PDA

View Full Version : Any Information about this flying school in Singapore?

MetalBird
31st Jan 2009, 04:05
Hi everyone, does anyone here knows about this school? ST Aviation Training Academy which is a subsidary company of ST Aerospace? According to their website, they seem to be a newly established company. Anyone here been to their seminar?

hewland
31st Jan 2009, 22:59
Hi MB,

What do you need to know?

Hewland

MetalBird
1st Feb 2009, 08:24
Presently there're only a couple of flying schools around us. Am making some consideration between the schools. Would like to know if their cadets managed to get a job, be it instructors or airline pilots.

mingalababya
1st Feb 2009, 12:45
AFAIK, they're based in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia (about 1 hour drive from Melbourne) and have been training cadets for Chinese Airlines. If you search for STATA here on Pprune, it has been discussed before.

hewland
2nd Feb 2009, 02:12
MB,

Look under the self-sponsored CPL holders post. You might find what you're looking for there.

As a self-sponsored student, the school is just a license-granting institution and doesn't offer a job after graduation - much like going to university and getting a degree. There is a pioneer batch of students there now and they are still at PPL stage. They are expected to graduate in Dec 2009, if all goes well, or later. What happens after graduation remains unknown.

Getting a job after graduation is on every self-sponsored pilot's mind. Don't think too much - if you really want to fly, get the license first then worry about getting a flying job later.

What's your objective? Do you insist on an airline job or are you happy flying corp jets, instructing, or whatever else so long it's flying?

Which other school(s) are you considering?

Those who are likely to have flying jobs after graduation are airline cadets, not self-sponsored ones.

MetalBird
3rd Feb 2009, 07:17
As you said, their current batch of students are graduating this Dec. Are they getting a job by themselves or with the help of st aviation? I don't mind getting any job.

I know that this topic has been discussed before but it seem to be rather long ago, so i'm thinking if anyone here got any new updates about the school.

hewland
3rd Feb 2009, 12:28
As far as I know, the self-sponsored students will have to job hunt themselves. I don't know if STATA will help them get a job, or not.

Have you talked to STATA?