PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blast 6 Nations Fantasy League

Whirlygig
31st Jan 2009, 22:38
It's that time of year again and the 6 Nations Rugby Union starts on Saturday 7th February :ok:

Anyone interested in joining a Fantasy Rugby Private League can register here (http://scrum.fantasyleague.com/Index.aspx). You need to set up your team first, then go to My Team, Enter New League.

The league's name is Jet Blast and the PIN is 3626.

I'm thw Whirling Dervishes - so go boys. go :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
31st Jan 2009, 22:52
What happened to the Guiness fantasy league that we normally play in?

22 Degree Halo
31st Jan 2009, 22:56
6 Nations

Should really be 5 Nations [how it was orginally] ..get rid of England and the tournament is restored [with Italy]

:ok:

Whirlygig
31st Jan 2009, 23:04
HH, the Guinness one doesn't appear to be available for anyone outside Ireland :oh:

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
31st Jan 2009, 23:26
Just did a search and got the same result Whirls, this one looks better anyway, doesn't appear to be any limit on the players you select!:ok:

Foss
31st Jan 2009, 23:39
Dear God, haven't even finished the flipping yacht horror yet.

Howard Hughes
31st Jan 2009, 23:48
I'm in, 'Bulli Express XV', 13 better than that yacht of mine, so look out!;)

PS: For those of us outside Euroland we will need someone to post the teams prior to each round, or at least a link to find the teams...:ok:

flowman
1st Feb 2009, 03:31
I remember we entered one sponsored by Well's Bombadier Bitter a couple of years ago. Nice beer by the way. What happened to them? I don't think they did it again.

Whirlygig
1st Feb 2009, 11:37
Charles Wells still brews Bombadier (although they stopped production of their wonderful Golden Lemonade many years ago) but isn't running a Fantasy League for Rugby. This was the only one could find; it's easier to pick a team as there is no financial restriction but you can't have any more than 4 players from each country.

Cheers

Whirls

flowman
1st Feb 2009, 18:39
I'm in. The Credit Crunchers are assembled and raring to go:ok:
(Oh, and my Wells Bombadier bitter is in the fridge).

Whirlygig
1st Feb 2009, 19:11
Credit Crunchers now activated ;)

Oh, and my Wells Bombadier bitter is in the fridgeIt's not staying there until Saturday is it??? Unless you mean you have a fridge full :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Mike Whiskey Romeo
1st Feb 2009, 21:16
I'm in, the totally original rucking useless. I intend on living up to my name. Best of luck all.
Come on Ireland

Foss
1st Feb 2009, 22:33
I'm in as the Redsocks. Chabal, I couldn't remember that guys name to save my life. That'll be the first change.

Standard Noise
2nd Feb 2009, 00:27
I'm on the firm Whirls, if you'd like to host my Hairy Crabs I'd be most grateful.:}

Whirlygig
2nd Feb 2009, 00:45
Your Hairy Crabs are under Foss's Redsocks :} but how much longer will they stay there?

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
2nd Feb 2009, 01:16
I'm glad I got in early, I wouldn't want to be under Foss's Redsocks...;)

Foss
2nd Feb 2009, 10:12
That's right, start as you mean to go on, SixNations renamed Pick-On-Fos.

This might work out better than sailing, you don't have to actually do too much, and you get to blame people a lot better than you for letting the team down. :E

Redsocks was the second choice for names, it was almost 'F*ck The Small Pig', a super secret line out code. None of the words have the same letters in them, it would be prearranged that the call out would be say, middle letter. So after walking quickly up to a line out at the throw in you'd shout 'D A P... D A P'.

So it's 'A' and 'A' is in 'Small' the third word meaning, 'I shall be attempting to throw this as a 3 ball, maybe.'
Shout DAP then wait and watch your team mates gaze into the middle distance, count on their fingers trying to workout what word has an 'A' in it.
Top level stuff. :ugh:

Standard Noise
2nd Feb 2009, 23:47
Far too long winded that is, I'll stick with me crabs. As long as you don't mind them hiding under your socks.

