PDA

View Full Version : Skippers The goods and the bads?

Red777
29th Jan 2009, 11:43
Hi All..just wondering about the situation in the west at the moment...

for any current crew..whats the T & C like and wages etc?

Any pro's or Con's about working with them...

Help would be most appreciated

Skippers Pilot
29th Jan 2009, 12:29
All well on the Western front!

Recruitment ongoing on all fleets, probably the safest job on the west coast!

Further details found on the Skippers exodus thread, but beware of the disgruntled ex-employee, you just can't please everyone!

:ok:

Mr. Hat
30th Jan 2009, 02:46
or anyone:ok:

ROH111
30th Jan 2009, 02:46
Read other threads on here re: skippers.

Funny how the only person talking it up appears to be someone who works there.

Must be a top place with all the good reports.

Seriously.

Long John Silver
30th Jan 2009, 02:51
I hear 95k (inc super) for a dash or bras captn, mon-fri roster, no overnights. With the backing of fairly secure contracts (considering the current climate). Sounds almost as cruisy as being a public servant!

Skystar320
30th Jan 2009, 05:41
probably the safest job on the west coast!

You have been smoking a bit heavy the green stuff?

The Green Goblin
30th Jan 2009, 07:38
probably the safest job on the west coast!

You have been smoking a bit heavy the green stuff?

In light of everyone else going broke and Skippers (rumoured to have been going broke for at least the last 2 years) still plodding along merrily with an empty ramp every morning I believe the above sentiments are true.

the wizard of auz
30th Jan 2009, 09:25
Hehehehe. Oh dear. :E
There are still personnel being flown in and out, and will be for a while yet. Just not in the same numbers. there are already contracts in place that still need to be honored and mines that have cut back, but not closed completely. there are still mines out there tonking along, but are producing from stockpile, not actually mining. there will be a definite slow down, but not a complete stop.
the world will still keep turning and the moon will still rise and miners will still need to be flown in and out.......... difference will be that in time, the Dash loads will become Metro loads.
Moomooland???? :eek: I'm not sure if I should be insulted or laughing my bum off.:}

The Green Goblin
30th Jan 2009, 09:30
Looks like all the pilots with aspirations of business management and armchair economics a short time ago talking about skippers blowing off the metro fleet and going one type must be cringing.

Can't beat a Metro from an operators perspective :D

Skippers Pilot
30th Jan 2009, 09:32
Long John has hit the nail on the head!

Skystar, you seem to be the expert on current ops around Perth, so how long do we have? A little longer than most F100 operators I recon, isn't it funny that when it comes to the crunch, these companies will need to save money, and save it fast, six months ago it seemed like a great idea to upgrade to jets, and now the old Dash and Bras are starting to look very attractive again! I think Stan better start looking for more!

Don't forger not everyone needs to stroke their ego by flying some big shinny jet, yes this company is far from perfect, but NONE are! The grass always looks greener, but rarely is!

Yes I do work at this company and I enjoy my work, the aircraft and the people I fly with every day. The roster changes are a pain in the ass sometimes but they never change from a simple day flight to an overnight or a weekend, they just change from the usual am to pm, and I still get to spend my nights and weekends at home with the family, and for me that's perfect!

Ladies and gentlemen, don't knock it until you try it, if you try it and don't like it move on, but spare the sob story every time Skippers is mentioned on the forum!

Led Zep
30th Jan 2009, 11:52
I'm looking forward to the final ATSB report into XUE's little incident.

FGD135
30th Jan 2009, 11:52
ROH111 said:

Read other threads on here re: skippers.

Funny how the only person talking it up appears to be someone who works there.

Must be a top place with all the good reports.

Only a fool would judge a company by what they read on PPrune.

Great posts, Skippers Pilot - terrific to read some positive sentiment for a change.

PPrune is, sadly, about 5% signal and 95% noise. SMS777, your post was pure noise.

southy7700
30th Jan 2009, 13:01
why do the mods let D^ckheads like this post comments like that but they delete half our worthwhile comments???

-----------------------------------------------------

Because Mods do not sit here 24 hours per day monitoring all posts and certainly not at mid night, the time of your post in my time zone! :ugh:

You have a problem with a post - make our job easier by clicking on the "Report This Post" icon and we will get to it as soon as possible.

SMS777 regrets to advise that due to a roster change he will be unable to post here for the next week. :mad:

Tail Wheel

FRQ Charlie Bravo
30th Jan 2009, 14:17
Well put Skippers Pilot. I know more people who've benefited by time at Skippers than have been burnt. Many people may not have enjoyed their time there but as my old man used to say "That's why they call it work"

Sorry Southy7700, that anti-mod comment's got to go. I'll inform the mods in the morning (just after I pre-flight the pigs).

~FRQ CB

Skippers Pilot
6th Feb 2009, 23:11
Things can't be too bad over here!

From the AFAP website

DASH 8 / METRO PILOTS
Skippers are currently seeking endorsed Dash 8 and Metro pilots to fill positions at our Perth base. Only those applicants endorsed on type will be considered.
To apply, please submit an application online at ....................... or email a detailed CV to ...............................

And no I'm not trying to push recruitment, I just found this funny, surely a company on the brink of collapse wouldn't be recruiting, would they?

I think this reinforces my first statement, things are all good! :ok:

LM82
6th Feb 2009, 23:18
MacAir were recruiting a couple of weeks ago as well........I have nothing against either company just saying that because they are recruiting doesnt mean they are stable!