PDA

View Full Version : KLM to Kuala Lumpar

Skilly
29th Jan 2009, 20:02
First of all hello to everyone on PPRuNe as this is my first post.

I am traveling on KLM to Kuala Lumpur from Amsterdam in March and I see the flight will be on a 747 combo. I have heard a variety of stories about KLM and the combo, most of them describing it as having prehistoric inflight entertainment.

Can anyone tell me of their experiences with KLM and the combo.

Thanks

Skilly

MUFC_fan
29th Jan 2009, 23:02
Better experience in the back of the plane than the front...

Should have booked EK or BA...

Final 3 Greens
30th Jan 2009, 12:18
Better experience in the back of the plane than the front...

I don't think so :}

Big Bad D
30th Jan 2009, 12:33
Yes, having flown this route only a few months ago, "prehistoric" is an appropriate description and no understatement. Fortunately the return was on a Malaysian codeshare which was a considerable improvement.

Conan The Barber
30th Jan 2009, 16:10
To be fair the tiny CRT screens in the ceiling have recently been upgraded to tiny LCD screens. Now it's a 1985 vintage system with a 1995 flavour.

drivez
31st Jan 2009, 16:00
Even if the inflight entertainment is bad at least the service is excellent. I've flown a few airlines and KLM are certainly the best. Drinks every twenty five minutes or so, free ice cream and hot towels, metal knives and forks, good food:eek:.
Great airline. Hope you have a good holiday.
(keep your fingers crossed they change the flight to an A330 or something).

Andy_S
2nd Feb 2009, 10:38
I've flown a few airlines and KLM are certainly the best.

Not remotely as good as Malaysian.

good food

On KLM??? This is the only airline who have served me food which is quite inedible. And that was in business class. At the back, they don't seem to have the imagination to vary the meals much beyond pasta and chicken, although you might get an Asian choice when flying to K-L.

MUFC_fan
2nd Feb 2009, 12:46
To KUL from Europe there are many better alternatives:

BA, QR, EK, MH, EY, LH, AF to name a few but KL is ok.

SuanLum
7th Feb 2009, 19:32
Sorry to disappoint but BA haven't flown to KUL for over 5 years.

blaggerman
8th Feb 2009, 08:38
There is the novelty of using those over-wing jetways in AMS and boarding the plane at the back of the cabin. That's the highlight!

Bring a good book :)

str12
10th Feb 2009, 16:00
drivez, KLM are NOT the best..not by a nautical mile. Try some of the other airlines like Malaysia or Singapore Airlines if you are heading east, they beat KLM in terms of aircraft, cabin, food, drinks, IFE and customer service (and eye candy :ok:).

Until recently I was a Flying Blue Platinum member and based in Amsterdam but travelled busines class alot so have chalked up a few miles with KLM. I always used a partner airline where possible, as did all my colleagues, even the Dutch ones!

I used KLM to fly economy around Europe and that service was fine but would never call it the best either.

str12