PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Garuda Indonesia

wayra
1st Feb 2009, 14:10
Hello,

Anybody has experience flying for Garuda Indonesia?... Or know anybody how does?

Cheers

Wayra

arba
2nd Feb 2009, 15:39
Are you applying there or just curious ?

it was nice experience for me .. :ok:

jetjockey696
25th Feb 2009, 03:11
Hi guys

I am interested in working indonesia.. How does one apply for Garuda airlines..

Thanks

JJ696

Left Wing
25th Feb 2009, 04:26
no expats pilots allowed to work in Indonesia...only permitted to fly on project basis as TRI / TRE...

hellboy
26th Feb 2009, 10:56
It was the best time of my life, I would go back there if only they can accept me on the left seat but I think that would be too much too ask :rolleyes::rolleyes:

sayap-patah
1st Mar 2009, 11:58
ha..ha..ha..hi hellboy get bored in japan??? or jut feedup...:ugh:
if you never try or ask..you will never know...:confused:

AvEnthusiast
7th Mar 2009, 13:27
LW,
Are you sure? because I heard that people who have Philippines license they even don't need to convert their license and they can work their directly with their filipino license. which actually doesn't make sense, but told by several chaps.

Silver Spur
8th Mar 2009, 15:52
Hi There,

I've got an Indonesian friend who is a capt. in Garuda, according to him, expats that get hired by the airline works on their license with "Validation" from Indonesian Aviation Authority, not only the Filipino license, but any foreign license. Having said that, they do not need to do license conversion.

Hope it Helps.

jetjockey696
9th Mar 2009, 09:27
After reading about expats working in Garuda..

Who Do I write too for pilot recruitment?

thanks

Gold Rivet
10th Mar 2009, 00:39
Guys, is it true that Garuda are buying 4 B737's off Ryanair?

Silver Spur
10th Mar 2009, 16:59
If you wish to work for garuda, best thing is to come in person to the HQ in Jakarta- believe me!

Dunno yet if the Indonesian Govt. has approved Garuda's application to employ up to 100 foreign pilots. Any indonesian nationals in this forum that may know the answers??

peternowell
18th Oct 2009, 11:53
I would like to work at Garuda Indonesia as well. I sent a email to HR asking which department I can email a resume to. We'll see. I read that they need 250 pilots!

Peter :)

peternowell
18th Oct 2009, 11:56
Silver Spur,

Wow, that's a LONG WAY to go to "pop-in" in person and submit a resume. Must you really?

Thanks for the info!

Peter

Bla Bla Bla
18th Oct 2009, 12:00
Have never flown for them but I know there maintenance is or was about three years ago absolutely dreadful, so bad that I would not fly as pax with them, some of the things I saw were so bad it was not funny.

peternowell
18th Oct 2009, 12:00
jetjockey696:

I found this person's name and email at the training center. Might help get a response. Let me know what happens please. I'll do the same. :)

Mr. Dudung Arrahman
Manager Resource Utilities
[email protected]

Sincerely,
Peter

peternowell
18th Oct 2009, 12:04
Anyone have any intel on Metro Batavia? I read they are recruiting and will be at a career fair in Miami on the Oct 24th! :uhoh:

Peter

PK-KAR
19th Oct 2009, 17:09
As an Indo national... here's the answer... No one knows for sure on the status of foreign pilots in Indonesia for mainline carriers flying for not-new types for the airline... There are some who made it, there are some who just get told "no we don't want foreign pilot... One reason why this (how to get foreign pilots flying here) is kept quiet because of various interests surrounding the issue...
1. Airline A wants to keep it's foreign pilot intake deal with the govt a secret... So that Airline B won't know and can suffer from the shortage.
2. Local pilots have fought hard to raise their own salaries here... some for good reason and don't mind the foreign pilots coming in, some just too greedy and sees foreign pilots as a threat to their salary increases...

As a matter of fact, 1 airline (Let's call it airline A) has such a "chronic shortage" at one stage, they were offering 75k USD for rated pilots in airline B to jump carriers... (mind U, the <5k take home pay didn't help because if you leave before the contract ends, U'd have to pay 150k USD)...
At that stage, it would be cheaper for me to hire foreign captains and run a cadetship for 3 years and let the current F/Os become captains within those years and by then the cadets would be line flying...

(that airline A is now having to deal with airline B now offering 50k to jump carriers, and >6k USD, on a 3 year contract prior to becoming permanent... such is the game here! :rolleyes:)

arba
20th Oct 2009, 06:24
hellboy : It was the best time of my life, I would go back there if only they can accept me on the left seat but I think that would be too much too ask

they do now .. still interested?

ngga lah yaoow!

momo155cm
18th Nov 2009, 01:48
Hello all, Slamat siang,

I am applying for GA at cabin crew position this time. I'm glad to read some threads here.

I have flew to Australia with GA and the crew were very friendly. It would be a great opportunity to work with them if I could get in.

Does anyone know how tall they should be?
Thank you in advance.