PDA

View Full Version : Franglais pour Pilotes

cojones
1st Feb 2009, 18:31
Do you remember, many years ago, several entertaining articles in the "Log" entitled 'Franglais Pour Pilotes', written (I think) by Nigel Hamster. Do these still exist in back issues of the Log? Or if Nigel is reading this, would it be possible to reprint them here?

I came across this in the 'Telegraph' recently - shades of the late Miles Kington.

Vive le Sport!
Voilà, c'est fait. Nous avons construit ce sockant grand avion, l'Airbus A380. C'était une bonne idea, que vous Anglais ont buildé la chose la same scale que nous. Nous n'avons pas wanté un coq-up quand nous puttons les bits ensemble. Nous avons worke dans metres et kilos et pas dans inches et pounds. Nous lookerons très bloody stupide if votre bits are 2.5 temps as grand as notres.

Nous haverons des bars, des gyms, des cafeterias, (poulet ou poisson, love?) des bowling alleys, des 18 trou golf courses, du clay pigeon shootant, le go-karting et tous fun choses comme ça. Le weirdo à la barbe, M Branson, aura des double lits dans un sound proof containeur de baggage so that ses passagers peuvent joiner "Le Club de Mile Haute" et causer turbulence. Oh, d'accord, je suppose que c'est now le Club de Sept Miles Haute, or, à nous Le Club de 10660 Mètres Haute. Mais nous, en Air France, serons plus innovative. Dîtes vous n'avez pas got la petite woman avec vous. Vous avez le horn de l'aube et vous êtes dans le mood pour un morceau de rumpy. Guess quoi? C'est votre lucky jour. Nous avons un bordello à bord! Oui, vraiement! Huh? Pourquoi pas? Le weirdo a déjà ses "masseuses" (nudgez, nudgez, winkez, winkez, une jambe over, dîtes no more, savez quoi je mean, Jean?) Toutes ces gorgeous jeunes babes dans leurs uniforms rouge, quelques verres de champagne Chateau Tesco (sure, il dit Krug sur le label, mais qui etes vous kiddant?) et un peu de quoi vous fancy fait vous bon. Quel else à faire during un 14 hour vol? Nous avons eaten notre crap lunch, regardé le crap filme, oglé tous les babes (sur Air France?? Ed.) et les jolis garçons, si c'est votre bag. C'est forbidden à visiter le coqpit, comme tous les pilots sont asleep après leur lunch de first classe, et un carafe de something rouge - Ribena, j'expect. Une demi heure de jogging horizontale avec Marie-Claire et un certificate signé by the capitaine, Commandant Henri Le Coq, et Marie-Claire, pour mettre sur le mantelpiece à home.

Et les autres airlines? Les grimmies sur Airways Britanniques sont post ménopause. Les bébés de Singapour Airlines sont pré-pubescent. Les grands-mères de Nordouest, Uni, Delta et Américain earnent plus de dosh que le captain, et trouve il est impossible à donner it away sur un très pissed layover dans any cas.

Quelle marketing ploy.

(Translations available on request)

Oops, OK as best I can, here's the translation:
Long Live Sport!
That's it, then. We've built this socking great aircraft, the A380.
What a good idea that you Engleesh built the thing to the same scale as we did. We didn't want any cock-ups when we came to put the bits together. All our workings were in metres and kilos and not in inches and pounds. We'd have looked very bloody stupid if your bits had been two and a half times as big as ours.
We will have on board the bars, the gyms, the cafeterias (chicken or fish, love?) bowling alleys, 18 hole golf courses, clay-pigeon shooting, go karting and all fun things like that. The bearded weirdo, Mr Branson, will have his double beds in a sound proof baggage container, so that his passengers can join the Mile High Club and cause turbulence. Oh, OK, I suppose it's now the Seven Mile High Club, or to us, the 10,660 Metres High Club. But we, in Air France, will be more innovative. Say you haven't got the little woman with you, but you've got the Dawn Horn and you fancy a bit of rumpy. Guess what? It's your lucky day. We have an on-board brothel. Yes, really. Huh? Why not? The Weirdo already has his 'Masseuses' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, one leg over, say no more, know what I mean, John?) All these gorgeous young babes in their red uniforms, a few glasses of Champagne Chateau Tesco, (sure, it says Krug on the label, but who are you kidding?) and a little of what you fancy does you good. What else to do on a 14 hour flight? We've eaten our crap lunch, watched the crap film, ogled all the babes, (on Air France?? Ed.) and the pretty boys if that's your bag. It's forbidden to visit the cockpit as all the pilots are asleep after their lunch from First Class, and a carafe of something red - Ribena, I expect. A half hour of horizontal jogging with Marie-Claire and a certificate signed by the Captain Henri LeCoq - and by Marie-Claire to put on the mantelpiece at home.
And the other airlines? The British Airways Grimmies are post menopausal. The Singapore Airlines babies are pre-pubescent. The GrandMas of Northwest, United, Delta and American earn more dosh than the captain anyway, and they find it impossible to even give it away on a very pissed layover in any case.
What a marketing ploy.
Y'all have a nice day now, ya hear.

