PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm...nice!

BEagle
30th Jan 2009, 21:27
...and they think this'll make a nice Valentine's present?
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a341/nw969/Internet/zxzxz.jpg

Faberge-style Icon of the Sky RAF Spitfire Egg, complete with 22-carat gold, glimmering gems and the genuine sound of the iconic plane. - Icon of the Sky RAF Spitfire Egg - The Bradford Group UK - Online Shop (http://www.bradford.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p1714_Icon-of-the-Sky-RAF-Spitfire-Egg.html/XTCsid/24a4898092c5c7d31d127c1233353995)

If I gave LadyLove such a 'market-first jewelled masterpiece' with its 'ornate 22-carat gold accents, plus faux gems', I'd be picking bits of it from whence the sun shineth not for the next 12 months at least.

Official RAF 90th Anniversary Edition.....:\

Fg Off Max Stout
30th Jan 2009, 21:53
Oh dear, the Fulchester Mint private finance initiative lays another PR dog's egg for the RAF.

BEagle
30th Jan 2009, 22:05
But at least it's only half of the price of the same vendor's 'First-ever illuminated Christmas tree with a 'flying' Spitfire'.......:(

And even a tenner less than their 'Collectable Elvis Presley Aloha from Hawaii Musical Egg'...'Sparkling with simulated jewels, shimmering platinum and 22-carat gold accents'!

Lovely.

knowitall
30th Jan 2009, 22:57
lets face it the Elvis Presley, Tutenkhamhun, Dambusters Memorial clock/plate is only weeks away from release!

TheInquisitor
31st Jan 2009, 02:38
...just a shame they can't hatch us some new AT & SH assetts that way...

Gainesy
31st Jan 2009, 06:33
Tch. You peasants just don't appreciate high quality tat when you see it. There are collectors out there you know. I'm led to believe that StopStart has one of the best collections in Wiltshire, if not Rutland.

Slow Roll
31st Jan 2009, 07:54
It's made out of parts of real spitfire, so you know it's good...

delta96
31st Jan 2009, 08:12
Hmm.. My Atomic Time-Radio-Synchronised mantlepiece clock cost me a tenner.
I see that their RAF Cuckoo Clock comes at a mere £124.
Seems to conform to MOD procurement best practice, provided they delay delivery for five years.

Beatriz Fontana
31st Jan 2009, 08:21
t's made out of parts of real spitfireI'd rather have the original bits for Valentine's Day, thanks. Who commissions this stuff?

A2QFI
31st Jan 2009, 08:30
Another firm of Memorabilia Shysters called :mad:in Mint used to sell stuff which stated that "This edition will be forever limited to orders placed before December 2010" ie everybody silly enough to order the stuff would get one and there was effectively no limit at all. It is embarassing that the RAF is lending its name to this overpriced fairground tat!

SirToppamHat
31st Jan 2009, 09:34
I can't help thinking that anyone who purchases this type of tat is going to be terrily disappointed when the thing actually arrives, and that that disappointment is going to be reflected in what they think of the RAF - ienothing good.

You have to ask what on earth is going on with our PR people. I would love to know what they think is in it for the Service.

STH

StopStart
31st Jan 2009, 12:19
Terribly disappointed when it arrives?? I suspect the sort of bottom feeders that purchase this sort of bilge would be over the moon.
If anyone from the MoD is reading, may I suggest we recruit some personnel with even a modicum of taste into the office that approves this sort of crap? Just because it makes money doesn't make it good thing. If, however, that is the case may I also suggest that instead of destroying all the opium we recover in Afg we instead fly it home and flog it on the streets? We'd make a mint. You utter, utter peasants.

PS. Gainsey, whilst you are indeed correct about my tat collection it is worth pointing out that my tat is purchased on the basis of insulation or tog rating. Thus when it goes straight in the loft it will cut my heating bills. I fear the only insulation the RAF Porcelain Dog's Egg would provide would be that liberated through incineration. Minimal.

BEagle
31st Jan 2009, 13:06
Whilst chatting with Jeremy Clarkson at a book signing recently, I noticed that he was wearing one of the 'RAF collection' leather flying jackets - complete with the small 'wings' badge.... Normally I'd be Outraged of Oxfordshire at someone wearing 'wings' to which they're not entitled, but as he's done so much for Help for Heroes, I made an exception.

