PDA

View Full Version : Airlinerumour.com vs PPRuNe.org

JR/FO
24th Nov 2000, 19:33
What do you all think of this? Who is Adrian? Long time PPRuNer or just strong advocate.

Anyway, he's shaking things up over there. We appreciate the controversy, really. Is PPRuNe really old school? Anyway, pretty neat site and polling system.

<A HREF="http://airlinerumor.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=724094572&f=555094572&m=952094134" TARGET=_blank>http://airlinerumor.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=724094572&f=555094572&m=95209 4134
</A>

Doctor Bob

CargoRat2
24th Nov 2000, 19:44
Methinks your going to get shot!

------------------
rgds Rat

Capt PPRuNe
24th Nov 2000, 19:53
No problem with a bit of free advertising for anothert forum basing itself on PPRuNe but it goes to Aircrew Notices and not Rumours & News.

Sorreeee!

------------------
Capt PPRuNe
aka Danny Fyne
The Professional Pilots RUmour NEtwork

Biggles Flies Undone
24th Nov 2000, 20:07
Quite a nice site with some good features, but I did feel a lack of the warmth and humour that pervades the PPRuNe hallways.

ANYWAY – no Jet Blast, so us low lifes from the PPRuNe basement will probably stay put! :)

redsnail
25th Nov 2000, 02:15
No JetBlast so I guess it will be safe from some of the "out there" folks.
Whaddya mean "low lifes"? :)

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

The Boy Lard
25th Nov 2000, 16:10
Just had a look, just seems to be a watered down PPrune to me, I think I'll be staying put.

TBL

------------------
Flying is fun, not funny

PPRuNe Towers
25th Nov 2000, 21:40
Good luck to them I say.

One of the things we neglect to mention with so many joining in the last couple of years is how thoughts of PPRuNe first came to be spoken.

Danny, PPRuNe Radar and I all met on US based boards (Compuserve's Avsig and Avsup sections).

Thoroughly enjoyed them but the unrelenting 'American-ness' of the content grew a bit thin and wearing at times. It was our problem not theirs and PPRuNe came about to cater for Liverpool, Fraggle Rock and Prestwick. Just grew a bit more than intended that's all.....

Now in turn they like the concept but it's all a bit too foreign for them. Thus a more locally targetted setup to suit their tastes.

As to the bells and whistles, well we've got them all in the basement and two red hot coders on the team in the shape(?) of Crashdive and PPRuNe Dispatch.

However, as long as so many PPRuNers are in parts of the world that don't have US standards of comms, pay by the minute or are using credit card swipe portals we continue to keep the system as lean and mean as possible.

So horses for courses and, like I said at the start, good luck to them.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

Constable Clipcock
25th Nov 2000, 23:08
The PPRuNe Basement, BFU?

Don't forget the PPRuNe Catacombs, or the all-important PPRuNe Sewer!

mriya225
26th Nov 2000, 04:37
Deja vu...

:rolleyes:

Anybody got an aspirin???!

------------------
Un diva très doué.

PPRuNe Towers
26th Nov 2000, 05:24
Those areas are reserved for lawyers Clipcock.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

mutt
26th Nov 2000, 10:57
Towers,

Thanks for remembering that some of us live in the third world!!!

Mutt

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 27 November 2000).]

What_does_this_button_do?
27th Nov 2000, 15:32
There is a poll on AirlineRumour - which is the best site. If you click here you will see the result thus far. (http://airlinerumor.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=724094572&f=555094572&m=952094134&showpollresults=Y)

Velvet
27th Nov 2000, 17:53
Whoooo to have inherited not only Captain Ed, but also ******!!! Perhaps they'd take the Numbers Bandit as well. :)

Still wish them well - they look to have made a good start

------------------
The first myth of management is that it exists

the wizard of auz
29th Nov 2000, 15:05
C'mon Velvet my lil sweet pea......who is ******?
I'm just busting to Know.
P.S. How are ya darling? :)

Velvet
29th Nov 2000, 18:03
Hiyah Wiz honey - I'm fine, but I miss you and Wizlet in chat. Give her hugs for me.

I'm sure I typed ******, but somehow Prune musta taken exception to that name.

Edit: Goodness it does - you can't type s k y g o d

------------------
The first myth of management is that it exists

[This message has been edited by Velvet (edited 29 November 2000).]

hailstone
4th Dec 2000, 15:10
velvet - i could have sworn that you had typed *****, then again i might be wrong

Velvet
4th Dec 2000, 17:42
No hailstone not *****, ******!