PDA

View Full Version : Handcuffed prisoners run either side of lamp-post

gruntie
29th Jan 2009, 11:30
On the BBC, here. (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7857469.stm). It's brought tears to my eyes.

29th Jan 2009, 11:36
Shouldn't laugh, but :)

Just be glad in was in NZ and not in the UK.
Can you imagine the amount of compo they would get from suing the council for putting a lamp post in such a dangerous position.
(and the really sad thing is, I'm not joking)

angels
29th Jan 2009, 11:36
Excellent. Thanks for the link.

I like planes & stuf
29th Jan 2009, 11:55
Genius! :ok:

OneOffDave
29th Jan 2009, 12:05
I'm just surprised they are cuffed to each other. It's bad form in the UK to do this as it makes it easier for a prosioner to either access the cuffs to escape them or to harm the prisoner they are cuffed to in order to get the cuffs off and thus escape.

lomapaseo
29th Jan 2009, 14:19
I presume that the prisoners had a meeting of the minds afterwards

OFSO
29th Jan 2009, 15:25
Yeah 419, our UK Health and Safety idiots would be hauled up for not doing a risk assessment regarding putting lamposts in the pathway where dimwitted escaping prisoners might injure themselves running into it.

Didja see the UK Coastguard now has to do a Risk Assessment before setting out on a "shout" to rescue someone. "Sorry, I know you are drowning, but the Risk Assessment hasn't been done yet".

Jeeeze.

Standard Noise
29th Jan 2009, 16:08
Brilliant, that video was the best laugh I've had in ages.

muppetbum
29th Jan 2009, 16:15
reminds me of the time when I was happily toodling along the sidewalk on my way home only to be confronted by the local equiv. of chavettes each equipped with a buggycomplete with wailing child.

The sidewalk was narrow, they were walking two abreast refusing to give way to anyone , thus forcing me into a snowbank to pass them

Anyways I got the last laugh as I turned around to see them become fiirmly wedged between a streetlight and utility pole !

Oh how I laughed :D

mr fish
29th Jan 2009, 16:19
i suppose in true TEX AVERY style, if they had got away they would have been stopped by a falling anvil or maybe a piano!!!
or, ran through a chain link fence and ended up as a pile of cubes with two eyes which blink in time to piano plinks etc etc:ok:

kluge
29th Jan 2009, 16:37
well I suppose they still have the right to remain stupid.

chiglet
29th Jan 2009, 19:48
Sligh Thread Drift.....
Did anyone else see that guy in Gtr Manchester who went out to nick copper [the day after being released from prison....:ugh:] and tried to nick said copper, with an aluminium ladder, from a Live electric pylon.....:=
Didn't go to trial....just the Crem [from the Manchester Evening News] a week or so ago

critter592
30th Jan 2009, 03:29
I needed that laugh again - I saw the clip on BBC news earlier!

Did anyone else see that guy in Gtr Manchester who went out to nick copper [the day after being released from prison....:ugh:] and tried to nick said copper, with an aluminium ladder, from a Live electric pylon.....:=
Didn't go to trial....just the Crem [from the Manchester Evening News] a week or so ago...

There IS justice after all! (The Darwin Awards beckon.)

F:mad:g metal fairies - Several railway preservation projects have been ruined by such scum, not to mention a number of WW2 crash memorials that have disappeared from around the country. Vermin.

Rant over...

Don

B747-800
30th Jan 2009, 03:37
our kiwi bro never learned how to do things right, don't they?

Richard Taylor
30th Jan 2009, 21:08
Saw them on the news yesterday. :D

I had visions of them running/driving/swimming/flying thousands of miles away, running up 50 flights of stairs, into the room, close the door, turn around...

...and DROOPY the lawman shouts BOO!!! ;)