PDA

View Full Version : Moderators.

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 06:57
Will the particular mod that keeps thread banning me please make themselves known. I have Questions as to why they only remove what suits them, and leave other remarks on thread. :ugh::rolleyes:
I'm not all that concerned about this particular event, but it is beginning to show a biased trend.
PM is fine.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
2nd Feb 2009, 07:44
Yes some/one of the Moderators seems to be taking liberty with regards to Policing their personal opinions.

The Terms of Use are HERE (http://www.internetbrands.com/ib/terms/enthusiasts?site=www.pprune.org).

Now I have just been banned from a thread with Wizard of Auz for some comical banter, for apparently "being childish", where is " being childish" outlawed within the terms of use ?. Who did I defame, other than Wiz's nanna ?.

Which moderator is such a prude ?.

If this is the way PPRUNE is to continue, no fun, well you can count me out, please ban me permanently and I'll find another site that is moderated by less fragile ego's.

Over and probably out.................

Mr. Hat
2nd Feb 2009, 08:44
which thread?

framer
2nd Feb 2009, 08:58
As of about two months ago I have had a couple of posts removed that were in no way offensive or defamatory. They were both humerous posts...(or attempts at it). I wonder if there is a new Mod who thinks this is all very very serious business with no place for humour. Sad day if thats the case.:sad:

StickWithTheTruth
2nd Feb 2009, 09:34
There's another light aircraft forum out there where you can be banned forever without even making a post! Seems that if you have the wrong company name in front of the .com.au or whatever you get banned straight away.

PPRune you're doing it right 98% of the time :ok:

(Note this post has nothing to do with the thread with regard to Wiz's comments)

Konev
2nd Feb 2009, 09:40
ha framer, first time i have seen mention of this place being 'serious'

first time i heard about pprune was because of its forums filled with bollocks for readers amusement which is a pure magnet for me.

oh well. theres always one.

Capt Fathom
2nd Feb 2009, 09:44
Bizarre!

I mentioned the name Pionair in response to a post, and it was deleted by the mods.

Only my post. No one else's!

:confused:

james michael
2nd Feb 2009, 09:59
It's too funny for words.

Even funnier, I'm posting this knowing only I can see my post because Tailskid set things up so JM posts and no-one but JM sees the post.

Answer to the questions on this thread - TW is the problem, and won't be able to recognise it because he is firmly embedded in the khyber of a certain well known Oz entrepreneur. No name, no pack drill, no clues.

Good on yer, Bob.

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 10:24
Who did I defame, other than Wiz's nanna ?.

Mate, she reckons she jumped a couple of points in social standing with you in her bed. I had to tell her who you really were......... no more nana nighty for you. :E
Hey you reckon I will get banned from my own thread???????? :eek:
anyway, the mod should be here any old time........

The Green Goblin
2nd Feb 2009, 10:24
Same thing happened to me in the M*****R thread banned until the 3rd at 11pm for being 'childish'

Looks like one of the mods discovered a new button to play with :p

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 10:29
I was banned from one of the Barwon heads threads for stating the obvious....... and the banning was for , and I quote, " to save me from the horror of it all".
You would think the thread would have been locked for being the same as all the others........... self serving tripe written by four people with five user names each....... but nah...... I got banned for calling them on it. :ugh: Maybe your right and they have a new button. otherwise the childish posts button would have been used when those people were making veiled threats, calling people names and making up stupid poems about their opposition in the courts and air.:rolleyes:

Disco Stu
2nd Feb 2009, 10:34
The D&G Mods leave some of the other forum mods for dead in the reasonable, and more importantly, consistency stakes.

I know they can be confusing and frustrating but be nice to what we've got and DO NOT encourage input from any foreigners. You know the sort I mean Wiz (just think paintings)

I doubt some of the PPP's would survive in the D&G environment anyway.

Perhaps try to e-m or PM the Aussie Mod's.

:ugh:

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 10:37
You know the sort I mean Wiz (just think paintings)

You kill me Stu. that was a hangover to be reckoned with....... and I bearly remember the burger I was going to kill to protect. :}:}:E
I really hope your not suggesting there was a mod upstairs........ I'm buggered if thats the case...........surely not??

abhi88
2nd Feb 2009, 10:42
Its time for a revolution people!! The dictator mod must Go!!!:}:}

Wally Mk2
2nd Feb 2009, 11:12
hey 'Wiz' me mate forget trying to understand a certain Mod, it's like trying to nail jelly to a tree!!!:ugh: I'm their biggest threat I believe, (serial thread drifter, sheeeeezzto think ya get less for murder!:ugh:) & with being threatened with tactics that would rival Hitlers filth I was flawed that we live under such tyranny (chk spelling please spelling police)here within a public forum:sad: yr posts probably are 'red flagged' like mine:(

Still as we know there is another more friendly forum just over the road but most come in here for the spirited debates, just not the heavy handed school principals rules that's enforced with an iron fist!

So for now 'wiz' you have 'friends' in here, unlike a certain Mod, see ya on da udder side:E

Wmk2, or is that 3?:E

Disco Stu
2nd Feb 2009, 11:12
No, not a Mod, but from the same country. PPommyP's.

I know we used to be able to ring the Woomera's whenever we wanted, there is still one number I can give you if you feel inclined.

