PDA

View Full Version : In the midst of terror also lives a day of injustice!!!

PPRuNe Pop
17th Sep 2001, 02:01
This is a site which has been created to defend two honourable RAF pilots who have been unjustly blamed for the crash of their Chinook on the Mull of Kintyre.

A petition has been prepared so that you, if you wish your voice to be heard, can add your name to it. Your 'vote' is important.

That can be be done here: CLICK HERE (http://www.chinook-justice.org/)

Further details are on the Chinook thread in the Military Forum.

[ 16 September 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Pop ]

fobotcso
23rd Sep 2001, 23:37
Up

PPRuNe Pop
25th Sep 2001, 00:35
A good few more names are needed to reach a level of 300 so that Brian Dixon can make Downing Street aware of this travesty of justice.

Please read the details and ask yourself why you shouldn't put your name to the petition for justice.

This coming Thursday (27th) is the first day of a new enquiry. On Friday two senior RAF Officers have to justify why they found the pilots of the Chinook guilty of "gross negligence", a matter a great importance, with unswerving resolve to prove them completely and uttlerly wrong. Those two officers have a great deal to answer for and must not be allowed to keep safe their outrageous and unfounded views.

Just spare a few minutes aquainting yourselves with the details. If then you are happy to 'sign' the petition please click on the site.

Justice must be done for these wrongly maligned RAF pilots.

Thanks

PPRuNe Pop
Administrator
[email protected]

fobotcso
28th Sep 2001, 13:51
Still more signatures are needed, please.

SilentHandover
28th Sep 2001, 17:39
For those of you who do not know, the Board of enquiry can be watched live on BBC Parliament Channel available through digital television.

Skybiter
28th Sep 2001, 18:12
Sorry to hijack this thread, folks.

Guv, please tell me it wasn't you who signed the petition as an ex major in the SADF. We need credibility here.....

exeng
29th Sep 2001, 04:27
I've sent an e-mail in the hope that it will help. I have looked at the evidence over the years and it would seem to me that a charge of 'gross negligence' is totally out of order.

By the way I believe Flt. Lft. Rick Cook may be the son of a Capt. Cook who flew for B.A. on Classics.

If that is the case then my condolances to you Sir. I think you were the Capt. on one of my first 'look see' trips as a Cadet E/O. (LHR-ANC-TYO-ANC-LHR 1977)

Regards
Exeng

StressFree
29th Sep 2001, 21:05
Me too,
I've sent a mail in support, this sort of thing should'nt be allowed to go on.

fobotcso
4th Oct 2001, 23:19
There is still room for a few more (120 actually) signatures. Please join in. Apparently, if 300 names are on the petition, it can be presented to the PM. Now might be a good time when Military Aircrew are likely to be going to war in very testing operational conditions.

Brian Dixon
6th Oct 2001, 22:51
Hello everyone,
thank you all very much for your support in this injustice. All names on the petition are important. Once I have 300+ I can link it to the e-petition site on the official Downing Street web site. I quite like the thought of the campaign being in the MP's face. So far we have 198 names, so I don't think it will be too long now.

exeng - Rick is the son of Capt John Cook. Quite an amazing man.

For your information, the next two public days at the House of Lords are 15 & 16 October, 4.30-7.00pm in Committee Room 3.

Regards all
Brian
Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook