PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XLIII

TurboDAWG
31st Jan 2009, 06:08
Hey Ya'll,

Anyone know if any place in DXB is gonna be open late and showing the game.

Kick off 6:30ish pm EST, so thats 3:30 am Monday morning DXB time.... Any place or bar open after hours to show the game???

Go Steelers :D

astronaute
31st Jan 2009, 08:59
Who cares about the Super Bowl ?

It s not Football, the true one, the one you play with your feet ! :rolleyes:

OMDB-PiLoT
31st Jan 2009, 09:41
Let us not get into this stupid argument about true sport. :ugh:

I'd love watch the super bowl as well. If you get any info then do post it here.

GO STEELERS!:ok:

luck7711
31st Jan 2009, 10:31
It's funny how everyone is all of a sudden a steelers fan.
Did you pick them from week 1?

OMDB-PiLoT
31st Jan 2009, 10:45
Its just 2 so far, NOT everyone!!! :hmm:

PositiveRate876
31st Jan 2009, 11:06
It's funny how everyone is all of a sudden a steelers fan.
Did you pick them from week 1?

Fine. Go Cardinals! :ok:

Actually I couldn't care less either way.
I'd tivo it if I were you. It's a little too early for me.

Gaius Westman
31st Jan 2009, 11:57
You Yanks need to start watching rugby! The only real sport!!!!!!!

Go Springboks!!!!!!!!! Our okes could beat your Super Bowls winner that I'm sure of.

TurboDAWG
1st Feb 2009, 03:13
I personally have been a Steelers fan over 3 years....Since Roethlisberger had his motor cycle accident and recovered from it, and now that Santoni Holmes (played for my Alma Motter) is playing with the Steelers I'm all about PIT.

Go Steelers. :ok:

And for American football not being a real sport post, in the interest of good sportsmanship I will let that one sliiiiiiiide. :D

Go Steelers.

Turbo

goneeast
1st Feb 2009, 08:24
I always dispute the "toughness" of rugby players Vs American footy players, different tackling styles for one.

Many moons ago I played the American game to a high (in the UK) standard. I was roped into playing rugby one weekend for a mates team. Anyway, 10 minutes in, I executed a perfect block on one of the other teams wingers, (it was a moment of confusion as to which game I was playing :}). I ended up in the sin bin, he ended up in casualty.

180 lb winger 0, 225 lb linebacker 1

Schibulsky
1st Feb 2009, 09:40
goneeast...are you seriously using your "perfect block" on a winger who wasnt prepared (and did not wear the armour) for that kind of assault as an example of lack of toughness?
Like the ice hockey player saying the field hockey players are girls because they cannot take a fine body check?:ugh::ugh::ugh:
IMHO rugby and american football players are both tough guys...just the amount of bloody bruises after the game should tell you the difference!!!
FYI I am NOT playing any of that kind of sport...just love my full set of teeth and think cauliflower ears are overrated:E
But I am playing tough games as well...got a nasty sprained index finger while moving a pawn from c2 to c4 last year :{

Can we now go to the next nonsense comparison? ....ehrbuess/Boooing anybody??:p

P.S. I love to watch both games :ok:

AlfaMike
1st Feb 2009, 14:25
Anyone knows if it will be on cable? What channel? Go Steelers :ok:

goneeast
1st Feb 2009, 15:07
Schibulsky,

I was not comparing toughness or otherwise, my point is that the games cannot be compared, totally different. The guy only got a
"pop" because I had a lapse of concentration and reverted to game I had played for 10 years. The tackling skills, and technical skills are different, its like comparing rugby to football (soccer).

Ironically some time later, I played Aussie rules, after my team had played the Aussie american football team, and the stamina required for that game is quite incredible,, I needed oxygen tent after 60 mins :eek:

Left Coaster
1st Feb 2009, 18:23
If you have AFN on your cable package, the pre game started freekin hours ago...Might try Fox as well...go Cards!

bus canuck
2nd Feb 2009, 01:19
Like the ice hockey player saying the field hockey players are girls because they cannot take a fine body check?

Actually, GRASS hockey is a girl's sport, at least in Canada. Never saw it played except in skirts.

Also, "hockey" always refers to the great game played on ice. If you want to refer to the female version, it's best to add the prefix "grass" or "field."

I love this aviation forum...:p

Auroradude
2nd Feb 2009, 01:29
Walked into a British pub many years ago with all the patrons watching "footy" on the "telly". My buddy casually stated - "SOCCER, watching soccer is about as exciting as watching bowling." I laughed, but we didn't stay for a pint.

TurboDAWG
2nd Feb 2009, 02:30
Great Game... I wont post the result incase someone Tevoed it and is going to watch it later.

But todays game just shows how great this game is. It showed how strategy, tactic, coordination and adaptation count in this game.

FOOTBALL... I love this game. :ok:

GO....No. 10 Santonio Holmes... Steeles :D

Turbo.