If any of you fellow PPRuNers think our D&G Mod's are bad, have a look at any of the UK centric forums and you will see what bad really is. PPP's:*

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 11:57
S'right Stu....... I get it now. :ok: I still chat to a couple of them, and have been contacted as well. I know who it isn't. :eek:
Jelly to a tree huh????? I should try that with Bourbon in me. :}

tail wheel
2nd Feb 2009, 12:50
Green Goblin

I took two of your posts out "of public view" in the M@cair thread. (No, they are not deleted - I can see them, you can't.)

Here is your two posts:

"Why do people spit when they talk and are angry?"

"Breaking news - Qantas buy ******, Skywest and Airnorth!"

I'm yet to make any sense at all of your first post. :confused:

As to your second post, you may find it amusing that your post may well give false hope to over 200 desperate staff about to be terminated, probably without their financial entitlements. I don't share your sense of sick humour! :mad:

I feel for those staff about to be out of work, many of whom are just starting their career in aviation, cut short for reasons totally beyond their control, in a recession and rising unemployment.

Those staff are real people with families, kids, mortgages, financial commitments - and you see fit and amusing to give them false hope and make fun of their predicament! :ugh:

Yes, after two senseless, thoughtless posts in the same thread I was so p!ssed off that I thread banned you from that thread until February 3. :mad:

You were extremely lucky to have got away with only a few days!!! :ugh: :ugh:

I would be surprised if the vast majority of our PPRuNe Users, knowing the facts and after consideration, would not support my action.

I don't know anything about the the other "complaints" and am too tired to check tonight. I'll look tomorrow.

"PPRuNe you're doing it right 98% of the time"

Most users ever online was 7,043, 16th January 2009 at 08:41.
Threads: 292,102, Posts: 4,178,238, Members: 257,540

With over a quarter million registered users and growing by the day, and over a million page "hits" per day, I guess we must be doing something right!:ok:

Moderating is a very subjective - and thankless - task and despite the many hours each Mod spends each day reading posts on PPRuNe, we obviously never get it right in the opinion of a small minority - for which I make no apology!

Tail Wheel

P.S. OK. Found some of the posts referred to in the Convair 580 thread. I'll check with that Mod in a day or two when he's back on deck.

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 13:11
With over a quarter million registered users and growing by the day, and over a million page "hits" per day, I guess we must be doing something right!
Taily....... most of those people are only logging in to see what is going on with Leftys Nana. :}

tail wheel
2nd Feb 2009, 13:18
Wiz.

The thought of Lefty's Nanna .... nah, not going there, don't want to get banned! :(

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 13:43
:}:}:}:E:E:E:=
Oh, alright.:E

Wally Mk2
2nd Feb 2009, 20:57
Gee 'Wiz' yr still here, If I had have posted that thread I'd had been sent to the Russian front by the mod/s by now, who ya paying behind the scenes mate:E

At the end of the day seeing as this is s PUBLIC forum & if nobody goes outside their stated guidlines then any actionns by the Mod/s is a personal thing on their behalf.
Eg TW wrote................thoughtless posts in the same thread "I" (bolding mine)was so p!ssed off that I thread banned you from that thread until February 3. http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gif.....The above is what I mean. But as they say, if you don't like it go elsewhere, which a few have:-)
'Wiz' am not so sure about 'lefty's nana' being the reason most log on here but it's definetly the rough & tough banter that attracts a lot, going to 'sunday school' was also boring but not in here if left to be Australian, meaning we say what we mean, the Aussie way.:ok:

And lastly, am surprised this thread is still running, a much lessor one would have been locked ages ago!

Wmk2

tail wheel
2nd Feb 2009, 21:21
Yes, I was p!ssed off with those posts but it was not as subjective as you suggest.

Neither post added any value to the thread and one post was downright misleading and hurtful to the employees concerned. Experience tends to indicate posts of this nature lead to thread drift and/or agro.

The majority of users come to PPRuNe genuinely seeking information or to contribute to meaningful, professional debate. You may be surprised at the number of "Report This Post" complaints we receive regarding misleading, meaningless and worthless posts. In many cases, a post is deleted not due to a Moderator's sole decision, but due to multiple user complaints.

Another cause of :ugh: :ugh: is posts which have been made without adequate or sometimes any thought. One assumes the vast majority of users here are professional, commercial pilots, familiar with the concepts of various aircraft type performance and with access to a variety of technical data. If M@cair is in voluntary receivership after operating Metro and SAAB aircraft on remote RPT services, surely common sense dictates larger turbine aircraft and jet aircraft (EMB145's, Dash 8's, ATR's etc) with even higher capital costs would be less economically and commercially viable? And that is without consideration of ambient temperature and airstrip performance limits!

Accident and incident threads are a particular source of :ugh: :ugh: to the Mods. The number of pathetic "expert opinions" posted on PPRuNe, based on absolutely no technical knowledge of the accident/incident (and often a sad reflection on the user's lack of real professional flying knowledge) can be quite nauseas - and misleading to families and relatives of those involved.

The vast majority of users don't want to sift through a plethora of meaningless, inane, unprofessional and inappropriate chaff to follow a thread topic.

The Green Goblin
2nd Feb 2009, 21:36
With the "why do people spit when they are angry" comment, that was asking a stupid question due to another poster asking an equally stupid question above the said post, making me ask a stupid question to highlight the said posters stupidity. Subtle humour I guess.

In regards to the Qantas buy M****R, Airnorth and Skywest, we all know its not going to happen, there is a R in Pprune is there not? Perhaps it was a little too tongue in cheek and I apologize if that is the case, but we are here for a chin wag most of the time, not a factual source of information and as such it would have been interesting (in my opinion) to see where a debate on the issue I raised would have gone :ok:

(we now all know where it did go of course :})

Keg
2nd Feb 2009, 21:49
Experience tends to indicate posts of this nature lead to thread drift and/or agro.

Why is thread drift a drama? It happens as the discussion moves and progresses. If those that are interested want it back on the original topic it can be moved across. If not then the 'mob' has spoken about the direction of the thread. Recently a thread regarding J* advertising drifted into the usual fair of transparency in accounting. One contributor puts up some false logic discussion points and gets rebutted. The discussion is subsequently closed down. What harm is done in the drift? There was no agro, there was no animosity, there was no name calling.

So just to confirm. Thread drift is now verboten on PPRUNE?

greybeard
2nd Feb 2009, 22:15
Goodness, did a couple of our "princesses" get their egos dented?

It is NOT our site, we can have a free shot, the Mods are doing the job as it is needed to be done most times.

I hope little things dont set you going while you fly, if you do??

:=

tail wheel
2nd Feb 2009, 22:17
Keg.

A thread can "drift" around a topic and still qualify as professional and relevant debate. Posts which drift a thread off to unrelated ground, are obviously fallacious, intend to mislead, are a personal attack, are agro, or are totally irrelevant are often removed.

It has always thus been since Danny wore short pants.

You've been around PPRuNe almost as long as me - I see you are entitled to your ten year certificate on April 28 this year - with 2,680 posts and I am sure you are aware of the posts to which I refer.

We very rarely if ever have problems with posts by long term PPRuNe users. New thread, first post by a new users gets a fair "scrute", particularly if an IP search indicates that user has a plethora of other user names. :E

It also seems to take genuine new users, time, and a number of posts before they fully understand the ethos of PPRuNe Forums.

Yes greybeard, PPRuNe is not and never has been a "free for all"! It is a private forum in the public domain, for which the forum owners (and thus the legal "publishers") are legally liable for each and every post - as we've discovered a number of times over the years! :{

the wizard of auz
2nd Feb 2009, 23:06
Surely thread drift is acceptable to a point, as it happen in almost all conversation.
my bugbear is my posts being deleted and others with far more inflammatory stuff in them is being left on the thread. the posts then become out of context and indicate the moderators bias by picking my posts out of a bunch of worse ones and deleting them only. I don't particularly care that the Mod has a problem with me....... hey, most people do, but it does **** me no end that they are abusing the mods position to wage the war they have with me on their terms. never a warning or anything. just a note telling me I am thread banned for "whatever reason they see fit". I mean i even got one that said " to save you from the horror of it all" . If I want a baby sitter, I'll ask for one.
I have a theory that it isn't an Australian mod. at least they mostly have a sense of humor. I think it may be one of those thinning haired, pastey skinned yellow toothed English mods that have a problem with me. Could it be they are jealous of me and leftys nana?.:E

I hope little things dont set you going while you fly, if you do??
I can assure you Greybeard, that this little Princess has no problems with having anything dented........ and yes, I do in fact fly...... quite a bit actually. :ok:

Hey Taily, Do I get ten year badge?. I have been around far longer than my join date indicates. that date was after the great prune server meltdown.
When I started here, it was all emails. :E

Disco Stu
2nd Feb 2009, 23:23
Taily, at the risk of 'thread drift', I too have been around these boards for more that 10 years in various guises (PPP nanny's quick to ban when they don't understand things).

The 'Danny's trainset ' mantra is well worn on PPRuNe but is it still applicable.

What is Danny's role/relationship with PPRuNe these days?

tail wheel
2nd Feb 2009, 23:35
I have a theory that it isn't an Australian mod. at least they mostly have a sense of humor. I think it may be one of those thinning haired, pastey skinned yellow toothed English mods that have a problem with me. Could it be they are jealous of me and leftys nana?.

I will have great pleasure posting that quote in our Mod's Admin Forum - The Mod House. It should get some very interesting reactions from some who don't always have an Aussie sense of humour! :E

Don't be surprised if you experience a little icy Pommy winter!! :} :}

Danny is rather busy at present being a father of new twin ankle biters and flying long haul. Got an email from him this morning......

"Sitting here at crew check-in after driving 125 miles through blizzards to get to work in good time and they've gone and cancelled the flight!"

... indicating his sense of humour is being sorely tested!

He remains very involved with PPRuNe as the Chief Sherang and chief technical advisor.

Suggestion for a new Forum over in our Mod House:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b140/quartermilefinal/forum.jpg

I'd support that!!! :} :} :} :}

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 00:07
Another type of thread that gets up our nose:

"I'm thinking of doing a TIF/GFPT/PPL/CPL/Space Shuttle Endorsement etc. What is all the good and bad about flying schools at Bankstown/Archerfield/Upper Wallop"

Or words to that effect, by a new user, often first post. Our achives must contain hundreds and hundreds of pages on almost every flying school in Australia - why don't users use the Search function?

