PDA

View Full Version : Pprune site playing up?

unstable load
3rd Feb 2009, 01:56
Is it only me here with this problem?I have replied to a few posts and have paragraphed my replies to keep things neat and vaguely coherent, but as soon as I post the reply it all comes out in one lump.Anyone else having this snag??

Q300
3rd Feb 2009, 02:19
Nope just the occasional database error for me, but it's working fine now. :confused:

Loose rivets
3rd Feb 2009, 04:25
The one time I thought I could answer a technical question, the rules have changed. Editor mode, top right, used to allow everything to be lumped together...now it doesn't.:ugh:

Firestorm
3rd Feb 2009, 08:31
The wrong quantity of the wrong sort of snow on the line. Perhaps.

Cheerio
3rd Feb 2009, 09:53
Sorry, I'm messing about with this thead as an experiment.
In this post I have allowed Javascript and I see the text entry box is quite different when Javascript is disabled (see post below). Also with javascript 'on' text entry is 'what you see is what you get'

So it seems that with javascript turned 'off' for pprune.org you must insert XHTML formatting tags manually. :{ Including the line break.

Cheerio
3rd Feb 2009, 10:07
Indeed I have tested it and with javascript turned off, you only get basic text entry. If you want to format anything you need to put in XHTML tags, including the humble line break.

So the choice is either to permit javascript on pprune.org, or get to know XHTML... :{

The br Element - Forced line break - XHTML 1.0 HTML 4.0 (http://webdesign.about.com/od/htmltags/p/bltags_br.htm)

unstable load
3rd Feb 2009, 14:02
I'm using IE6 and it happened while I was previewing a post for errors and try as I might, I could not put in paragraph breaks. I also struggled with wrapping quote marks around a segment.
My post here was supposed to be in two bits with the question separated from the rest, with the result you can see posted.

Still, no real harm done. It will probably turn out to be finger trouble from my side, it often does.

Thanks for the inputs!!:ok:

unstable load
3rd Feb 2009, 14:04
This time it worked!! Lovely stuff!

frostbite
3rd Feb 2009, 15:41
Also using Opera, and no problems other than the 'Database error' which seems to have gone away.

Unless...........