CR2
1st Feb 2009, 18:45
Norrallowed ter write foreign on here. Yer'll get into trouble with Flappy.

TowerDog
1st Feb 2009, 18:46
(Translations available on request)

Request translation...Frog not spoken...:sad:

ThreadBaron
1st Feb 2009, 18:53
Wot! Yer can't get 'le drift' from 'les Anglais' elements. Yer fou, mon brave. Fou, je dit!

cojones
1st Feb 2009, 20:38
Mon Dieu!
Sacre Bleu!
Any reason why my translation into English (as requested) has been deleted??

tinpis
1st Feb 2009, 20:45
Yer will get Mr Draper goin'......:uhoh:

CR2
1st Feb 2009, 20:51
This is what Babelfish comes up with... :}

Live the Sport! Here are, c' is made. We built this sockant large plane, l' A380 airbus. C' was good a idea, that you English buildé the thing the same scale that us. Us n' did not wanté a cock-up when we puttons the bits together. We have worke in bills of quantities and kilos and not in inches and pounds. We will very lookerons bloody stupid yew your bits are 2.5 times ace large ace ours. We will cut bars, gyms, cafeterias, (chicken or fish, coils?) bowling alleys, of the 18 hole golf races, clay shootant pigeon, go-karting and all fun things like that. The weirdo with the beard, Mr. Branson, will have double beds in a sound proof containor of baggage so that his passengers can joiner " The Club of Haute" Mile; and to cause turbulence. Oh, d' agreement, I suppose that c' is now the Club of Seven Miles High, but, with us the Club of 10660 Meters High. But us, in Air France, will be innovative. Said n' do not have got small the woman with you. You have the horn l' paddle and you are in the mood for a piece of rumpy. Guess what? C' is your lucky day. We have a bordello on board! Yes, vraiement! Huh? Why not? The weirdo has already its " masseuses" (nudgez, nudgez, winkez, winkez, a leg over, said No more, know what I mean, Jean?) All these gorgeous young people babes in their uniforms red, some champagne glasses Tesco Castle (sour, does he say Krug on the label, but which summers kiddant you?) and a little what to you fancy done you good. Which else to make during one 14 hour flight? We have eaten our crap buffet, looked at the crap films, oglé all the babes (on Air France?? ED.) and pretty boys, if c' is your bag. C' is forbidden to visit the coqpit, as all the piles are asleep after their buffet of first class, and a red carafe of something - Ribena, j' expect. A half horizontal hour of jogging with Marie-Claire and a certificate signed by the captain, Commander Henri the Cock, and Marie-Claire, to put on the mantelpiece at home. And others airlines? The grimmies on Airways Britanniques are post menopause. The babies of Singapore Airlines are pre-pubescent. The grandmothers of Nordouest, Uni, Delta and American earnent more dosh that the captain, and finds it is impossible to very give it away on one pissed layover in any case. Which marketing ploy.

Mike Whiskey Romeo
1st Feb 2009, 20:58
Wow, 5 years since I've spoken any work of French and i still managed the majority of it, quelle suprise! Mais c'est tres bien

cojones
1st Feb 2009, 22:14
CR2...Yeah....but....no...but... I did post a proper translation as requested by TowerDog. Was it deleted for any particular reason? The babelfish translation is quite funny in its total failure to translate into understandable English. Any chance of the English translation (mine) being reposted, just so that I can copy and save it for my own use. (Then you can delete it again if you like). I didn't do that earlier. Oops.

cockney steve
1st Feb 2009, 22:51
bloody stroll on! if I can read it, 45 years or -so after learning schoolboy French for 3 years, I'm damned sure some of you whingers could get up to speed if you could be arsed.