This inevitably leads to some pre pubescent kid, posting from the vast experience and technical competence of a 15 minute TIF, to post:

"Don't go to XYZ Flying School (http://www.boeing.com/commercial/flightops/flight_training.html), they are a rip off and their instructor Fred Nurks is an incompetent idiot."

Then we have a potential libel or defamation case on our hands! :{ There is no such thing as "free" speech on this or any other web site, nor is there total anonymity on this or any other web site - as some have discovered to their detriment over the years.

Or inevitably, the other type of response:

"I did my GFPT/B747 endorsement at ABC flying school (http://www.threestooges.com/) and they are excellent."

Which a little research by Mods confirms comes directly from that school's owner or CFI - check the links - trying to get in a free plug!!! :mad:

Search function is there to be used. :ugh:

Read the site disclaimer:

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions.

*"sciolist"... Noun, archaic. "a person who pretends to be knowledgeable and well informed".

It is just as relevant today as it was when Danny added it many years ago.

I hope that gives you some insight into the often onerous, occasionally amusing life of a PPRuNe Mod! :ok:

VH-XXX
3rd Feb 2009, 00:26
I enjoy it when a MOD goes crazy (thus removing himself from the forum) and then goes and posts elsewhere or emails everyone he knows with the contents of the private moderators forum with the dirt file on all the problem users, plus all the rumours and gossip that people have mailed directly to the moderators because they felt it was too sensitive for the public eye :D

Fantome
3rd Feb 2009, 00:45
The majority of users come to PPRuNe genuinely seeking information or to contribute to meaningful, professional debate.

Another cause of (deletion of) posts (is that they) have been made without adequate or sometimes any thought. One assumes the vast majority of users here are professional, commercial pilots, familiar with the concepts of various aircraft type performance and with access to a variety of technical data.

Accident and incident threads are a particular source of (concern) to the Mods. The number of pathetic "expert opinions" posted on PPRuNe, based on absolutely no technical knowledge of the accident/incident (and often a sad reflection on the user's lack of real professional flying knowledge) can be quite nauseas - and misleading to families and relatives of those involved.

The vast majority of users don't want to sift through a plethora of meaningless, inane, unprofessional and inappropriate chaff to follow a thread topic.

Thank you T/W. Sage advice in need of repeat at intervals.

In some contexts it is best to curb the urge to flippancy and stick firmly to the point. Took me years to arrive at that one. Maybe never did. (Okay, okay Tin. I hear you.)

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 01:27
Hey Taily, thanks for your input on here. Just shows that at least some of the mods are listening. :ok:
After speaking to Leftys Nana, she has assured me that there will be no detrimental legal action taken by herself (she likes me alot) so that becomes a non issue.
I really do like the Non issue folder........ we should have it and fire off threads like you mentioned into there. :ok:

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Feb 2009, 01:42
Now to work out who the pastey white, yellow teethed socks with sandals wearing, lefthanded walking the dog in the park cucumber sandwich eating MOD is who is defending my nannas honour is ?.

Mr. Hat
3rd Feb 2009, 01:52
Would iy be worth making a mega thread (merged 1968 to 2009) for newbies seeking advice on their first job quest. I reckon a 100 of my 900 are on this topic. I enjoy helping sharing my experience to help them and because it brings back memories/laughs but i do think that there could be a resoure there for newbies if they could go back and see all the posts on the topic..anyway just an idea..

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 01:55
cucumber sandwich eating MOD is
Hey Lefty, thats just going too far mate....... you will get us all banned.
Cucumbers indeed. :E

tinpis
3rd Feb 2009, 01:56
I enjoy helping sharing my experience to help them .....

Me too, I will always play the devils advocate. :E

The Green Goblin
3rd Feb 2009, 02:00
Bring back the 4 forums in D&G!

Should be listed as follows:

Self Proclaimed Airline Gods
General Aviation Fodder
D & G Wannabees (for the likes of a certain Fish who plays in the sun)
Frequently Asked Questions (all the upnorth threads, Flying schools etc)

PyroTek
3rd Feb 2009, 02:21
There are so many forums that can be made to get rid of specific problems, but then it brings up the issue of having too many forums on the site to the point where much of it is uncontrollable.

However, the Non-Events forum sounds cool!

I have a suggestion, however,
How about a "training" forum?
Where there is a thread to do with each school, no more.
Where someone can ask "What is school XXX like?" and everyone with a valid opinion posts it!
Repeat threads would get deleted, have a sticky on it saying "use the search function before making a topic!"
Hopefully this will deal with prepubescent 15 year old's (that's an awfully late puberty i must say) voicing their opinions.

Pyro:ok:

The Green Goblin
3rd Feb 2009, 02:40
Hopefully this will deal with prepubescent 15 year old's (that's an awfully late puberty i must say) voicing their opinions.

