PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail blocking netvigator?

D.B.er
3rd Feb 2009, 05:08
Anyone else finding emails to hotmail.uk from netvigator are being blocked by hotmail? I got the following when I try to email either of my kids from home.

"- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: [email protected]; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

Remote MTA mx4.hotmail.com: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help. Email/network admins, we recommend enrolling in our Junk E-Mail Reporting Program (JMRP), a free program intended to help senders remove unwanted recipients from their e-mail list: http://postmaster.live.com"

Cheers

D.B.er

Dan Winterland
3rd Feb 2009, 06:21
Quite a few servers block netvigator, mainly because @netvigator.com addresses have been used so may times in the past by spammers. Hong Kong for a while was the spamming capital od the world. I found sometime ago that quite a lot of my mails were not getting through. I contacted netvigator about this (having already discovered the reason) and they feigned suprise. It was only after I threatened to dump them that they did something and now more of my mails get sent sucessfully. What they did, I don't know. But it seems they have a way of verifying your outgoing mail to other servers.

Give them a call and threaten to leave them if they don't do something.

CodyBlade
3rd Feb 2009, 06:59
try deleting all 'cookies'

D.B.er
5th Feb 2009, 10:21
Thanks for your tips.

It is working again after contacting netvigator, but am I really the only person who had a problem sending to hotmail?

(This was their reply

Dear Mr. xxx

In response to your previous enquiry regarding email issue, as informed
that by our back-end support department, they have contacted the remote
internet service provider for further checking. Please try again later.)