PDA

View Full Version : 250hr job.........

Fitnesspilot737
30th Jan 2009, 12:18
Is there anywhere, and I mean anywhere, in this planet were a company is hiring pilots with 250hrs? I will be finished my FAA commercial in 2/3mths and im willing to go anywhere just to fly, albeit the North Pole.

ReverseFlight
30th Jan 2009, 16:19
Air HongKong (http://www.airhongkong.com.hk/ahk/en/F300/Careers/FirstOfficer.jsp?cmspre=1)

Look under "Direct Entry First Officers (Ab-initio)".

Fitnesspilot737
1st Feb 2009, 01:56
Because at the start I was unsure totally of the whole system. I entered a 'fixed price' program based on false advertising and now I think im stuck there due to the contract. Saying that I did my PPL in 45hrs and Ill have Instrument done in 70 total. I wanted to do my multi at a JAA school but I think ill lose my money if I do.

corsair
1st Feb 2009, 09:55
You might as well finish the FAA course you're on. Not that it will be any use to you in getting a job anywhere in the world, except maybe Air Hong Kong.

Then knuckle down and do the JAA exams and do the conversion course from FAA to JAA somewhere back here.

abhi88
1st Feb 2009, 10:04
Not that it will be any use to you in getting a job anywhere in the world, except maybe Air Hong Kong.

Do you know this for a fact or are you guessing because you saw that on their website???

PAPI-74
1st Feb 2009, 10:10
Unless you pay for a Citation rating - but even then you may need more hours and you will be stuck there for ages getting the experience due to the lack of flying. But who is taking on at the moment anyway????
And who is crazy enough to give anyone cash upfront for a TR, or indeed pay for it in the first place??

Not seeming harsh, but it seems as though you went for the cheapest deal on the market. If that was the case - cheap is dear my friend....

As corsair mentioned, the conversion is your best route and shouldn't take too long. Get an FIC as part of the deal and go instructing for 6 months - 1 year.
Just polish your flying as the UK IR is much tougher then an other.

Fitnesspilot737
1st Feb 2009, 15:47
I actually didnt pick the cheapest. I chose the school (Epic Flight Academy) as the fleet are all pretty new 172 G1000s, surrounded by all airspaces and I wanted to get out of Ireland. Their multi fleet, all 2 of them, are somewhat less desirable. Saying that I have a great Instructor and im 'flying' through the course. Anyhow, I dont know where I want to work but it wont be here in the states so thats how I see doing the ME FAA as a waste of time as I can do it back home and convert at the same time

manitoubrian
1st Feb 2009, 15:57
Don't give up on the FAA license. There are more N reg aircraft in Ireland than you may think.
I got a job flying an N reg pilatus PC12 based in Belfast. Had slightly more total time than you but not that much!!

Fitnesspilot737
2nd Feb 2009, 00:27
Do you still fly this N-Reg aircraft? What was the job if you dont mind me asking and did you convert to JAA? I know there are some N-Reg aircraft in the Isle of Man and Luxembourg but their minimums required will be alot more than I finish up with. BTW Thanks fot the input everyone

MartinCh
2nd Feb 2009, 02:14
Nyassa: Company (http://nyassa.mw/company/)

This has been mentioned on Maun thread in African Av subforum.
Sounds interesting. They got Cherokees 6 as well, besides GA8 and Seminole or what. Not sure you'd be finished in time.

Fitnesspilot737
2nd Feb 2009, 04:49
Hey I just checked that up. It looks great. Thats exactly what im looking for. Something surreal almost. I want to build my hours but not doing CFI. Thanks for that link

manitoubrian
2nd Feb 2009, 11:22
Hey Cormactrolan,

Yes I still fly it, mostly to the UK and Ireland. Get the odd run to Europe too. Didn't need to convert it to JAA. FAA CPL IR allows you to fly N reg in JAA land with no problems.

Brian

ReverseFlight
5th Mar 2009, 15:31
I'm afraid my previous post (#2) has been superseded by new requirements of 1000 hrs of jet time :

Air HongKong (http://www.airhongkong.com.hk/ahk/en/F300/Careers/FirstOfficer.jsp?cmspre=1)

Back to the old days ?

G-SPOTs Lost
5th Mar 2009, 19:51
Any FAA qualification is worthwhile doing, when it comes to type ratings FAA qualifications are a whole lot more difficult to achieve than JAA.

Hey I just checked that up. It looks great. Thats exactly what im looking for. Something surreal almost. I want to build my hours but not doing CFI. Thanks for that link

You will not be employed anywhere if you try to dictate what jobs you will or wont take, first job offered - take it

poss
5th Mar 2009, 20:07
Yes I still fly it, mostly to the UK and Ireland. Get the odd run to Europe too. Didn't need to convert it to JAA. FAA CPL IR allows you to fly N reg in JAA land with no problems.
Not suprising because you need an FAA licence to be able to fly N reg aircraft, doesn't matter if it's based in the UK or not.

Upslope
7th Mar 2009, 08:43
I totally agree with G-Spot. I have both FAA and JAA as its a requirement for my job (I fly Bizjets) The FAA Type Rating is more difficult then the JAA.
Don't worry, stick with your course and then come back to Europe and convert. By the time you get it all sorted, the market might even be picking up a bit and with both tickets you will be in a good position to go job hunting.
Good Luck:ok:

cyrilroy21
7th Mar 2009, 10:21
Hi :-)

Can you give me your opinion about Epic Flight Academy ?
Like the quality of training ?
Instructors ?
Aircraft ?
The overall experience ?

ironhorse
8th Mar 2009, 16:00
Still hunting around but nothing around. Have a 737TR and a few hundred hours on type.

liam548
8th Mar 2009, 16:58
someone I know of left work after only 243 hours flying hours with a fATPL and 737 type rating (if i recall correctly) to go fly for Jet2 on a 737 last year!