Says he who is middle aged at the ripe 'ole age of 18 :p

rmcdonal
3rd Feb 2009, 03:06
Another type of thread that gets up our nose:

Quote:
"I'm thinking of doing a TIF/GFPT/PPL/CPL/Space Shuttle Endorsement etc. What is all the good and bad about flying schools at Bankstown/Archerfield/Upper Wallop"

Or words to that effect, by a new user, often first post. Our achives must contain hundreds and hundreds of pages on almost every flying school in Australia - why don't users use the Search function?

In the defence of said post, aviation tends to be a Dynamic industry. Comments found in the original set of post may no longer reflect the current situation. If you look back through the posts on where to find your first NT gig the older ones say there are no jobs, when infact after 5 years since originaly posted there now is, but the potential employers listed no longer exist.
Flying schools close and re-open under new management and some comments may no longer reflect the truth (actualy they probably never reflected the truth anyway).

All that said, yes I can see how anoying it would be to see the same thing asked 3 times a week.
;)

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 04:09
.................Yes, I was p!ssed off with those posts but it was not as subjective as you suggest. True TW but like all others in here that's your opinion, or are we not allowed an opinion in a free country anymore?

'keg' you have a snow flakes chance in hell of convincing the Mod/s of anything about thread drifting, an act considered to be the same as having fun, something the Mod/s are amune to I've found out:sad:
Can't wait 'till TID reads all this, there'll be letter bombs in the mail for sure too a few of us:E
'wiz' me takes me hat off to ya mate:ok: By the amount of input to this thread in such a short time span it's obvious that the Mod/s antics are of interest to a lot of posters within.
As long as this site is accessed by the public then you will have varied comments & interests, so unless the Mod/s can stop playing God then we will have this topic come up again & again:E

For now whilst they (the Mod/) are p1ssing others off they are leaving me alone for a change:ok:

Wmk2

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 04:13
And hopefully me as well Wally...... But I fear I may get a smack before its all said and done. :(

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 04:23
don't cry/frown 'wiz', karma is alive & well:ok:

I'll see you on the other side mate:ok:

Wmk2

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 04:26
All that said, yes I can see how anoying it would be to see the same thing asked 3 times a week.

That would be a quiet week! :{

Pyro, there is a problem with your suggestion: PPRuNe already has a Professional Flying Training Forum (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies-14/), the forum we should be moving all the flying training inquires to, that are posted in Dunnunda Forum.

And in case you think the PPRuNe Professional Flying Training Forum is part of Nigel's World, totally divorced from Australian reality, let me assure you the Moderator in Flying Training is an Aussie, based in Australia, engaged in full time flying training and one of the best! :ok:

(It may surprise you, but there are a number of Aussie Mods, perhaps ten or so, in the various PPRuNe Forums. The three Dunnunda Forum Mods are all Australians.)

PPRuNe does not want or need more forums. The existing fifty seven (?) Forums are more than enough for the current fifty odd Admins and Mods around the world.

Any more Forume and the site would become dis-jointed and lose sight of it's objectives as a world wide forum for professional pilots.

Mr. Hat
3rd Feb 2009, 04:39
thread drift.....Years have passed and many colourful characters have come and gone. Can anyone remember some? "High Altitude" or "Aircraft" and wheres "Pass a Frozo" have not seen the big man around for a while. Whilst you/I may not agree with some they definitely add colour and a different perspective!

Can anyone remember any others?

My favourites are Metro Man and ITCZ - always good soild posts!

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 04:42
"By the amount of input to this thread in such a short time span it's obvious that the Mod/s antics are of interest to a lot of posters within."

Seventeen unique users have posted to this thread - 0.00664% of our total registered users and approximately 0.174% of the number of users that post in Dunnunda Forum in any given month.

I hardly think that constitutes "a lot of posters within"??? :confused:

Notably absent from this thread are the thousands of Dunnunda PPRuNe users who regularly make very professional contributions to our Dunnunda Forum.

By responding here, I hope the Dunnunda Mob obtain a better understanding of our PPRuNe expectations and why the Mods take the actions they do.

Except Capt Vegemite of course, seen off from other PPRuNe forums and now determined to make a life in Dunnunda and occasionally, Jetblast!!! :} :} :} :}

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Feb 2009, 05:18
Mr Hat,

What of our friend "Winstun".

Tailwheel,

97.69247% of statistics are BS, the other 47.8792% are highly improbable and what of the other other (not a typo) 16.78945%, how do you explain those ?:8.

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 05:25
I love the way the Mods try to justify their existance/antics, keep it up Mods we are amused for now:ok:
TW you & yr 'mates' will only 'win' 'cause it's not a level playing field in here & by that I mean you can simply slam the thread shut/locked leaving yr contributors once again scratching their heads:sad:
Anyway for now this thread is better than sex:E

Wmk2

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 05:39
Do you have to post to be counted in the stats?. I bet there are many more than the stated percentage that are visiting for a read and a giggle.

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 05:51
Yes. This thread has had 1,564 page views since it commenced yesterday.

Dunnunda Forums receives an average of 135,000 page views per day.

You work the statistics!

ForkTailedDrKiller
3rd Feb 2009, 06:04
Anyway for now this thread is better than sexhttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/evil.gif

Geez Wally! There is treatment available these days ya know! :E

Dr :8

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 07:26
Careful Dr:8 don't follow me too close buddy, you'll go down too in flames as a serial thread drifter:E Besides this thread has been running for what, 24hrs+ or so? That's a LOT longer than any sexual encounter I've ever had:E Like I said it's better than sex 'cause it lasts longer:}

As they say if it's the 3 F's then rent it !

