PDA

View Full Version : Train the flight crew with pepper sprays and stun guns.

liverbird
24th Sep 2001, 00:14
I think that all major airlines. should now train the head crews on flights, to handle stun weapons and pepper sprays.
I know for a fact that this would of stopped the terrorist in their tracks. As to say that only the captain and head stewards Know where these weapons are placed on the flight.It is just so simple. what is your opinion. :eek:

Devils Advocate
24th Sep 2001, 00:59
Uhm, somebody bursts into the flight deck armed with a knife or gun and you want to stun them or spray them with pepper ?

The ****** is trying to kill you !

So give me a low velocity hollow point heavy bullet Colt .45 everytime !

liverbird
24th Sep 2001, 01:09
HEY DEVIL WHERE DO YOU COME FROM JUST F***** THINK ABOUT IT YOU KNOB. WHAT CHOICE DO YOU HAVE THEN. :confused:

BJBATMAN
24th Sep 2001, 01:16
I would rather have a gun then pepper spray! There is no way to use pepper spray in a cockpit with out incapaciting the whole crew.

Devils Advocate
24th Sep 2001, 01:20
Exactly !

liverbird
24th Sep 2001, 01:55
your flying at 33000 feet. a gun goes off. the bullet goes through the airframe. your now flying at 0 feet. have you ever had pepper spray in your face. i have, it was of trigger happy copper in liverpool. he was i bit big for this boots. :confused:

hawkeye
24th Sep 2001, 02:15
I'll take the gun, thanks. As for the hole in the side of the aircraft, depressurisations are only a problem in Hollywood. They may well be disorientating, but an average crew should be able to recover the airframe. Pepper spray in a confined space? Give over, you're teasing me.

Pilot Pete
24th Sep 2001, 02:24
How about one fights for his life and the other depressurises the cabin(pre-briefed as on last nights flight) and 'throws it all over the place' before getting it on the ground as quickly as possible. Well, you need a plan.................

PP

Joey Gray
24th Sep 2001, 02:39
Hey Guys,

Hijacking in the new millenium seems to have taken on a completely new dimension.
I am completely for sky marshall's. That in my opinion is the only solution. Also the Flight deck can be armed.
For the time being .....keep the fire axe handy. At the first indication of nut cases like the one's that did the WTC , Just turn around and whack 'em in the face.

JG

If you don't succeed at first...........sky diving is not for you. :) :p