He once wrote that he is the proud possessor of a '****' cabinet at his home, containing all the worst examples of utter tat he's noticed during his travels. Pink plastic mosque alarm clocks (just for you, Stoppers, they're available at Mosque Clock . com - Home of the mosque shaped alarm clock - Classic (http://www.mosqueclock.com/classic-mosque-clock-rose-pink-p-48.html) :p)*, snowstorms, etc. I wonder if he has any of these Elvis-eggs-on-Tutenkhamen-Spitfire-plate bits of worthless tat?

*If you do visit this site, press the 'Hear Alarm' button - you know you want to!

Pontius Navigator
31st Jan 2009, 13:15
Oh someone from the RAF does read these and I know that the Air 1* was incandescent over the Christmas Tree. Maybe he should have had the cold war V-force one.

The people responsible are DPR at the MOD.

Gainesy
31st Jan 2009, 13:17
SS:ok:

For some reason I read that as RAF Police Dog's Egg; maybe that'll feature in future collections?

Old Ned
31st Jan 2009, 13:35
BEagle. The mosque clock was an excellent call and yes, I did try the alarm button. Some arab shouting "Get up you lazy batsard", I believe!

Pontius Navigator
31st Jan 2009, 15:38
Don't know how they do it but wheneven I try the sound on mosqueclock it crashes internet explorer. Cunning **** *******s

Shadwell the old
31st Jan 2009, 15:58
Beagle,

What is this namedropping "When I was chatting to Jeremy Clarkson at a book signing recently". Why was Jeremy Clarkson at your book signing? Are you the Stig?

I wonder if JC tells his friends "I was talking to Beagle at a book signing recently..................."

Must know you from Vulcan days.

Shadwell

ianp
31st Jan 2009, 19:55
Imagine getting one as a leaving gift, you would know exactly what everyone thought of you:sad:

Molemot
31st Jan 2009, 22:26
I've always classified this sort of merchandise under the heading of "air gun targets".....

L J R
1st Feb 2009, 08:03
Perfect for Valentines day..!!!..? - perfect for who?

Is there a collection going for SOMEONE here to buy one and send a webcam on utube for us all to see and hear it?.

...and don't you just dig the other items that customers bought on the sales website. Who buys that stuff?

...and more to the point, just how did anyone come across this site to discover it....clearly your Googling word choice is vastly different to mine.

BEagle
1st Feb 2009, 08:13
I only found the website after seeing a full page advert for the Spitfire's egg in this week's TV paper. And was sufficiently intrigued to find out what other bits of tat they were flogging.

Honest....

Double Zero
1st Feb 2009, 08:51
I would LOVE to have that PR job !

Think of the possibilities; a Tornado mounted with an airliner above and ahead of it, a USMC Harrier wheels up on mattresses, and a working gibbet featuring a charicature ( unfortunately, there's a limit ) of the head of whichever service one selects...

'Chuffer' Dandridge
1st Feb 2009, 09:18
Nobody seems to have spotted this gem........(Apart from delta96)

RAF Cuckoo Clock - RAF Cuckoo Clock - The Bradford Group UK - Online Shop (http://www.bradford.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p1520_RAF-Cuckoo-Clock.html/XTCsid/ce6b5b7a4345dcb982578f1233483032)

This is the only RAF cuckoo clock officially endorsed by the RAF

P.S. Other makes of Chav tat cuckoo clocks are available

BEagle
1st Feb 2009, 09:33
Isn't that truly chavtastic!

This is the only RAF cuckoo clock officially endorsed by the RAF and is destined to become a treasured collections item!

A 'treasured collections item'...:\

Climebear
1st Feb 2009, 12:02
On a more tasteful note:

Regimental Brooches (http://www.armoury.co.uk/regbrooches1/rbigrb711.htm)

Pontius Navigator
1st Feb 2009, 13:11
Oh Chuffer, we had, we had, we were just too ashamed to mention it.

Pontius Navigator
1st Feb 2009, 13:13
How about this though? Ideal for all career wannabees in multinational HQs.

Pre-order your handcrafted Barack Obama Figurine handpainted for striking realism - Barack Obama Figurine - The Bradford Group UK - Online Shop (http://www.bradford.co.uk/product_info.php/info/p1719_Barack-Obama-Figurine.html/XTCsid/049f8ff2fbd56f122e5d331233497529)

and Molemot, you wouldn't would you? Wouldn't mistreat it would you?