TW for now at least yr a good sport, you've not locked this thread to date but am afraid yr buddie/s might see differently:ok:

Wmk2

empacher48
3rd Feb 2009, 08:11
What's this about sex?? :E

Nah, personally good to hear what the mods are expecting on this site, at least they're happy to post on a thread like this rather than another forum I belong to (shock-horror I post in two forums :}) where they don't post and threads like this would never have seen the light of day...

I would never want their job.. No matter what they offered... (well if they give away good looking, young blonde women, then I might seriously think about it :E).

indamiddle
3rd Feb 2009, 08:13
why not start a thread that has the edited/deleted posts posted, without libel. mods could post their criticisms with the original post and we could comment on whether the mods are being reasonable/infantile etc, posters are d!Kheads/management material. i am happy if you kick it off with my deleted post yesterday

The Green Goblin
3rd Feb 2009, 08:50
Indamiddle, Pprune aint a democracy, its run by dictators who run the place with as much iron fist as they deem fit. I think they do a pretty reasonable job most of the time.

Fortunately its a good spot for a bit of a noodle whilst on Standby or kickin' back in the hotel room.

A democracy is where we vote for the Moderators as a collective :cool:

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 09:16
I have an even better idea!!! :ok: :ok:

Why don't you go start your own aviation forum, no rules and truly free, democratic posts where users can post what they really want to say, with out pesky Mods interfering?

I promise to be amongst the first to register and re-post all the libelous and defamatory posts deleted from PPRuNe! :}

In the meantime, acknowledge PPRuNe is a private forum and the owners/publishers are legally liable for your posts.

The Green Goblin
3rd Feb 2009, 09:19
I know just the name UPprune :}

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 10:30
Now that's clever 'GG':D

...........libelous and defamatory posts .........Tell me something TW & this is just a question not a direct attack on you. If yr statement above is why some posts get deleted (& it' fair enough especially if libelous) then why have a lot of mine & others for Eg been deleted for such terrible things like thread drifting or even the more heinous (God I hate those words I always have to look 'em up to stop the spelling police from getting over excited:E) crime of posting too much? Would PPRUNE be sued beyond recognition for that?:hmm:, deleting posts like that are just a result of some mods personal power trip.
Look this is a commercial adventure right? By way of adds & all the crap that goes with it to support the site, what does an advertiser want most for his dollar? LOOKERS !!

Most threads tend to die off after a while anyway drifting or not, in fact once a lot of thread drifting is obvious the way I would see it is that the original subject has run it's course to some degree & humor/fun has taken over, a crime perhaps?:sad:

Anyway perhaps this thread ought to be locked b4 TID comes along, some of us have our knecks stuck out a long way from being honest here:sad:

Wmk2

Disco Stu
3rd Feb 2009, 10:37
Why don't you go start your own aviation forum

What and then sell it to the septics:ok:

Tailies (all of you), do not take this thread personally, Trainsets, start you own forum etc etc is trotted out by mod's in response to members queries whenever unfathomable, inconsistent or simply petulant moderation is felt by posters. All the moderation in the world will not change how people feel they are being treated. There have been times that PPRuNe mod's have been guilty of some abominable clangers from my experience and observations.

As I have said earlier, at least the D&G Mods are more reasonable and realistic than those found elsewhere on PPRuNe

Disco Stu:ok:

Hugh Spencer
3rd Feb 2009, 10:47
I have been banned for the first time in my long life. I have been trying to help those who have been having trouble with sinus and eustachian tube problems in the medical section. It is all because I have been writing about a solution to this problem too many times - the Moderator is getting bored with it!

Posts deleted on the med forum with this comment: multiple posts in multiple threads recommending the same commercial product

When they kicked off yet again the mods put the med forum out of Hugh's view.

Rob

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
3rd Feb 2009, 11:47
Tailwheel,

So who banned Wiz and myself from the "Johnson Aviation" thread ?.

If the ban is to stand could you please shut down my user name and I'll go piss in someone elses puddle.

No fun = No LHRT.

Bad medicine
3rd Feb 2009, 12:59
Hugh,

You made your point, you gave a glowing recommendation of a particular product, and that was fine. Your initial posts were left in place for the benefit of all. Recommending the same commercial product over and over, on several threads, smacks of advertising. Advertising on this site is not free. The mods have no way of knowing if you work for the company involved, or have some other interest (regardless of your stated altruism). This was explained to you, and you chose to ignore it. Stop advertising the product, play by the rules, and you are welcome.

Cheers,

BM
Med mod

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 13:32
Gorn mate, let it out..... you will fell better for it. Nice that you even got yourself a new user name for the purpose.:ok:

And just so you know how I'm feeling, may I suggest you go plat your sh!t, Dikkhead. :ok:

tail wheel
3rd Feb 2009, 19:45
"Tailies (all of you), do not take this thread personally..."

Stu. There is only one Tail Wheel and I think you know him well enough to know he doesn't take anything personally or too seriously...... :}

Lefty. "Johnson Aviation" does not come up in Search as a thread title. Link please? (Not sure I know how to find out which Mod did what, but I'll see if a reason was given.)

I won't be reversing a decision by another Mod. You wish to appeal a decision you are welcome to email PPRuNe Admin. I can't delete your user name. If you don't want to be here, don't post. Simple.

Have you moved to Perth? Just when aviation is getting very interesting in your old stamping ground..... :E

Tidbinbilla
3rd Feb 2009, 20:00
Good morning all,

I don't have much more to add to what Tail Wheel has written, as he is far more eloquent in his writing style than I.:}

As Tail Wheel has written, we accept a certain amount of thread drift, but at some stage we have to take steps to bring things back on track. I make no apologies for deleting certain posts to achieve that aim, (which is in the interest of the 99.99% of members that do make positive contributions to PPRuNe). It's unfortunate, but sometimes necessary. It all comes down to thinking before you post.

All Mods are contactable by PM. If you have an enquiry about something - write to us. We all work regular jobs, with some of us away for several days at a time. That means that there might be a delay in getting back to you, but one of us will.

TID

OpsNormal
3rd Feb 2009, 21:38
I just googled "sex" and "Lefty's nana" and I ended-up here and in full view of at least 6 well known (personally to this little black duck anyway) ppruners.... Now how did that happen?:ok:

Taily, I wanted to drop in and say "Hi" when I was there last week but <5K wouldn't stop feeding me and taking me to places to get fed in his machine....:E

It is great to see (however repeditive the explination can get) a robust discussion (intertwined with a little humour) about something that is a very delicate subject. Too often do those involved seem to get carried away to the other party concerned.

Man, talk about thread drift.... I go home now... :oh:

Regards,

OpsN.;)

Wally Mk2
3rd Feb 2009, 21:49
Am stunned that TID has arrived here & left his/her padlock behind, maybe there is a God afterall!.

'LHRT' Forget doing battle with the Mod/s, you simply won't win mate:sad:

Wmk2

tinpis
3rd Feb 2009, 22:21
:ooh:

http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/adminwatch.gifhttp://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/avion.gifhttp://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/angryoldman.gif<----- Wally

the wizard of auz
3rd Feb 2009, 22:26
Hey Wally, that last picture looks like you mate. :D
Thanks Tid and Tails, for the PM's. :ok:

remoak
4th Feb 2009, 03:37
Always amuses me when people ask to have their username removed/account closed etc. As if anyone cares. Just stop posting, nobody will miss you.

Moderation is a "no win" scenario. Some PPRuNe mods are complete prats, but hey, don't annoy them and they won't annoy you.

It's the internet, folks. Deal with it.

Or you could try that "other" forum, whose name must NEVER be spoken, but which has a similar name to this one. A fine Aussie enterprise, quite amusing in places... is that enough to get me banned... :}

jeta108
4th Feb 2009, 04:57
I have come to accept moderation as a necessity to the reasonably fair treatment of individuals with a point of view or opinion on a subject thread. The consequences can be seen on other forums where rampart vexatious attacks go unchecked and public “outings” are common and serve no purpose but to ridicule and stifle opposing debate.

Since this post on a Dick Smith bashing thread on one such other forum on 29 December last year: [quote] Hey yawl. Another pissed off ppruner here. (Hey ya wally, Kappy, Chuckles, ned, Jaba, Doc........Et al)/QUOTE]

There have been 11 posts by 6 individuals, 3 of whom are persona non gratis here. At least 2 others feature on this thread.

What does that tell you?

tail wheel
4th Feb 2009, 04:58
Jeta108. I think it tells you that - mostly - the Mods here act in the best interests of PPRuNe and it's registered users. Well, at least we try but we are not infallible... :}

There is a time and a place for everything. This was your opportunity to reasonably question decisions made by Mods.

Some responses are in this thread, or where appropriate, sent by PM.

Despite the repetitious comments from Wally's World, there never was any intention of locking this thread or banning anyone who participated in reasonable debate.

You can always send a PM or email but understand that due to work and other committments it may take a day or two to reply.

Take care! :ok:

Tail Wheel

triadic
4th Feb 2009, 05:39
I have refrained from comment to this debate (!?) as I am satisfied that the mods do a good job under somewhat difficult circumstances.

Having said that, the only issue that gets me going is what seems to be some lack of standardisation as to what some of the mods think is unsuitable for Reporting Points and move posts to GA/Questions.

There are from time to time quite valid posts made in Reporting Points that seem to be moved if they are not directly related to a major airline/operator etc. Often posts have an "indirect" link which I believe should mean it stays. I am not referring to the obvious posts in the wrong bin.

keep up the good work...

chow

the wizard of auz
4th Feb 2009, 06:29
Well, despite common believe, I think the mods do a pretty good job of it in general. I was only after answers to a couple of irregularities myself, and they were cleared up via PM. I do get a bit peeved at goings on at times, but we all do. just as easy to click the button and move on. I am super surprised the thread lasted this long........ but hey, stranger things have happened.

The Green Goblin
4th Feb 2009, 06:31
Its Pprune airing its dirty laundry!

