PDA

View Full Version : So how's the UK airports getting on today?!

JB007
2nd Feb 2009, 10:10
LHR must be carnage by now! How's LGW coping?...Midlands didn't look good?

Ahhh...day off...

rog747
2nd Feb 2009, 10:12
heard CWL and EMA are open for business,
am sure they are gagging for some extra diversion cash lol

not a bus or a tub here in central london,
quiet as church yard in paddington...:ok:

call100
2nd Feb 2009, 12:38
BHX....Open for business as usual.........So far...:ok::cool:

OliWW
2nd Feb 2009, 13:50
EMA is operational and has been all day, few delays this morning because of aircraft needing to be de-iced which has had a knock on effect all day, 1hr delays for a few flights, but they are all leaving, I think 2 flights have been cancelled, to catch up with the schedule, but otherwise all running fine. Its still snowing though, not stopped here

WATABENCH
2nd Feb 2009, 14:07
BRS still just about open and has been taking diverts this morning from STN, BOH and EMA, mostly FR and EZY's I believe. 3 non BRS based FR's sat on western apron at the moment.

Cancellations on AMS, BRU and CDG due to WX down route, and a couple of diverts (KRK, ALC, BGY) to CWL and EXT about 1340 during heavy snow. Think WX is forecast worse for BRS this evening and tomorrow.

Latest from BRS website....

WEATHER UPDATE
Bristol International Airport is currently experiencing some delays and a small number of cancellations as a result of the adverse weather conditions. Departing passengers are advised to check in as normal. For further flight information please visit our arrivals and departures board, or contact your airline or ceefax.

JamesKirk
2nd Feb 2009, 19:27
BHX....Open for business as usual.........So far...http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gifhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/cool.gif

Is that apart from the R/Way closure of 2 & 1/2 hrs this morning & the same again this evening, loads of Flts DVT to proper airports (where they can keep the runway & apron open) & Cancelled outbound flights followed.
Passengers not happy that we cannot keep operating with literally 2 cms of the white stuff on the ground.
But i forgot that was business as usual for BHX:ugh:

tigger2k8
2nd Feb 2009, 22:44
BFS suffered multiple delays and cancellations to all UK destinations...

LTN-BFS nightstopper didn't make it back from BRS during an earlier flight... so now theres 1 less aircraft at BFS in the morning:ugh:

caaardiff
3rd Feb 2009, 02:12
so now theres 1 less aircraft at BFS in the morning

BRS are down 4 Ezy's. All the wrong side of the Severn!

Goldilocks95
3rd Feb 2009, 04:41
you know im glad thats its a tuesday todaythen and not a friday! we only need i think 3 ezys for tuesday mornings at brs!

Tulsablue
3rd Feb 2009, 07:06
Manchester coped very well with all the diverted aircraft, all local hotels really pulled all the stops out. Local coach operators had a good day.

Got a problem, come to MAN we can cope.

PilotPieces
3rd Feb 2009, 09:24
FAB has snow on the runway and I have only seen two in this morning.

GULF69
3rd Feb 2009, 13:15
I know some crew on a Challenger that are due to take off from FAB this evening... hope they make it

call100
3rd Feb 2009, 17:05
Is that apart from the R/Way closure of 2 & 1/2 hrs this morning & the same again this evening, loads of Flts DVT to proper airports (where they can keep the runway & apron open) & Cancelled outbound flights followed.
Passengers not happy that we cannot keep operating with literally 2 cms of the white stuff on the ground.
But i forgot that was business as usual for BHX:ugh:
It was tongue in cheek...Well spotted...:ugh:
.However, You, like many show your total lack of any understanding of winter ops. Which is why it's not worth the many explanations given.
Best treat the complainers with the same disdain they give to those who work very hard to get things running again.:*

GULF69
4th Feb 2009, 05:58
well our challenger got our of FAB ok...

WATABENCH
5th Feb 2009, 09:20
I believe BRS, EMA & LTN all closed early this morning, BRS must be open now as have heard a/c over my house!

groundhogbhx
5th Feb 2009, 20:17
BHX closed again this morning, not really surprising the way the white stuff was covering the roads as soon as the sweeper had passed. All back to normal at 0928:ok:

WATABENCH
6th Feb 2009, 07:29
BRS, EXT AND LTN All this morning,

BRS is closed til at least 1030, but the way the snow is in the area at the moment i guarentee it will be longer, the A38 is impassable at the airport and there is thunder and lightning to boot.

EXT is now open again at 0800

LTN is closed til at least 1200

mathers_wales_uk
6th Feb 2009, 11:41
BRS Closed until 16:00 Bristol International Airport (http://www.bristolairport.co.uk/)