PDA

View Full Version : Anyone From Here?

MightyGem
31st Jan 2009, 09:38
The pictures in this article (http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/01/more_of_london_from_above_at_n.html) were taken from a chartered Twin Squirrel. Just wondered if a Rotorhead was involved.

Cracking photos, if a little expensive though.

Heli-Ice
31st Jan 2009, 10:46
Perfect photo's!

FLY 7
31st Jan 2009, 11:56
I think they've been on here before - but still stunning.

An amazing city which has seen so much history - from before the Romans, through the middle ages, the industrial revolution, WW2, and now a pulsating cosmopolitan metropolis. It's not perfect, but that's part of its charm.

nervouspassenger
31st Jan 2009, 13:06
Thery're all by Jason Hawkes. He has a great book, London from The Air. These and more are all in there, in A3 format.

BlenderPilot
31st Jan 2009, 23:07
Taking those pictures required

- An amazing camera that handled extremely high ISO numbers well without producing too much noise.

- A camera gyroscope, plus probably Image Stabilization lenses

- A steady hand helicotper pilot

- And lastly a photographer with a great eye!!

Congratulations to Jason Hawkes.

ShyTorque
1st Feb 2009, 10:38
In photo number 18 there's a bloke with no trousers on sitting on a photocopier.

heliski22
1st Feb 2009, 15:00
Shy T

Did you miss the couple doing it on the desk not far from the top left - he's still got his white shirt on...............

heli-cal
2nd Feb 2009, 23:44
I always thought that the camera on the Nokia N95 was good! :8

MikeNYC
3rd Feb 2009, 01:31
I tech'ed on an aerial shot for an annual report cover over City of London last spring (here) (http://www2.goldmansachs.com/our-firm/investors/financials/current/annual-reports/2007-flash/index.html), St. Paul's. While not the same volume of images as Mr. Hawke's, we faced similar logistical challenges doing an evening aerial over the City. We flew with PremiAir, and were very impressed by them throughout the job. Good job Jason... terrific work!