Wally Mk2
5th Feb 2009, 09:14
gee 'wiz' ya not going all soft on the Mids are ya mate?:}

The reason why this thread has gone on for so long is obvious, the unfair playing field set by the Mod/s has been exposed hence the original thread subject & a fairly rapid gathering of neg comments has evolved.
It will die off like all the others do but perhaps just perhaps this has shown the Mod/s that just because they hold the big stick doesn't mean they rule with acceptance by some:E

Wmk2

Squawk7700
5th Feb 2009, 09:35
It's better than some other forums where it is the moderator that makes the dodgey comments!

The Green Goblin
5th Feb 2009, 09:38
I'm sure the mods have their regular user name on here along with their official one! :E

the wizard of auz
5th Feb 2009, 13:15
Oh, no doubt about that at all. :E

tail wheel
5th Feb 2009, 19:22
The reason why this thread has gone on for so long is obvious, the unfair playing field set by the Mod/s has been exposed hence the original thread subject & a fairly rapid gathering of neg comments has evolved.

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

GGcuQOHjzG8

:} :} :}

No doubt about that at all, Wiz!! :E :E

tail wheel
5th Feb 2009, 19:33
It works!!!!! :ok: :ok:

You saw it first here in PPRuNe Dunnunda!! :}

(New Forum program modification, released a few minutes ago by the head office Geeks!)

Wally Mk2
6th Feb 2009, 06:02
From TID this I would expect, but from you TW?.......well am sad, for the most part of this thread you kept yr head:E

Wmk2:{

sms777
6th Feb 2009, 06:53
Hey Wally!.... I hope you are not loosing your sense of humour are you?
TW is a cool dude, i think he only banned me once :E.
I am just as bad as you are when it comes to expressions of opinions but i am trying very hard to stay within the boundaries of their rules. I do know you had your run- in's a few times but it is not that hard to follow pprune policy.

PS: Do not upset the pommy ones though..... they are weird :E:E

"Go ahead 007, make my day"

Toluene Diisocyanate
6th Feb 2009, 08:53
Maybe the moderaters are getting sick and tired of somebody's incessent whingeing and whining LIKE THE REST OF US ARE!:ugh:
Give us a break!:ugh: We get 'yr' message:yuk::yuk:

See youse!

Wally Mk2
6th Feb 2009, 09:24
'sms' yeah am thinking they are revvin' the Wally up:} But you said it all 'sms'......."THEIR RULES"!

'TD' go read the original thread title & what/whom it's aimed at, then you can leave tnxs!!!:ok:
Now next nasty person plz step up!:ugh:

Wmk2

V2-OMG!
7th Feb 2009, 03:22
There's another light aircraft forum out there where you can be banned forever without even making a post! Seems that if you have the wrong company name in front of the .com.au or whatever you get banned straight away.

Reminds me of the tour at the Boeing wide-body plant in Everett. Right before showtime, the guide asked if any of us worked for Airbus Industries, and if so, to please put up our hand.

I kinda got the feeling than any raised hands would be unceremoniously escorted out of the building.

pol
16th Feb 2009, 09:49
wizz

please god make it stop
bwaahahahaha.... thats gold.

and you wonder why you were banned:{

You only confirm what is well known you’ve got SFB

pol:ok:

j3pipercub
16th Feb 2009, 11:07
Funny pol, I haven't been banned yet, and I was the original poster!!!!! (wait for it, wait for it). Curls into corner and waits for ban:}

I mean this in the nicest possible way (not really) NO-ONE cares that you ran a skdive organisation out of your airfield, it's entertainment value watching you and your mates post under different user names. NO-ONE also cares that the east west strip is also now free of caravans, really NO-ONE except you and your mates.

However to the issue at hand. The Mods, however fair/unfair they seem, are just doing their job, keeping this site open. FURTHERMORE, you could not pay me to be a mod, it's just a legal mine-field and yet these professionals do it for free, hats off. As an ops girl once said to me, there is a HELL of a lot going on behind the scenes that YOU have absolutely NO IDEA ABOUT.

To steal a phrase from another regular ppruner, I dips me lid to them.

j3

the wizard of auz
16th Feb 2009, 11:18
hehehe..... wassa matter Pol (RS480, Etc)? I commented on a comment I thought was funny.
certainly not worth being banned over. I thought it humorous that someone else was saying what everyone else was thinking.
I applaud the efforts of the guys that bought the block to save the airfield, but it certainly doesn't make all the crap you mob dribble any easier to swallow.
Now you have saved your strip, what are you all going to carry on about?
Be a shame to waste all those user names. :ok:
You all have a great day now.
Cheers, Wiz.:ok:

A Comfy Chair
16th Feb 2009, 12:04
I haven't been banned yet... does that mean I'm not trying hard enough? :E :}

The Green Goblin
23rd Feb 2009, 10:59
Don't need a succession of negative and derogatory posts. See you in a few days

Banned from the 'what type are you on' thread for having a little fun with the fokkers and paying out on my own type!

Shakes head in disbelief!

Boring day today mods??

the wizard of auz
23rd Feb 2009, 11:44
The Metro or Braz? heheh, it must be your shout captain. I'll have a bourbon thanks :E

The Green Goblin
23rd Feb 2009, 12:21
You'll only get a woodstock outa me chum :ok:

the wizard of auz
23rd Feb 2009, 12:31
440ml for three bucks.........Ah, that will do. :}