PDA

View Full Version : Noise Complaints

Busdude
1st Feb 2009, 23:36
Hi All:
Does anyone have any ideas about noise regulations in Scotland? I live in the country and have had a great relationship with our neighbour. He's just started a part time business cutting down trees and does work for the local council when required. The problem seems to be that he brings the fallen trees home and then cuts them into logs to sell for fire wood.
The sound of a chainsaw on a Sunday afternoon is wearing a wee bit thin. I've spoken to him in a polite manner but he seems to think that since we live in the country, agricultural noise is part in parcel. He may well be right, I'd just like to know, cause I'd like to build an airstrip on the property. I wouldn't want to upset the neighbours though.
Cheers

ShyTorque
1st Feb 2009, 23:47
Ask him if he's got permission for change of use for his property; sounds like he's dealing with industrial waste, or at least running a business from his home. ;)

BladePilot
2nd Feb 2009, 00:36
What is agricultural noise then? Would follow ShyTorque's advice you'll probably find you can have the local council approach him purely on grounds of 'noise pollution' and if that fails try a Claymore brought down with some force between the shoulder blades always worked for my anchestors:ok:

sisemen
2nd Feb 2009, 00:41
Any nation that permits loons in skirts to walk up and down Princes Street playing bagpipes surely has no noise laws.

Lon More
2nd Feb 2009, 00:44
siseman

Glass houses, stones??

http://wallscometumblingdown.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/cotswold_morris_dancers.jpg

sisemen
2nd Feb 2009, 01:20
Yer don't see many of them in Oz :}

2nd Feb 2009, 01:23
Lon, in England there is Government legislation that means we have no option but to let this sort of behaviour carry on.

Origins of Care in Community
As a policy it had been around since the early 1950s. Its general aim was a more cost effective way of helping people with mental health problems and physical disabilities