Gordon17
5th Feb 2009, 15:28
I've applied with my team being the BadLosers, but I made a bit of a mistake setting up the team so the manager is Bad Losers as well.

Foss
5th Feb 2009, 15:38
You can change that Gordy, I changed mine. Can't remember how I did it though. It was just a simple edit, stroke over retype.

ComJam
5th Feb 2009, 16:29
The Stupid Ruckers have joined.....let's hope I do better than Scotland did last year!

Whirlygig
6th Feb 2009, 19:45
Here's the teams for this weekend; good luck chaps :ok:

England:
15 Delon Armitage,
14 Paul Sackey,
13 Mike Tindall,
12 Riki Flutey,
11 Mark Cueto,
10 Andy Goode,
9 Harry Ellis,
8 Nick Easter,
7 Steffon Armitage,
6 James Haskell,
5 Nick Kennedy,
4 Steve Borthwick (captain),
3 Phil Vickery,
2 Lee Mears,
1 Andrew Sheridan.

Replacements:
16 Dylan Hartley,
17 Julian White,
18 Tom Croft,
19 Joe Worsley,
20 Ben Foden,
21 Shane Geraghty,
22 Mathew Tait

Italy:
15 Andrea Masi,
14 Kane Robertson,
13 Gonzalo Canale,
12 Gonzalo Garcia,
11 Mirco Bergamasco,
10 Andrea Marcato,
9 Mauro Beragamasco,
8 Sergio Parisse (captain),
7 Alessandro Zanni,
6 Josh Sole,
5 Marco Bortolami,
4 Santiago Dellapé,
3 Martin Castrogiovani,
2 Fabio Ongaro,
1 Salvatore Perugini.

Replacements:
16 Carlo Festuccia,
17 Carlos Nieto,
18 Tommaso Reato,
19 Jean-Francois Montauriol,
20 Giulio Toniolatti,
21 Luke McLean,
22 Matteo Pratichetti.

Ireland:
15 Rob Kearney,
14 Tommy Bowe,
13 Brian O'Driscoll (c),
12 Paddy Wallace,
11 Luke Fitzgerald,
10 Ronan O'Gara,
9 Tomas O'Leary ,
8 Jamie Heaslip,
7 David Wallace,
6 Stephen Ferris,
5 Paul O'Connell,
4 Donncha O'Callaghan,
3 John Hayes,
2 Jerry Flannery,
1 Marcus Horan.

Replacements:
16 Rory Best,
17 Tom Court,
18 Mal O'Kelly,
19 Denis Leamy,
20 Peter Stringer,
21 Gordon D'Arcy,
22 Geordan Murphy.

France:
15 Clement Poitrenaud,
14 Julien Malzieu,
13 Florian Fritz,
12 Yannick Jauzion,
11 Maxime Medard,
10 Lionel Beauxis,
9 Sebastien Tillous-Borde,
8 Imanol Harinordoquy,
7 Fulgence Ouedraogo,
6 Thierry Dusautoir,
5 Lionel Nallet (c),
4 Sebastien Chabal,
3 Benoit Lecouls,
2 Dimitri Szarzewski,
1 Lionel Faure.

Replacements:
16 Benjamin Kayser,
17 Nicolas Mas,
18 Romain Millo-Chluski,
19 Louis Picamoles,
20 Morgan Parra,
21 Benoit Baby ,
22 Cedric Heymans.

Scotland:
15 Hugo Southwell,
14 Simon Webster,
13 Ben Cairns,
12 Graeme Morrison,
11 Sean Lamont,
10 Phil Godman,
9 Mike Blair (c),
8 Simon Taylor,
7 John Barclay,
6 Ally Hogg,
5 Jim Hamilton,
4 Jason White,
3 Geoff Cross,
2 Ross Ford,
1 Allan Jacobsen.

Replacements:
16 Dougie Hall,
17 Alastair Dickinson,
18 Kelly Brown,
19 Scott Gray,
20 Chris Cusiter,
21 Chris Paterson,
22 Max Evans.

