PDA

View Full Version : 8,000 miles viz at PIK!

The Guvnor
19th Nov 2001, 20:10
... at least according to Aerochart (http://www.aerochart.com/mapping/weather/index.cfm?typ=APT&txt=EGPK)

FO Cokebottle
20th Nov 2001, 01:54
Hey Guv,

Still looking for L10 Crew? :rolleyes:

FL310
20th Nov 2001, 04:14
Well Guv, hope you rely on more accurate data for your next project.... :D

The Guvnor
20th Nov 2001, 13:23
Don't worry, FL310 - I do! :D :D :D

Georgeablelovehowindia
21st Nov 2001, 00:15
Weather observation from Troon, which is next door to Prestwick:
"If ye can see Arran, it's gonnae rain. If ye canna see it, it's raining!"

411A
21st Nov 2001, 06:37
The last time I was in PIK, HM Customs put three seals on the liquor cabinet...never mind the vis....simple things for simple minds. :rolleyes:

mutt
21st Nov 2001, 09:06
411A

It’s the Celtic mentality, to be sure, to be sure, to be sure! :)
Mutt

wild turkey surprise
21st Nov 2001, 13:33
mutt

you wouldn't happen to be american would you? you need to get your cultures sorted out. last time i looked PIK was in scotland.

moggie
22nd Nov 2001, 12:35
True - PIK is in Scotland but the Scots are celts, too.

I worked there for 4 years - any local would seal his cabinet to stop foreigners getting at the drink!

Quidnunc
22nd Nov 2001, 14:16
I saw the Moon from Brighton last night. Viz = 1/4 million miles. :eek:

[ 22 November 2001: Message edited by: Quidnunc ]

10W
22nd Nov 2001, 16:13
I can see the sun from PIK today. Viz 93 Million miles

stagger
22nd Nov 2001, 16:41
I saw Beta Ursae Majoris in the sky last night. Visibility 79 light years....

New Bloke
22nd Nov 2001, 18:29
I saw Uranus......

wild turkey surprise
24th Nov 2001, 19:22
moggie

you wouldn't happen to be american too would you? i'm afraid i beat you by 33 years. being celtic may be a common denominator (although it depends who you ask) but i've yet to hear a local recite 'to be sure, to be sure, to be sure'.

i saw the whole of the moon (so said a local folk hero!)

moggie
27th Nov 2001, 02:43
Wild Turkey Surprise - I am most definitely British - born and bread.

I know the Jocks don't say "to be sure" x 3 - they are in fact more likely to say "can you cover that bit of healthy food in batter and deep fry it please?" whilst also bemoaning the fact that the English are to be blamed for everything that goes wrong north of Hadrian's Wall.

OK - I'm not just British, I am English. Scotland is a lovely country and would be even more so if the locals would lose the (lard-fried) chip from the shoulder.

There - got that off my chest!

PS - America - the country that makes Canada the wondeful refuge of culture and sanity that it is. God bless the maple leaf.

The Guvnor
27th Nov 2001, 11:12
Come on, now, Moggie - that's not fair ... since when was a Mars bar healthy food?

Seriously though it's obviously been many years since you've been north of the border - and well worth your while to revisit us again! There are more tofu and salad bars in Glasgow and Edinburgh than you can shake a stick at; and even the neds are members of health clubs these days.

Now that the Stone of Scone has been returned to its rightful place, can we have the oil trillions you Sassenachs stole from us as well, please? :eek: :D :eek:

wild turkey surprise
27th Nov 2001, 13:19
moggie

who's the one with the chip on their shoulder?

i suggest you reread this thread. my original post was a tongue in cheek response to a tongue in cheek post by mutt.

you then jumped in with (i will assume for the sake of argument) another tongue in cheek post to which i responded, again tongue in cheek.

i thought i was talking about different cultures so when you reply with a rant like that it merely exposes you as another out of the mould 'lets make the world english' hypocrite. fortunately there are not many of you around.

please keep your archaic empire sentiments with you in spain.

if you can't take the banter, keep away from the keyboard.

moggie
27th Nov 2001, 15:06
Wild Turkey Surprise - I suggest you take a chip check yourself! I am not trying to make out that the whole world should be English - if it was we would have no-one left to be better than. But of course you can not see the lump in my cheek as I type - so I'll let you off this once.

Have you ever lived in Scotland yourself? If you had you would understand how boring the constant anti-English media sniping gets to be. Still, that did ease off once they got their own "pretendy wee parliament" (and there I use the words of the VERY Scottish Billy Connelly) and realised that their own politicians were as cr@p as the Scots running the British parliament.

I have many Scottish friends - they all make the same food and booze jokes as I did.

Guv - I only left PIK a little over 12 months ago - and there they still think Tofu is a Japanese car or the new Swedish player at Celtic!.

wild turkey surprise
27th Nov 2001, 16:36
:rolleyes: ah poor moggie.....you just can't help yourself, can you?

rant, rant, yawnnnnnn, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

gravity victim
28th Nov 2001, 20:14
WTS,

"To be sure,to be sure,to be sure"

Isn't that why the Irishman wore three condoms? ;)

MaximumPete
28th Nov 2001, 21:34
Ah! Bring back the good old days when we used to sell condoms to the Irish on the black market during our meal break.

That's why we put that rumour out.The demand tripled!

MP :p

moggie
29th Nov 2001, 20:29
Wild Turkey Surprise - would I be right in assuming that you are from the great big country that regards the next state as "international" when it comes to the news reports and thinks that Scotland is a county in England?

Tongue in cheek - old boy. Anglo-Scottish banter is the kind of thing we all grew up with over here and which very few people (the Scottish Daily Record and English Daily Express apart) actually take seriously.

scotland is a beautiful country - so all we now have to do is find some way of getting the Scots out so that we can buy the house cheap for holiday homes.

Has Texas got room for 10 million whingers?

(WTS - that is a joke too!)