in 9-2004 ) and I have over 1500 hours on type , then do the A320 type as a second type .
My final am is to do an FULL A320 type , which I have but I don’t have the 500 hours they requested ( last flight was in 2005 )
Anyone knows how to ask for an exemption from the CAA ?
Finally what is the difference between a valid and valid and current IR ?????
DONT tell me just do the MPA as its just to much for me ,
I have the requirements requested there and more except what’s mentioned here ( underlined )
Thanks for your comments ( the good ones only )

Kirks gusset
12th Apr 2009, 22:04
Q8 Pilot,

I assume you want to do your A320 rating at a uK TRTO, otherwise whats the point in transferring your Licence to a UK JAR?

You don't need a current IR to do a second MPA rating like the A320, Lasors refers to initial issue and 1st MPA type.

Curious going from 777 to A320, Chalk and cheese, and with 1500 hrs 777 jobs a plenty, not so much nil hrs A320.

Ant TRTO worth their salt will tell you what you need to do.

q8pilot
12th Apr 2009, 22:19
Hi kirks
Thanks for your reply , i want to do the A320 In JAA TRTO , i have a UK ATPL (but its expired 2005 ant the MEP on it expired long long time ago ) , i have the A320 type but i have only 250 hours on it ( last flight was in end of 2005 )
The question is do my qualification in the B777 qualifies me to transfer the type to UK ATPL as its states the JAR–FCL 1.250 : Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A);
Is my type rating in the B777 valid ( last flight was in 2004 , still within the 5 years window )
I know it’s a big difference between the A320 and the queen B777 but there are lots of jobs opening for me in the A320 .
Thanks

Kirks gusset
13th Apr 2009, 18:40
Q8

My understanding is: You already have a 777 rating and 1500 hrs on type plus a A320 rating with 250 hrs on type.. Where did you do these type ratings, and on what licence are they endorsed.? You say both ratings are not current. i.e. no current LPC but not expired as they are within 5 years of the last flight.

Because you have more than 500 hrs on type, the CAA will endorse the 777 rating on a UK ATPL, provided you do an LPC with a UK TRE and you meet the requirements, only the CAA will tell you what these are by assessment of your paperwork.

The A320 rating could be endorsed as a second type, provided the course you did met JAR FCL requirements. If Not, its a full course.

I am assuming as you mentioned it has lapsed, you have a full UK ATPL.

If you did these type ratings on an FAA ticket you will need to provide the CAA with details of the course, ground school and sim times and base training.

The best thing to do is just to send: Copies of you licence, Ratings, course completion certs, Log Books and training files together with details of the courses you did, times , dates and content ( syllabus) to PLD at the CAA, they will assess what you need to do.

You mention a " full A320" course, do I take it you have an FAA p2 rating only?

q8pilot
13th Apr 2009, 20:05
Hi kirks
My understanding is: You already have a 777 rating and 1500 hrs on type plus a A320 rating with 250 hrs on type.. Where did you do these type ratings, and on what licence are they endorsed.? You say both ratings are not current. i.e. no current LPC but not expired as they are within 5 years of the last flight.
Yes both are within the 5 years window , i did both in Kuwait ,

Because you have more than 500 hrs on type, the CAA will endorse the 777 rating on a UK ATPL, provided you do an LPC with a UK TRE and you meet the requirements, only the CAA will tell you what these are by assessment of your paperwork.
Am going to do the LPC with Europe based TRTO approved by JAA for the B777 and have it as first type,

The A320 rating could be endorsed as a second type, provided the course you did met JAR FCL requirements. If not, its a full course.
Anyway i will do a FULL type of A320 in an approved TRTO in Europe

I am assuming as you mentioned it has lapsed, you have a full UK ATPL.
I do but its expired in 2005 and the ratings in it expired more than 10 years ( MEP )

If you did these type ratings on an FAA ticket you will need to provide the CAA with details of the course, ground school and sim times and base training.

The best thing to do is just to send: Copies of you licence, Ratings, course completion certs, Log Books and training files together with details of the courses you did, times , dates and content ( syllabus) to PLD at the CAA, they will assess what you need to do.

You mention a " full A320" course, do I take it you have an FAA p2 rating only?
No just the one in Europe where you start the course from the beginning with no consideration to my experience in the A320 TYPE
Still waiting for an answer in the meaning of :
JAR–FCL 1.250 : Have a valid multi-engine instrument rating (A)
How long ??
And :
What is the difference between a valid and valid and current IR ?????
Thanks

cessna310
10th Jun 2009, 10:41
Hi,

(1) I am thinking to do FAA type rating and 500 hrs line training programme. After getting 500 would like to convert to JAA type rating.my question is:
Does line training time count as co-pilot OR PUT?

(2) Cheapest place to do B737 Type rating in US.

Regards,
cessna310

s10an
10th Jun 2009, 18:30
Line training program counts as stealing another pilots job!!!:mad: