PDA

View Full Version : Guvnor in trouble

Evanelpus
19th Nov 2001, 20:28
Don't flame me for this, it is news.

It appears The Guv (aka Ceilidh)is taking large stick over on the spotters website www.airliners.net. (http://www.airliners.net.) The topic is about whether DAT is going to the wall soon and he has pi**ed off loads on there.

The comments are quite amusing, coming from irate Belgians, plane spotters and US sympathisers of both parties.

The Guvnor
19th Nov 2001, 21:27
Actually, I only posed the question to find out whether what Hudson was saying on the DAT thread yesterday could be confirmed! :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

Those Belgians are a strange bunch though ... no wonder all the foreign companies looking to invest in the EU give the place a wide berth and dump their cash in the UK and Ireland.

And they want Brussels to be the administrative capital of Europe? :D :eek: :D

sirwa69
19th Nov 2001, 23:05
Tried to follow the thread on Airliners.net but found the site tiresome and cumbersome. Won't be going back there again. :rolleyes:

Wanula Dreaming
19th Nov 2001, 23:44
Guvīs right about the Belgians though.

I lived in Belgium for 10 years.

As a foreigner you easily get lost in the (very corrupt !) political and legal maze that Belgium is.

A few examples :

Dutroux,
Paul van den Bouyenands (spelling ?) a.k.a VDB,
The (never solved) murder on politician Cools in Liege,
The gang of Nijvel,
The Augusta helicopter affair,
The army jeep affair,
Jean Pierre van Rossum,
Vlaams Blok and a right wing police commisioner in Molenbeek, Brussels.
The Belgian Royal family blocking a deal between KLM and Sabena.

Just to name a few. The list goes on and on. :(

Itīs time for Belgians to start taking a very close and critical look at themselfs instead of blaming Swissair or The Guvnor for all the Sabena troubles.

[ 19 November 2001: Message edited by: Wanula Dreaming ]

GlueBall
25th Nov 2001, 02:09
Nothing like a Belgian Waffle. With powdered sugar. :cool:

mach78
29th Nov 2001, 02:23
Pity they couldn't get Leon Degrelle back.He would have sorted them out

sabenapilot
29th Nov 2001, 03:07
I've found it extremely interesting to see how our good old Ceilidh, (ake Guvnor)had to give in completely to a single stupid Belgian financial expert proving him with facts only (which were provided by ceilidh BTW!)that his thatcherish and simplistic point of view was totally insane (as usual)....

A true must for all of us, but a huge frustrasion for our Guvnerd...
:D

G.Khan
29th Nov 2001, 14:06
tolipanebas - Mrs Thatcher did an awful lot for GB and a majority of the 60 million are very grateful to her for it. Because most of what she did would not suit the left-of-centre, 'luvies' and many journalists she has taken a lot of stick in the media but the media is only there for reference, it is definitely NOT Gospel, as they would have us believe. Sorry a bit 'off thread' but I doubt if Maggie will be posting herself!

[ 29 November 2001: Message edited by: G.Khan ]

The Guvnor
29th Nov 2001, 14:21
Actually, Sabenapilot, the 'stupid Belgian financial expert' was coming out with duff gen. The one - and only - area that I conceded was on the average number of seats per DAT aircraft! :rolleyes: Your so called expert was using an ACMI rate - which excluded such necessities as fuel - which tend to make a significant difference to costs. :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

Really, if you're going to criticise - get your facts straight.

Belgium sorely needs a Maggie Thatcher. If you don't get one soon, you'll go even further down the pan... :D

sabenapilot
29th Nov 2001, 14:36
Is the UK finally going to deport her then?
:D
I suppose there still are of few countries which would very much like to get their hands on her... (Argentina for instance...)

sabenapilot
29th Nov 2001, 14:53
So, if I now understand you right (which isn't easy because you keep on changing your vesion of the story all the time) then you didn't even know the size of the dat fleet nor what planes they operate? :eek:
By deduction I conclude you have no clue eighter as to what their destinations and frequencies are eighter, but yet you are so well informed that you can make a full financial analysis of dat! :eek:

Boy, if you can make such accurate financial forcasts without any insight information at all, they this must certainly allow you to buy the best shares on the stock exchange all the time, so you certainly must be a billionaire by now, right?
oh, but wait a minute, we established only last week you couldn't even scrape together a single milion dollars for one very cheap L-1011 you always keep on talking about...
Conclusion: Because of your apparent total lack of richess, I can only see that your financial insight, thus yout factual analysis are way below the standards you try to make us believe they have...

BTW, those who want to have a good laugh MUST go back to the airliners.net forum... It is really pathetic to see how our Guv-nerd aka Ceilidh (after reading what we thought of his performence overthere) is now trying to turn the tide...
The subject already descended to the bottom of the second page, but he revitalised it after he checked in on PPRuNE this morning only to see his image here had been done no good overnight...
A real looser. :D

sabenapilot
29th Nov 2001, 16:03
Yez, Guvnor...
It has been over 1.5hrs now that you have posted your pathetic reply on airliners.net and still nobody even cared to answer to it!
Could it be you've lost your last credibility as to the dat subject?
Maybe it is time to reactivate one of your other alteregos... Bove or anythng like that could maybe cut in to say just how well informed you are, how correct your analysis is and how stupid all others are! If nobody else wants to do it, you'll have to do it yourself my friend... as usual! :D

411A
29th Nov 2001, 20:40
Looks like sabenapilot (probably a new guy/gal in the airline industry) just does NOT like the 'GOV.... :rolleyes:

chiglet
30th Nov 2001, 01:33
Am I missing something? :confused:
Who is "sabenapilot?"
On the 13 threads
toli 4
guv 2
ev, sir, gk, wd, 411, m78,gb:- 1 each
I cannot find "SB"
help
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

G.Khan
30th Nov 2001, 03:20
Come on now, Chiglet, SabenaPilot spelt backwards IS?????!!!!! :rolleyes:

Brenoch
14th Dec 2001, 16:26
Oh, oh, I know, I know...

Greg Baddeley
14th Dec 2001, 17:24
Majority of UK population grateful to Mrs.T????? Now you're having a laugh......... :( :(

skynet1008
14th Dec 2001, 17:30
How can an airline operate with miniscule load factors vast expenses minimal income and fly around europe leaving a trail of debts that are mounting daily legally? Will the Belgian court of commerce pick up the bill.In future no hotel worldwide will let
belgian crews stay without money upfront.Its happened on 6 Nov and it will repeat on the 17 dec.

Brenoch
15th Dec 2001, 13:52
Rather Mrs.T. than Mr.T... :D :D :D

Pointer
18th Dec 2001, 16:53
i gues it's true about that "island thing then....being not to bright and short sighted???