Wales:
15 Lee Byrne,
14 Leigh Halfpenny,
13 Jamie Roberts,
12 Gavin Henson,
11 Shane Williams,
10 Stephen Jones,
9 Michael Phillips,
8 Andy Powell,
7 Martyn Williams,
6 Ryan Jones (c),
5 Alun-Wyn Jones,
4 Ian Gough,
3 Adam Jones,
2 Matthew Rees,
1 Gethin Jenkins.

Replacements:
16 Huw Bennett,
17 John Yapp,
18 Luke Charteris,
19 Dafydd Jones,
20 Dwayne Peel,
21 James Hook,
22 Tom Shanklin.

Cheers

Whirls

Howard Hughes
6th Feb 2009, 21:09
Can anyone tell me if Gavin Henson is likely to takethe field for Wales? Would really like to have him in my team, but not if he's not going to play!:ok:

Mike Whiskey Romeo
6th Feb 2009, 21:19
BBC SPORT | Rugby Union | Welsh | Henson ruled out of Wales opener (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/7831652.stm)

He won't play

Howard Hughes
6th Feb 2009, 21:21
Thanks MWR, not always easy to get info down under!:ok:

Had him in my team, but switched him out yeterday when I heard there was some doubt, thanks again.;)

Mike Whiskey Romeo
6th Feb 2009, 21:22
Rucking useless are in. im not expecting much;-)

Howard Hughes
6th Feb 2009, 21:25
There seems to be a lot of 'Ruckers' in the comp...;)

PS: Thanks for the teams Whirls!:ok:

Whirlygig
6th Feb 2009, 22:06
Gavin Henson out? That's the last time I'm trusting Ruckin' Sky Sports News for the team listing. :rolleyes: Another team change for the Whirling Dervishes

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
7th Feb 2009, 18:51
England knock up a predictable win against Italy, but then..........

along come the Lads who tear this Championship wide open!!!

Ireland! Ireland!

Foss
7th Feb 2009, 21:46
Nothing like nailing your colours to the mast Standard.
Walked, yes walked up Dee, well Grace Neills, after the game and it was full of big blokes wearing about 14 layers each shouting 'Oh, O'Gara is past his sell by date, I would have run it.'
Yeah, twenty years ago fat boy.

A chorus of wives/girlfriends 'Is it over? Can we go home now.'

Standard Noise
7th Feb 2009, 23:24
You want to be in my shoes. Swmmeb was flicking through the TV guide this morning and says 'Rugby!? There's flipping rugby on all afternoon. What is it this time?'
'Six nations, starts today' says I.
'Six nations? What again? I thought they played that not long ago!'
'Oh FFS!' :ugh::ugh::ugh:

As fer nailing me colours to the mast, I can't, she won't let me. Says she'll move out if I so much as attach a flegpole to the front of Noisy Towers.

Although that scenario has an upside.:E

matt_hooks
8th Feb 2009, 15:06
And I can't get in to the site now. Not too much of a problem cos I can't make any changes, but I can't remember who's on my team to tot my points up! :O

I do know I picked Goode, and used him as my kicker. And I also had Mr Ellis, so reckon I did ok from the England match! :D

Whirlygig
8th Feb 2009, 15:23
I can't get onto the site either and I have some members to activate :}

Please bear with me.

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
8th Feb 2009, 17:14
As I remember in previous years, the site was locked until a few hours after the third game whereupon the scores were calculated and the site magically became live again.

flowman
9th Feb 2009, 14:14
The website was down for a while but its working okay now.
Jet Blast league is here:
Scrum Fantasy Rugby, in partnership with Land Rover (http://scrum.fantasyleague.com/FriendsLeague.aspx?p=3626)

Not one of us in the top 200!
I'm 7513th with 75 points. Crikey! I thought I'd done alright.
Beamish boy, you're heading our league with 83 points:ok:

Now, I'm off to sack some English players and to invest heavily in Welsh & Irish.:}

Whirlygig
9th Feb 2009, 14:21
Beamish boy, you're heading our league with 83 points
Congrats BB; so the hours spent in the pub with the old crowd mulling over your team selection were not in vain! :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Whirlygig
13th Feb 2009, 20:35
Just in case some of you haven't received this email, these are the team changes for this weekend. You have up until 1500 GMT to make any changes; hope this isn't too late for our chaps down under :}

The weekend's action gets underway with France against Scotland from the Stade de France in Paris.

