View Full Version : Work in private operation/ SP type rating C525

Cecco
1st Feb 2009, 19:53
Hi to all, if a owner uses his C525 solely for private purposes, hires a low-hour guy (about 500 TT with 150 hours mp experience on this type), let's him do the SP type rating (JAR 1.251 and 1.255, requirements: 70 hours PIC plus 200 TT experience). What would the insurance say? accept/reject that?

Cheers,
Cecco

apruneuk
1st Feb 2009, 20:14
why would anyone spend several million on a jet and then seek out the least experienced pilot they could find to fly it - single pilot!?

Cecco
1st Feb 2009, 20:39
It doesn't matter why anyone would do that but rather whether the insurance would accept that (presumably at higher rates...).

pilotbear
1st Feb 2009, 21:17
Insurance would probably reject it or load it very heavily. Probably want 500 hrs PIC on jets especially if it is single crew.

G-SPOTs Lost
1st Feb 2009, 22:44
You would probably get somebody to issue a certificate gladly, just dont expect them to pay out.

Have heard it said many times "its only a CJ", these things are an incredible handful especially when light and especially when single crew and thats BEFORE stuff starts dropping off them. There is enough experienced guys out there with time on 525's not to risk it. EBJ crwe spring to mind

I would also say that regardless of what the JAA says you probably wouldn't get flightsafety to take the guy on with much less than 1000hrs.

apruneuk
2nd Feb 2009, 08:24
Cecco

I see from your previous posts that this 500 hour pilot is Yourself. I do admire your courage but I am afraid that it may all end in tears if you pursue this plan. You have the rating, have done 200 or so multi-crew hours and are learning the business; don't be tempted to jump the gun. For your information, I used to fly single crew air charter around Europe in piston twins (a common route to business jets) and I wouldn't consider doing it in a jet in today's crowded airspace - fine if all goes well but the wheels can rapidly fall off when things start to go wrong. By the way, our company insisted on a minimum of 700 hours of relevant time to fly a Seneca single pilot.

Vanpilot
2nd Feb 2009, 12:25
Cecco

There are currently a lot of C525 guys with experience that you could put in your aircraft....but from your comments it would seem that price not saftey is your main concern.

There are not many people who can "play" proffesional pilot and do a good job of it.

If you want to be a PILOT then learn, learn, and learn some more, get the experience and you'll be welcomed up at the higher Flight levels by all.

If you need someone to fly for you......hire the most experienced pilot/pilots you can find... its a good market for finding cheap pilots.

Remember the legal minimum is just that...MINIMUM

Our company mins were 1500 TT 1000PIC plus 500 multi for the C525
we would take a co-pilot with 500 tt and some multi time.

:ok: