PDA

View Full Version : new site

before landing check list
27th Nov 2000, 00:03
Just wanted to offer a new site to everyone. Just found it today. Good addition to this one.
j
www.planetalk7.com (http://www.planetalk7.com)

------------------
Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
— Original author unknown, dates back to a World War II advisory

Akwah_Plain
27th Nov 2000, 00:32
Same style as "old" PPrune format - some very similar topics, but not as good as the real thing!! Not even a mention from The Guvnor, (although Celtic Airway is!) so it can't be worth much!

meslag
27th Nov 2000, 04:30
me thinks a direct copy of pprune. the use of differant colours was very clever but i saw through it.
am sure that the pprune guys and their lawyers will have something to say on the matter

Lurk R
27th Nov 2000, 07:59
Actually meslag - I think the lawyers won't have a thing to say at all. Whilst PPRuNe is a home grown idea, the software isn't and many bulletin formats (non aviation too) all use the same format with the exception of customised colours, logos, fonts, etc. Have a look at the faint writing at the bottom of the page - UBB, etc. - it's a proprietory package.

Mind you, if you follow PPRuNe you don't need any other website (and Plane talk isn't the only other one!!) but thats just my personal opinion. Look at how many members and posts appear and you know which one is best!!! :)

the wizard of auz
27th Nov 2000, 08:02
Theres another one at www.crewstart.com (http://www.crewstart.com) called crew rumors, it also looks like pprune but I think it has something to do with the software. So what if it does look like pprune!, if it works, use it.
Surely it can only be a good thing to have another BB on aviation, or do you do all your shopping in the same shop do you MESLAG?. I hope your loyalty is the same at the pub you drink in......there are other pubs that are just as good as the one you frequent I bet, and I think you might have a drink else where occasionally.
Oh I forgot to mention that the guy who runs the other BB has provided a link to this one and it was through his crewstart site that I and countless others stumbled on to pprune.
So go have a look, maybe even register and say hi.

ADC
27th Nov 2000, 13:22
Actually, it appears that the Guvnor, Freeboot and all the usual team are alive and well over there in Planetalk7. The Guvnor appears to be using L10man as a user name.
Same stuff , by the way.

meslag
29th Nov 2000, 17:18
as my name suggests, i will go anywhere..
please get a grip and lighten up.
Variety is the spice of life, whuch i why they could have designed the formatting to be differant. Use same software and hide it under some other facing. that cant be too hard can it boys. as for lawyers... off the cuff remark. known a few in my time, but dont care how or what they do.

personally, i only have time in life for a browse through the one site. I try get out a bit more