MrBernoulli
1st Feb 2009, 23:37
Good grief - what ****e! :rolleyes:

(The clocks, eggs and Barack Obama, I mean ....... not your musings.)

L J R
2nd Feb 2009, 08:35
1600 Quid for a set of diamond RAF pilot wings.....you would want to guarantee to get laid if you gave the 'sweetheart' one of those...

BEagle
2nd Feb 2009, 09:23
£1600 for some kitsch piece of bitch-bling?

YGBSM!!

The Oberon
2nd Feb 2009, 10:02
Could always settle for a pair of these I suppose.

Welcome to RAF Collection (http://www.rafcollection.com/ecart/control/category/~category_id=UNDERWEAR_MEN)

Molemot
2nd Feb 2009, 10:09
Pontious, old chap...thanks for the heads up on the Presidential Sculpture..now I know what to buy my Godson for his birthday. He already has the weapon and the aptitude.....

Grackle
2nd Feb 2009, 10:53
I was about to be smug about this - only the RAF etc etc - when I found this Clocks moving tribute to the marines:

Faithful Fuzzies Clock - A proud salute to the mighty marines

It's always a day to remember when the Faithful FuzziesTM are on paw-rade! These beloved bears are suited and booted in their dress blues and want to make your home their headquarters. Invite them in and proudly salute the courage, bravery and honour of the Marines, with the brand-new Faithful FuzziesTM Clock. This elaborate market-first clock evokes the regal atmosphere of a military parade ground with an impressive sculptural three-dimensional scene, painted by hand. Royal emblems, Union Jacks and a traditional army cannon add further authenticity to this unique masterpiece, which also boasts sound and motion…

... although I don't think that it has been officially endorsed by the RM ...

'Chuffer' Dandridge
8th Mar 2009, 18:09
Just when you thought you'd seen the ultimate in poor taste, have a look at this:

Pilot's ring (http://www.aveight.aero/ring.html)

No more lonely nights at a hotel bar in a downtown hellhole trying to chat up the ladies. Just sit there 'fingering your ring' and they should come running.

Available in 1, 2 and 3 stripe editions for those not yet up to command status..

spheroid
8th Mar 2009, 18:20
I went out with a Captain in the WRAC once and her...... didn't look like that.

Wensleydale
8th Mar 2009, 19:26
Is this what is meant by a "Scramble the Duxford Wing"?

BEagle
8th Mar 2009, 19:46
Upon which part of the body is that thing expected to be worn....:ooh:

Maybe it's a 21st Century version of the Blakoe Energiser - those painful looking things which used to be advertised in Mayfair in the '70s??

Pontius Navigator
8th Mar 2009, 19:58
Zirconium will spontaneously combust at high altitude.

Zirconium is a major constituent of modern day fireworks.

largely unheard of by the majority of jewellers

Zirconium, along with Titanium, is fast becoming the latest in a line of trends

fascinating surface transformation ability and hypoallergenic qualities.

Old established traditionalist jewellers who once balked at the idea of non-precious metal jewellery are now embracing the products - see above, its largely unheard of.

Precious metals will never be replaced by non precious as the material of choice

Cracker

PPRuNeUser0139
8th Mar 2009, 21:04
Maybe it's a 21st Century version of the Blakoe Energiser - those painful looking things which used to be advertised in Mayfair in the '70s??

Did it work..?:E

Someone had to ask..!

BentStick
8th Mar 2009, 22:51
Could always settle for a pair of these I suppose.

Welcome to RAF Collection (http://www.rafcollection.com/ecart/control/category/~category_id=UNDERWEAR_MEN)

Per Ardva Ad Asstra.:}

BEagle
9th Mar 2009, 14:05
sidevalve, sorry mate - can't remember.....:\

Impiger
12th Mar 2009, 21:39
It didn't seem to be working when I flew with BEags in the 80s:ok:

BEagle
13th Mar 2009, 18:00
I presume you mean yours wasn't working, old bean......:ooh:

AR1
14th Mar 2009, 09:03
Thats the Captains ring, but anyone know what a Corporals ring looks like?

The Spitfire MOVES!
- uncontrollable laughter in the AR1 Household... I just know my mother will buy me one for Christmas.