NO! reading it in bigger text doesn't work :}

CR2
1st Feb 2009, 22:55
cojones sorry, wasn't me... I'm innocent. Try writing a groveling pm to Flappy :}

I didn't read what you wrote, so have no idea why it was deleted.

tony draper
1st Feb 2009, 22:59
Why bother apparently it's a dying language,fifty years from now it will only be spoken by a few strange beret wearing old people who meet on Saturday afternoon in the back room of the municipal library.
:rolleyes:

Sir George Cayley
2nd Feb 2009, 20:28
Sorry, have I missed something here?

I knew M. Kington could be sometimes be en retard, but late?

How? Where and when? I feel sad for the loss but also having oublie'd the event.

Sir George Cayley

birrddog
2nd Feb 2009, 21:16
Why bother apparently it's a dying language,fifty years from now it will only be spoken by a few strange beret wearing old people who meet on Saturday afternoon in the back room of the municipal library.
:rolleyes:

Mr Draper, are you referring to English, in England? :E

cojones
2nd Feb 2009, 22:06
Sadly, Miles Kington died about a year ago.
He had suffered from pancreatic cancer for some time.
A sad loss to the world of Franglais.

cojones
2nd Feb 2009, 22:26
Cherie..Nymphomane??

Le Kiss, Legover et Tell de Cherie B. Liar.
Dans les memoirs, elle donne nous trop d’information.
Premier Ministre’s Question Temps:
“Will the droîte honorable membre tellez la maison OÙ Leo était conceived?
À Balmoral? ??
Sous le roof de notre reine à Balmoral?
Le droîte honorable membre (sic) a fait le business avec la old boiler sous la Reine’s roof?
Mon Dieu. C’est treasonable. Non, non, pas très reasonable, vous fool”.
Elle nous informe que c’était parcequ’elle avait forgot “ L’equipement contraceptive”. Le mind boggles. Le Dutch Cap, je suppose? Ou le douche vinaigre? Ou le pessary spermicide? Ou le pill du morning après?? Et Tony n’a pas des Lettres Français dans le wallet en case il gets lucky avec Carole during le “massage”, ou avec Tracey après Jean Presqu’ott a fini? J’espere qu’elle (Cherie) n’est pas tres noisy sur les vinegar strokes, et que le 4 posteur bed ne bang pas contre le wall et donne la Reine nightmares. Et aussi, elle (Cherie, pas la Reine) confess à shagger 3 blokes à la même fois… bien, pas EXACTEMENT à la même instant, mais sur le même jour.
Et elle met Tony sur le top deck d’un bus.
“Oy, Tone, grand garçon” dit elle, “je ne suis pas un easy lay, mais fancy vous un peu de muff-plongeant et rumpy back mon place?”
Et la reste, comme ils disent, est histoire...

cojones
8th Feb 2009, 19:01
Les Pissoirs pour Girlies.

Last semaine, j’étais a l’aéroport de Bruxelles avec la girlfriend.
Elle voulait prendre un piss avant le vol, parce qu’elle n’aime pas beaucoup les toilettes sur les avions de B.A. En cas d’emergencie, elle hover comme un helicoptère.
Quelles nouvelles! Quelles egalités de nos confrères (consoeurs) des bureaucrates de Bruxelles.
Oui (ou Oui Oui), les girlies maintenant sont autorisees a joiner le Club Exclusif des Messieurs, et peuvent faire le pipi standant up (Presque………squattant en fact.)
Liberté, Egalité et Fraternité (pardon, Sororité) mais ça c’est taking choses un peu far.
La “Girliepissoir” est, en effet, un receptacle comme un undershot jaw ou deux mains ensemble comme en supplication. Up till maintenant, ils ont les cubicles separate, mais dans quelques mois, qui sait? Peut-être elles doeront quoi les chaps a fait pour ever, c’est à dire, elles pisseront standant up next à une à autre avec seulement un petit mur pour privacy.
Maintenant, comme vous savez, les chaps peuvent parler a leurs pisseurs voisins au sujet du futbol, le weather et la bière. Mais les girlies? Elles discuteront les nécessités d’avoir un Stretch-Humvee pour faire le school run de Kensington a Chelsea? La bière ou le talent dans le bar? Les avantages de panty-lineurs varieux avec les wings pour certains jours dans le mois? Le prix des dames’ fingers a Saufways ou Tesco ou Marques et Spencers? Elles risqueront un petit look over le mur pour voir comme la voisine est equippé? Nature, rasée ou le wax Brazilien, Hollywood, Playboy? Parcequ’, exactement comme les messieurs, après vous avez lu “Shanks, Barrhead” il n’y a pas beacoup de chose a lire. Un peu de graffiti peut etre, mais c’est tout. "Sharon est une slut bisexuelle: pour un bon temps telephone 6555 3442."
Ma girlfriend peut juste about hitter le pan à point blank range. Je ne sais pas quelle sorte de mess elle va faire dans cette contraption. Est ce que c’est seulement pour numeros uns ou pour numeros deux aussi? Et pourquoi girlies vont toujours avec un girlfriend ?
Je suis tout en faveur d’égalité, mais quoi next? Les pissoirs unisex? On pourrait changer la visite au pissoir dans une evente sociale et un joli place a faire des nouvelles amies..

