PDA

View Full Version : GLA Servisair lost flybe

Gee08
30th Jan 2009, 11:42
I Just heard ALBA have won flybe contract in gla. well done to alba with a bit of luck they will treat emploee's better now.

Novair DC10
30th Jan 2009, 11:59
Heard that Servisair lost Dublin also ????

What status of the other Flybe stations??

Gee08
30th Jan 2009, 12:06
yea Servisair May Also Lose Continental In GLA. ALBA Have Undercut Menzies by £1 a Turnaround.arghhhh Credit Crunch Eh lol S'pose Thats An Average £20 A Day Saving...354x20 Thats A Great Saving lol.

JB007
30th Jan 2009, 13:43
Also picked up at LGW, FlyBe to Swissport?!

Dropline
30th Jan 2009, 14:46
Is that fact or rumour? Please try and remember that some people reading these forums stand to lose their jobs along with the Flybe contract! Do you have a copy of the official announcement to post or who is your source?

scr1
30th Jan 2009, 15:00
they have also lost INV to dalcross

rememberbannockburn
30th Jan 2009, 18:58
flybe had approached menzies months ago about handling however menzies after careful consideration decided to turn it down as contract is not a big money maker to say the least. thats now easyjet and flybe running from servisair, people can say its down to cheaper handling all they want but there must be something going on behind the scenes at servisair to be losing so many contracts everywhere

Gee08
30th Jan 2009, 19:41
nothing going on they have had contracts long enough airlines like a change now and then and i hope anyone who loses there job can gain a job through alba as in my oppinion every ground handling company is just as good as each other its the people running them that can bring them down.Servisair gained a few contracts last year from aviance so don't slag these companys they have there good and there bad stations its never impossible to fix the bad ones.

groundhogbhx
30th Jan 2009, 20:31
Maybe Servisair are concentrating on quality, and that comes at a price. At the end of the day quality doesn't seem to matter to some airlines just the price they pay. There is no point trying to continue a contract when you lose money trying to provide a proper service, that just makes all the other airlines suffer and damages your reputation. I know that in BHX they are trying to do just that, and it seems to be working. The customer airlines seem quite content and new ones are slowly being added:ok:

caaardiff
30th Jan 2009, 21:20
Airlines change agents all the time. Believe it or not, one of the biggest factors that airlines review is costs. They make take on the cheapest contract and realise it was a bad decision as the service is compromised. But some airlines would rather cost savings than customer service! Lots of these contract come with clauses that handling agents have to face, I.E the more messups, the more penalities! The less mess ups, everybodys happy.
Its pointless saying 'so n so agent r crap', 'there's never enough staff', the equipment doesn't work' etc etc. If the airlines want better service, pay for it!!!
I dont doubt that some handling agents around the country are badly run, there's little anyone can do about that until the management involved come back to reality. But the majority of staff who work in handling work their b:mad:x off.
The top guy in Servisair once said in an internal statement that Servisair needs to make money as well as provide good service, and airlines need to realise they need to pay to get good service.

Skipness One Echo
31st Jan 2009, 19:15
Are Loganair staying with Servisair then? Being a flybe franchisee and all....

scr1
1st Feb 2009, 10:21
yes loganair are staying with servisair