PDA

View Full Version : Emergency at MQP 28/10?

grjplanes
29th Jan 2009, 06:53
Was on the 16:20 CPT-GRJ Airlink flight yesterday, but were delayed 1h25mins...as this flight is delayed quite often anyway. But were told the reason for the delay was due to an emergency with another aircraft at Nelspruit (MQP), and thus they couldn't get out on time? Anybody know anything about this.
Btw, first time I noted that NO security and emergency procedures were presented by the hostesses, only heard from them after being airborne...is this normal for such short flights (35mins), was it because it's only 40 pax on board or were they just not doing their job?

legacy
30th Jan 2009, 11:15
Howdie!

Yip - there was indeed an emergency at MQP with an RJ85, but all went well and pax got to their destinations safely. Cockpit crew caught the whiff of smoke in the cockpit and returned to MQP. Pax were accommodated on another aircraft to JNB. The AC has since returned to JNB - not sure what the cause was though ..

I suppose your GRJ flight was delayed due to aircraft rotation in JNB or crew or similar - chain effect.

Strange thing no emergency procedures given to you - I don't think that's normal - they usually do it during startup... mmm.. ?!?