Lon More
8th Feb 2009, 23:54
Est ce que il est shaped comme this?

http://blogs.taz.de/wp-inst/wp-content/blogs.dir/32/files/2006/10/Pissoir.jpg

MagnusP
9th Feb 2009, 09:22
Elle nous informe que c’était parcequ’elle avait forgot “ L’equipement contraceptive”. Le mind boggles. Le Dutch Cap, je suppose?

Sacre Bleu! J'ai pense que Mme Bouche-de-grenoiulle est Catholique, et Tony aussi maintenant!! Quest que c'est la Francais pour "excommunicate"?

cojones
9th Feb 2009, 09:31
Fantastique photo, Lon.
Je ne suis pas assez clever a poster un photo ici.

unstable load
9th Feb 2009, 10:10
Lon,
Je vie suelment un crux rouge dans un bloc blanc! Soccor!:*:ugh:

cojones
13th Feb 2009, 12:14
Saint Valentine's Jour.
Je ne sais pas quoi est si bloody bon about étant un Valentine en tout cas. Il était un martyr, pour God's sake. L'Empereur Claudius puttait un ban sur marriage, 'cos il believait que single hommes made mieux soldats que les married ones. Hmmm, tirez l'autre. Trop de pulling le pudding dans les barracks, je pense. Pas bon pour la fortitude. Je ne sais pas si le ban était sur matelots aussi, mais choses are different pour them. Les soldats avaient toujours les beaux donkeys or les camp followeurs qui give them un main-job pour un cellar de salt. Sur le boat, il était un bit de Do-It-Vous-Même dans le hammock, ou else vous trouvez un joli petit matelot pour un peu de rumpy. Long avant les jours de KY, Vaseligne, Vagisil ou Durex Play, mon brave. Bitez le pillow, vieux garçon, et pensez d'Angleterre, (ou France). Anyvoie, Valentine decided ignorer le ban et marryait sa morceau de fluff. Quand il était taken away être decapitated et chopped into petits pieces, elle, stupide tarte, criait; "Be mon Valentine". Trop tard pour all that, ducky. Je hope il gave vous un jolly bon rogerant last nuit.
Mais je forget le romanticisme de St. Valentine's Jour.
Nowajours, nous avons les fleurs d'Interflora, des chocolates de Godiva ou de Leonides, les parfums de Chanel, Dior, Hermes, Paris Hilton, Kylie. Les negligées et lingerie de David Nieper, La Senza, Agent Provocateur, Debbie Winters, Victoria's Secret. Le caviar, les huîtres, le champagne Krug/ Dom Perignon/Tesco. Les gift vouchers pour les panties sans crotch de Anne Summers, si vous êtes trop d'un coward les acheter vous-même. (Savez-vous quoi les français appellent les panties avec le dental floss entre les bum-cheeks? Les Tranches-Merdes. Ah, quelle langue.)
Je ne sais pas pourquoi ma girlfriend avait une complete sense d'humeur failure avec les gift vouchers pour Le Lapin Rampante, (Modèle DeLuxe À Trois Vitesses), L'Uniforme de French Maid (Complete Avec Feather Duster Erotique) et les Panties. (Speciale Offre de Anne Summers pour Valentine's Jour: £49.99 pour le complete set.)
Qu'est ce que je dois faire to win le heart de ma chérie? (Non, non, pas Madame Bouche-de-Grenouille Blair). Réponses sur une carte postale, s'il vous plaît. Un prize pour le best idée.

larssnowpharter
13th Feb 2009, 14:59
One recalls having to coach a young glider pilot in his French radio calls when we were flying from Sisteron one time.

He could never manage 'Downwind to land'.

Told him to say, 'I want a Harrier'.

The local frogs understood.