France will be without Florian Fritz for the next three weeks after he was cited and suspended for punching an opponent in the defeat to Ireland. Benoit Baby comes into the line-up as one of four changes to the French side. Iconic lock Sebastian Chabal has been dropped while Cedric Heymans comes in on the wing.

Scotland have picked brothers Tohm and Max Evans to face France, but record points scorer Chris Paterson remains on the bench. Tohm comes in on the wing with Max taking over from Ben Cairns at centre. There are two changes in the pack where Alasdair Strokosch and Alasdair Dickinson are selected, while wing Simon Danielli replaces Sean Lamont.

France: Poitrenaud, Medard, Baby, Jauzion, Heymans, Beauxis, Tillous-Borde, Barcella, Szarzewski, Mas, Nallet, Millo-Chluski, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Harinordoquy.
Replacements: Boyoud, Kayser, Chabal, Picamoles, Parra, Mermoz, Malzieu.

Scotland: Southwell, Danielli, M Evans, Morrison, T Evans, Godman, Blair, Jacobsen, Ford, Dickinson, White, Hamilton, Strokosch, Taylor, Barclay.
Replacements: Hall, Low, Brown, Gray, Cusiter, Paterson, De Luca.

Kicking off at 17:30 GMT on the same day is Wales versus England from the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Shane Williams and Andy Powell have been named in the Wales team to face England, but must pass fitness tests if they are going to start. Captain Ryan Jones is in the team after missing the opener against Scotland while Gavin Henson has not recovered from his calf injury.

England have made only two changes to the side that struggled to impose themselves against Italy last weekend with Joe Worsley and Mike Tindall coming into the side. Jamie Noon and Steffon Armitage have been dropped from the squad completely, while Toby Flood returns and is fit enough for a place on the bench.

Wales: Byrne, Halfpenny, Shanklin, Roberts, Williams, S Jones, Phillips, Jenkins, Rees, A Jones, Gough, AW Jones, R Jones, Williams, Powell.
Replacements: Bennett, Yapp, Charteris, D Jones, Peel, Hook, Bishop.

England: D Armitage, Sackey, Tindall, Flutey, Cueto, Goode, Ellis, Sheridan, Mears, Vickery, Borthwick, Kennedy, Haskell, Worsley, Easter.
Replacements: Hartley, White, Croft, Narraway, Hodgson, Flood, Tait.

On Sunday, Ireland travel to the Stadio Flaminio in Rome to take on Italy.
Mauro Bergamasco returns to flanker for Italy this weekend following his disastrous showing at scrum-half against England. After experimenting with Bergamasco at nine last week Italy coach Nick Mallet has selected Paul Griffen as part of an overhaul in the half-back positions alongside Luke McLean.

Ireland have named an unchanged team for their clash with Italy following their impressive win over France. Paddy Wallace continues at centre despite Gordon D'Arcy coming off the bench to score a try last week. Ronan O'Gara, Marcus Horan and Jamie Heaslip missed training on Wednesday but will be fit to start.

Italy: Masi, Robertson, Canale, Mi Bergamasco, Pratichetti, McLean, Griffen, Castrogiovanni, Ongaro, Perugini, Dellape, Reato, Zanni, Ma Bergamasco, Perisse.
Replacements: Festuccia, Nieto, del Fava, Sole, Toniolatti, Garcia, Bacchetti.

Ireland: Kearney, Bowe, B O'Driscoll, P Wallace, Fitzgerald, O'Gara, O'Leary, Horan, Flannery, Hayes, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, Ferris, D Wallace, Heaslip.
Replacements: Best, Court, O'Kelly, Leamy, Stringer, D'Arcy, Murphy.

Cheers

Whirls

Beamish Boy
13th Feb 2009, 21:49
Shane Williams failed a fitness test on his damaged ankle on Friday and is replaced in the Welsh side by Mark Jones. As a result there is only one change to 'Adnams Best'.:ok:

mini
14th Feb 2009, 00:26
Green for the six nations IMHO, plenty of talent + Declan Kidney... coach par excellence to bring out the best in them.

Empowerment... the route to success. :ok:

Union types take note....

bar fly
14th Feb 2009, 13:45
Thanks for this chaps. As a side question, can anyone help me with streaming these games on the internet? I am in Mexico and have zero chance of them being televised.

Any help appreciated as i have had a look and drawna blank.

Cheers, bar fly

Whirlygig
26th Feb 2009, 21:45
The next round starts Friday night and any team changes can be made up to the time the match kicks off.

Team changes are as follows:

The weekend's action gets underway with France against Wales from the Stade de France in Paris, on Friday night.

France have picked centre Benoit Baby at fly-half in place on the injured Lionel Beauxis, and will hand the kicking duties to incoming scrum-half Morgan Parra. 20-year-old Mathieu Bastareaud takes over from Baby at centre with Julien Malzieu returning to the side in place of Clement Poitrenaud, and fans' favourite Sebastien Chabal picked to play in the second row.

Shane Williams returns to the Welsh line-up for the eagerly anticipated game against France despite not yet running at full pace on the ankle injury that kept him out of the England win. With Williams coming back into the fold Mark Jones drops out of the 22 completely, but Gavin Henson is fit enough for a place on the bench.

France: Medard, Malzieu, Bastareaud, Jauzion, Heymans, Baby, Parra, Barcella, Szarzewski, Marconnet, Nallet, Chabal, Dusautoir, Ouedraogo, Harinordoquy.
Replacements: Kayser, Domingo, Millo-Chluski, Picamoles, Tillous-Borde, Trinh-Duc, Poitrenaud.

Wales: Byrne, Halfpenny, Shanklin, Roberts, S Williams, S Jones, Phillips, Jenkins, Rees, A Jones, Gough, AW Jones, R Jones, M Williams, Powell.
Replacements: Bennett, Yapp, Charteris, Da Jones, Peel, Hook, Henson.

On Saturday, Italy travel to Murrayfield in Glasgow to take on Scotland.

Scotland have made two changes to their starting XV to face Italy. Euan Murray returns at tight-head prop after recovering from a rib injury, replacing Alasdair Dickinson who drops to the bench. The other change sees lock Alastair Kellock make his first start for two years, replacing the injured Jim Hamilton.

Italy have made four changes to their team for Saturday's match at Murrayfield. Andrea Marcato and Marco Bortolami return after missing the Ireland game through injury, and come in for Andrea Masi and Tommaso Reato respectively. Kaine Robertson is dropped from the squad completely in favour of Gonzalo Garcia, with Leonardo Ghiraldini returning as hooker.

Scotland: Southwell, Danielli, M Evans, Morrison, T Evans, Godman, Blair, Jacobsen, Ford, Murray, White, Kellock, Strokosch, Taylor, Barclay.
Replacements: Hall, Dickinson, Brown, Gray, Cusiter, Paterson, De Luca.

Italy: Marcato, Mi Bergamasco, Canale, Garcia, Pratichetti, McLean, Griffen, Perugini, Ghiraldini, Castrogiovanni, Dellape, Bortolami, Zanni, Ma Bergamasco, Parisse.
Replacements: Ongaro, Nieto, Del Fava, Canavosio, Sole, Bacchetti, Rubini.

Kicking off at 17:30 GMT on the same day is Ireland versus England from Croke Park in Dublin.

Ireland have named an unchanged team for the clash with England on Saturday. Paddy Wallace is fit enough to retain his place at centre alongside Brian O'Driscoll, despite having stiches above his left eye following a clash of heads against France. There is one change on the subs bench where Mick O'Driscoll replaces Malcolm O'Kelly.

England have made one change to the side that lost to Wales at the Millennium, stadium picking Toby Flood in place of Andy Goode. The Leicester fly-half came off the bench against the Welsh and did enough to warrant a start against Ireland. Scrum-half Danny Care is fit enough for a place on the bench.

Ireland: Kearney, Bowe, B O'Driscoll, P Wallace, Fitzgerald, O'Gara, O'Leary, Horan, Flannery, Hayes, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, Ferris, D Wallace, Heaslip.
Replacements: R Best, Court, M O'Driscoll, Leamy, Stringer, D'Arcy, Murphy.

England: D Armitage, Sackey, Tindall, Flutey, Cueto, Flood, Ellis, Sheridan, Mears, Vickery, Borthwick, Kennedy, Haskell, Worsley, Easter.
Replacements: Hartley, White, Croft, Narraway, Care, Goode, Tait.

Cheers

Whirls

ShyTorque
26th Feb 2009, 22:21
I can't get onto the site either and I have some members to activate

Whirls, it's been some time now - did you manage to activate any of those lucky members?

Oo-er missus. :E

Whirlygig
26th Feb 2009, 22:33
At last ..... it took some time but I knew I could rely on you ShyT to pick up on my deliberate bait :}

I have now activated all members. :ok:

Cheers

Whirls

Whirlygig
12th Mar 2009, 21:12
The next round starts this weekend (yippee :D) and here's the line up:-

The weekend's action gets underway with Italy against Wales at the Stadio Flaminio.
Italy have dropped Martin Castrogiavanni to the bench as one of two changes to the starting 15 that will take on Wales. Carlos Nieto comes in to replace the Leicester man at tight-head prop, while Giulio Rubini starts on the wing and Mirco Bergamasco moves to centre, with Andrea Masi out through injury.
Mike Phillips will continue at scrum-half for Wales after Dwayne Peel was ruled out for the rest of the Six Nations with a hamstring injury. Wales have made nine changes for the trip to Italy including captain Ryan Jones dropping to the bench, Gavin Henson coming in at centre and James Hook playing at fly-half.

Italy: Marcato, Rubini, Canale, Mi Bergamasco, Pratichetti, McLean, Griffen, Perugini, Ghiraldini, Nieto, Dellape, Bortolami, Zanni, Ma Bergamasco, Parisse.
Replacements: Sbaraglini, Castrogiovanni, Del Fava, Sole, Canavosio, Orquera, Quartaroli.

Wales: Byrne, M Jones, Roberts, Henson, S Williams, Hook, Phillips, Yapp, Bennett, R Thomas, Charteris, AW Jones, J Thomas, D Jones, Powell.
Replacements: Rees, Jenkins, Davies, R Jones, Fury, S Jones, Shanklin.

Next up, Ireland continue their Grand Slam quest at Murrayfield against Scotland.
Scotland's record points scorer Chris Paterson comes into the starting line-up for the first time in this year's Six Nations, replacing Hugo Southwell at full-back. Second row Jim Hamilton returns to the side - after recovering from the shoulder injury he sustained in the defeat to France last month - in place of Ally Kellock.
Ireland have made four changes to their team after scraping past England last time out. Number eight Jamie Heaslip loses out to Denis Leamy, Peter Stringer comes in at scrum-half for Tomas O'Leary, Rory Best replaces Jerry Flannery at hooker and Gordon D'Arcy takes over from Paddy Wallace at inside centre.

Scotland: Paterson, Danielli, M Evans, Morrison, T Evans, Godman, Blair, Dickinson, Ford, Murray, Hamilton, White, Strokosch, Barclay, Taylor.
Replacements: Hall, Low, Hines, Gray, Cusiter, De Luca, Southwell.

Ireland: Kearney, Bowe, B O'Driscoll, D'Arcy, Fitzgerald, O'Gara, Stringer, Horan, Best, Hayes, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, Ferris, D Wallace, Leamy.
Replacements: Flannery, Court, M O'Driscoll, Heaslip, O'Leary, P Wallace, Murphy.

Finally, England host rivals France at Twickenham on Sunday afternoon.
England have made three changes to the starting XV that lost by just one point to Ireland two weeks ago. Ugo Monye starts on the wing in place of the injured Paul Sackey, the experienced Simon Shaw replaces Nick Kennedy in the second row and Tom Croft takes over from penalty prone James Haskell at blind-side flanker.
Sebastien Chabal has been picked to play at flanker to face England after starting the games against Ireland and Wales in the second row. Lionel Faure and Jerome Thion come into the pack, with Francois Trinh-Duc getting the nod at fly-half. The giant Mathieu Bastareaud keeps his place at centre while Damien Traille returns to the bench.

England: D Armitage, Cueto, Tindall, Flutey, Monye, Flood, Ellis, Sheridan, Mears, Vickery, Shaw, Borthwick, Croft, Worsley, Easter.
Replacements: Hartley, White, Kennedy, Haskell, Care, Goode, Tait.

France: Medard, Malzieu, Bastareaud, Jauzion, Heymans, Trinh-Duc, Parra, Faure, Szarzewski, Marconnet, Nallet, Thion, Dusautoir, Chabal, Harinordoquy.
Replacements: Kayser, Domingo, Picamoles, Bonnaire, Tillous-Borde, Fritz, Traille.

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
14th Mar 2009, 20:31
Tell you what, sod the fantasy league, all eyes on next weeks match.

WOO HOO(as the idiot would say) Come on Ireland!

Whirlygig
20th Mar 2009, 20:32
The final matches this weekend with the possibility of Ireland winning the Grand Slam. :ok:

The first match is Italy against Frace at the Stadio Flaminio.

Italy have named an unchanged side for the visit of France, sticking with the team that almost pulled off a shock win against Wales. Scrum half Paul Griffen retains his place after shaking off a rib injury and Martin Castrogiovanni remains on the bench.

France have made four changes to their starting XV following last week's sluggish display against England. Damien Traille returns at full-back, Florian Fritz comes in for Mathieu Bastareaud at centre, with Julien Bonnaire and Fabien Barcella recalled to the pack.

Italy: Marcato, Rubini, Canale, Mi Bergamasco, Pratichetti, McLean, Griffen, Perugini, Ghiraldini, Nieto, Dellape, Bortolami, Zanni, Ma Bergamasco, Parisse.

Replacements: Sbaraglini, Castrogiovanni, Del Fava, Sole, Canavosio, Orquera, Quartaroli.

France: Traille, Medard, Fritz, Jauzion, Heymans, Trinh-Duc, Parra, Barcella, Szarzewski, Marconnet, Nallet, Chabal, Dusautoir, Bonnaire, Harinordoquy.

Replacements: Servat, Domingo, Thion, Picamoles, Michalak, Bastareaud, Malzieu.

Next up, England and Scotland meet in the Calcutta Cup at Twickenham.

Despite concerns over the fitness of Toby Flood and Joe Worsley England have stayed faithful to the side that impressed in the win over France, by naming an unchanged team for the Calcutta Cup clash with Scotland. Flood injured his shoulder before half-time while Worsley needed stitches in his thumb, but both have been passed fit.

Scotland have made one change to the side that pushed Grand Slam hopefuls Ireland close last weekend, with Scott Gray coming in at flanker. Gray, who scored a try against Italy earlier in the Six Nations, comes in for John Barclay with Scotland looking for their first win at Twickenham since 1983.

England: D Armitage, Monye, Tindall, Flutey, Cueto, Flood, Ellis, Sheridan, Mears, Vickery, Borthwick, Shaw, Croft, Worsley, Easter.

Replacements: Hartley, White, Haskell, Kennedy, Care, Goode, Tait.

Scotland: Paterson, Danielli, M Evans, Morrison, T Evans, Godman, Blair, Dickinson, Ford, Murray, White, Hamilton, Strokosch, Gray, Taylor.

Replacements: Hall, Low, Hines, Brown, Cusiter, De Luca, Southwell.

