PDA

View Full Version : HKCAD ATPL/CPL Conversion Currency?

MilPilot
31st Jan 2009, 10:04
Can anybody tell me what the currency requirements are for converting a foreign (FAA ATPL) into a HKCAD ATPL or CPL?

I have found the hour requirements here:
Pilot Licences (http://www.cad.gov.hk/english/ppl.html)

But what about currency?

hongkongfooey
2nd Feb 2009, 04:20
Mil, all I can tell you is :
With a foreign ( Oz ) ATPL there is 5-8 exams ( inc type exam for the type you will be flying ) depending on experience ( jet time = less exams )
I think CAD will only give ATPL to pilots with jet time, t/prop guys get CPL initially ?
Sorry, not sure about currency as everyone I know was employed flying before they came here, but would'nt the company you are going to fly for take care of any currency issues with sim training, base training etc ?
Cheers

Flying Mechanic
2nd Feb 2009, 10:27
You can get a ATPL if u just have Turbo prop time, as long as u have 2 crew turbo prop time over 5700 kg.
I have heard of un currents guy/gals getting conversions before. Like Fooey said, getting a job in Honkers will involve sim training/ Licence checks so that will get you current.

MilPilot
2nd Feb 2009, 15:05
I don't have any problem with currency yet, but depending on how many years go by before CX starts classes again - I could run into a staff tour with limited flying or just SE prop flying. Hopefully we will see some classes in 2010.

hongkongfooey
5th Feb 2009, 02:01
That would have to be PIC I reckon FM ?

Mil, if you get hired by CX then I don't think currency will be an issue.