PDA

View Full Version : Non-typerated B777 captain at Korean air

taihaola
4th Feb 2009, 12:53
Korean air is now offering Non-typerated B777 captain position
for B767/B757 captain
any chance for B737NG captain?
I think B737NG cockpit is more similiar to B777 than that of B767/B757.
or any chance to be offered to any wide body jet during contract as B737NG
captain at Korean air?
Thank you for your info in advance!

olepilot
4th Feb 2009, 13:45
...shouldn't you ask KAL this?

cactusbusdrvr
4th Feb 2009, 14:46
The contractors are all calling for 757/767 experience with the last flight within the last 6 months. I would call Rishworth or GAP Aviation and get the real information. They know best what is required.

kk pilot
5th Feb 2009, 01:02
Why not apply for the 737NG? From what I hear, you want no part of the KAL training without extensive time both in the 777 (not just the type rating to be eligible for the job) and have been thru an asian company training environment - the 767 pilots have a very difficult time making it thru training I was told with a significant wash out rate vs the 777 captains with asian experience - western trained pilots are particularly at risk

cf680c2b
5th Feb 2009, 01:59
KKpilot has it right! in fact I may even modify the statement:

you want no part of kal.............But if you must(i.e. you have no job, you will be released soon, you have no other options), know your sh!t about your airplane/equipment/routes (for 777/744 its best to know longhaul procedures,Polar, NOPAC, PACOT, HF, CPDLC, SATCOM, etc.). That will leave you more time to learn their unique procedures and protocals and learn them very well.

Good Luck!

B737NG
5th Feb 2009, 07:18
Only B767/757 Driver with good expirience are invited in the past. If you join on B737NG and serve a few years with the Airline then you might have a option to change Fleet at KAL´s discretion on a first come first serve base. All Guy´s who joined them in 2000 and 2001 are ahead of those who will join soon with the fast promotion in mind...............

Fly safe and land happy

NG

taihaola
5th Feb 2009, 11:44
Thanks for your good infos !
In many threads about KA,Many people mentioned about the training of B777 at KA ,It's very touhg and very low pass rate.
How's like B737 training like?
How's the B737 rosters like in KA?

Thanks !

CAT IIIB
5th Feb 2009, 13:23
Maybe KAL has a very high training standard or maybe a lot of unnecessary training bull****.
Most of the time when people(KAL instructors-the best in aviation-cream of the crop:8) don't know ****,they make things look complicated and make life hard for you.I beleived that's the case in KAL.

on the glide
6th Feb 2009, 01:31
Gus,

Sometimes WORLD works these way....if "they" can make you a "bit"

complicated so why NOT,but Not trying to judge anybody either,SO yeah that's life is all about then...

Thank's God for it.:D