And finally, it's the Six Nations decider as unbeaten Ireland face defending champions Wales in Cardiff.
Wales have made eight changes to the side that stumbled past Italy for the match against Ireland. Captain Ryan Jones returns to the side, along with Stephen Jones and last week's try scoring hero Tom Shanklin. Gavin Henson retains his place at centre, meaning Jamie Roberts misses out, while Mark Jones is preferred to Leigh Halfpenny on the wing.

Ireland have picked scrum half Tomas O'Leary ahead of Peter Stringer as they try to win their first Grand Slam since 1948. Stringer impressed against Italy last week, but has to settle for a place on the bench alongside Paddy Wallace, with Gordon D'Arcy again preferred at centre. Jamie Heaslip starts at number eight and Jerry Flannery returns at hooker.

Wales: Byrne, M Jones, Shanklin, Henson, S Williams, S Jones, Phillips, Jenkins, Rees, A Jones, Gough, AW Jones, R Jones, M Williams, Powell.

Replacements: Bennett, Yapp, Charteris, D Jones, Fury, Hook, Roberts.

Ireland: Kearney, Bowe, B O'Driscoll, D'Arcy, Fitzgerald, O'Gara, O'Leary, Horan, Flannery, Hayes, O'Callaghan, O'Connell, Ferris, D Wallace, Heaslip.

Replacements: Best, Court, M O'Driscoll, Leamy, Stringer, P Wallace, Murphy.

Cheers

Whirls

Standard Noise
20th Mar 2009, 21:35
I reckon it's all down to Declan Kidney's new backs coach........

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/hh427/standardnoise_photo/Erica.jpg?t=1237246155

Whirlygig
21st Mar 2009, 20:43
Come the Day and Come the Hour
Come the Power and the Glory
We have come to answer our country's call
For the four proud provinces of Ireland.

Whoo-hooo, Ireland have won the Grand Slam for the first time in 61 years. But at 17-15, they didn't make it easy for themselves.

Cheers

Whirls

Beamish Boy
22nd Mar 2009, 00:58
Congatulations to the Irish, though it was a very nerve racking game.

mini
22nd Mar 2009, 01:49
Winning a Grand Slam is never easy.

Straightforward yes,

You've just got to beat every other team in the competition....

YYYYEEEESSSSS!!!!

:ok:

Hats off to the Taffies, they made it so hard.

PS. its the Kidney Factor, the guy is amazing...

PPS, they need to have a word with Gatland re his remarks, Green & Red have always been the best of mates in my experience. :ok:

Standard Noise
22nd Mar 2009, 08:06
Morning all, not a bad old day yesterday, all things considered, it's that new backs coach that Declan brought in with him this year, down to her.........

Marvellyous game, best game of the championship, won't need to cut me nails fer a while though. Don't remember being that nervous on me wedding day fer goodness sake!

Don't suppose Tommy Bowe will be too popular when he goes back to work next week, poor boy.

Oh and a little something from the Limerick thread........

There once was a man called Bo'D,
Feted as something akin to God,
Led his team on the pitch,
And despite the odd glitch,
Lifted the Grand Slam and title!!!

Gordon17
22nd Mar 2009, 15:34
I had to miss the game as we had theatre tickets and had to leave home about 5 minutes after the kick off. I set the recorder and then managed to get home from the West End without finding out the result, and watched it this morning before I got up. What a great start to the day!

goatface
22nd Mar 2009, 19:40
PRAISE BE - The Welsh have lost!:D:D:D:D

Not only that they have finished 4th in the table and already their team is falling apart.
Pretty boy Henson is blamng everyone except himself for their failure to win what was theirs' for the taking.
I acknowledge that the make up of the Lions squad is likely to be Ireland 10, Wales 9, England 8, Scotland 5, but at least that soft **** won't be going with them.

flowman
23rd Mar 2009, 15:19
Well done to Standard Noise, unless the website has not been updated yet you have won the Jet Blast league.
My tactic of not checking team line-ups and not updating my squad did not pay off. 24000th ish!:O