PDA

View Full Version : Docs and Nurses at War

Shack37
3rd Feb 2009, 19:08
New series just started on ITV1 now.

s37

PPRuNe Pop
3rd Feb 2009, 20:00
A most interesting and comforting programme that gives a real insight to what the medics are doing over there. A great job for sure.

Their dedication and care is remarkable while some of the Afghans seem to take it for granted.

Good job guys!

4mastacker
3rd Feb 2009, 20:00
Amazing people doing an amazing job... and a programme that does well to capture the tensions and emotions.

kokpit
3rd Feb 2009, 21:51
Wow, humbled.

gijoe
3rd Feb 2009, 23:19
As someone who has walked the 'front line' thank you for doing your job and for picking up the pieces when necessary.

I thank you again.

G :ok:

muggy73
4th Feb 2009, 08:16
Hats off to those guys :ok:for the absolutely sterling work they carry out in difficult conditions.....A well made and informative programme....unlike that rubbish on 5 (Warzone :mad:)

Rocket2
4th Feb 2009, 09:16
I started watching the programme with a great deal of scepticism assuming that it would be overdone & made to look like another version of Casualty/Holby/ER but I & Mrs R2 were quickly gripped by the way the producers put it accross & had wept many silent tears for everyone by the end. Well done ITV & well done all of you in that hell hole - I look forward in a sad way to next weeks edition.
R2

PPRuNeUser0211
4th Feb 2009, 12:07
Here here to all the above comments. Better half is a medic so can appreciate the technical aspects of what is done, but the emotional side is beyond me! Hats off to the weekend warriors:)

air pig
4th Feb 2009, 16:48
Watched this today, house very dusty at times, must get the cleaner to work harder.

Was the RAF 'paramedic' actually a PMRAFNS Flight Lieutenant Nursing Officer as recently the MERT boss was an PMRAFNS Squadron Leader.

This team is part of a long chain reaching from the CMTs at the front through the MER team, field hospital, aeromed teams to the UK and then to Selly Oak and Headley Court. Aeromed teams featured in Pravda ( RAF News last week ) for the work they do.

Amazing job, maybe this will show the "Great British Public" some of the realities of life and what HM Forces are doing in this conflict where children are targets.

Hippocratic Oath, Nurses Code of Conduct, other groups of professional obligations and the Geneva Convention shown at its best, caring for whoever turns up on your door step. Malcolm Kendall Smith take note of what your erstwhile colleagues are doing and hang your head in everlasting shame at your dereliction of duty.

Come home safe one and all.

Air Pig.

Grabbers
4th Feb 2009, 17:41
Truly humbling. Warzone it ain't!

Keep safe people.

Safeware
4th Feb 2009, 17:47
I think the nurse that was featured looking after the little ones was in the papers a few months ago as a mum going to war alongside her son (s?) who were going to be serving out in Afg at the same time.

The prog even captured the attention of my little kids.

Respect to all

sw

Chugalug2
4th Feb 2009, 18:24
Thanks for the heads up, Shack37. I'm watching it right now via:
????????? (http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/Video/default.html?ViewType=5&Filter=35129)

Shack37
10th Feb 2009, 10:31
Second part tonight 2000 GMT. If it continues as it began should be worth watching.

s37

Mister-T
10th Feb 2009, 10:55
A timely reminder, thanks for that as I really enjoyed last weeks.