PDA

View Full Version : Skymaster Air info

chickenlegs
2nd Feb 2009, 06:53
Can anyone provide any info on Skymaster Air based at Bankstown such as aircraft types, type of work, etc and if there is any link to Airtex Aviation. The casa website shows they have the same postal address but they have separate AOCs.

Thanks in advance.

bizzybody
2nd Feb 2009, 07:35
you mean Airtex?
Same company owner just as a backup for when the main company get their AOC taken off them.

To be nice though it is the same company director but im not really sure what type of flying that arm of the organisation does.

whoooop1991
6th Feb 2009, 08:32
skymaster do freight and also run wingaway which is the medical transfers. Mojaves and cheiftains are used for medicals, and cheiftains are used for freight purposes. they also own metros but haven't been used for freight recently.

KRviator
6th Feb 2009, 09:21
Anyone have an idea as to their minimum requirements to be considered for employment by Skymaster?

KPK515
7th Feb 2009, 12:47
Skymaster and Airtex are separate companies operating under different AOCs from Bankstown. Skymaster operate Chieftains on general charter and freight runs and Chieftains and Mojave's for patient transport (Wingaway). They also have a few Aerostars though these don't fly too much these days.

All pilots are employed on a casual basis. You would probably want 1000+ hours with PA31 endorsement and some M/E IFR charter experience to get a look in but they have been known to take on pilots with less time in the past.

Skymaster do not operate turbine aircraft as far as I am aware, with all Metro work taking place under the Airtex AOC.

Good luck.

geeup
7th Feb 2009, 22:38
Casual :yuk: in BK with 1000+hrs & multi time... forget them try someone or somewhere else :ok:

JIM1984
8th Feb 2009, 04:53
Mate the sought of flying you would do with this company is second to none it will give you the grounding and confidence to go anywhere within the country. If you get the chance take it you will not regret it I can assure you :ok:

pa60ops
9th Feb 2009, 04:00
Yep Airtex / Skymaster has good flying going on. Although the minimums are kind of high, dont forget that its out of YSBK and not say some settlement 4 hours flying time from anywhere (nothing wrong with that though - I did that too). The mins are kind of flexible too for folks with the right mix of charter prev exp.

I was looked after there pretty well - after leaving, I have only flown turbojet and turboprop types. Not bad after coming off the Mojo with them.

climingflightlevels
9th Feb 2009, 10:14
pa60ops I am interested that you say you were looked after there pretty well. Care to elaborate on the casual pay rate and average hours flown a week? Or more to the point is it a viable job on its own? PM me if you like.. thanks

pa60ops
9th Feb 2009, 19:42
Check your PM`s

hole.digger
21st May 2009, 09:33
pa60ops, why not share your pay and condition experience with all of us. skymaster are advertising again and theres surely a few people a bit interested.
anyone else out there able to shed some current light on the company for us poor souls who arent in the sydney area. website looks a wee bit tacky, but whats the rest like?

el_capitano
22nd May 2009, 06:01
They are a typical run of the mill GA outfit. They need u when they need u and when they don't they don't. The flying is quite varied and casual money....

At the end of the day if you want some descent flying hours and experience then sign up. :ok:

sms777
22nd May 2009, 12:45
You have put it all in a nut shell, well done :D

I am one of their pilots on the "wanted " list and i am proud of it.
:ok: