PDA

View Full Version : Eurocopter in Aberdeen???

T4 Risen
28th Jan 2009, 20:48
In The press and Journal today, Eurocopter building training and support in Aberdeen!!

Eurocopter UK commits to new training and service base at Dyce - Press & Journal (http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1050411)

Maybe the North sea isnt in such a big decline as everybody thought?

Barndweller
29th Jan 2009, 08:25
Interesting. Is the 225 sim that they mention going to be run by Helism or someone else?

detgnome
29th Jan 2009, 11:47
I thought that Bristows were building a 225 sim - is this the same one in some kind of partnership or an additional one (seems unlikely) ?

T4 Risen
29th Jan 2009, 13:21
As far as i can see it is a seperate one to Bristow. Tis the sort of thing that should have been done 15 years ago. Looking at the number of employees it intends to have 10-15 it cant be that big???

Would have thought they would have been better doing it on southern north sea where work seems to be picking up.

T4

detgnome
29th Jan 2009, 14:37
Before this latest iteration, it was going to be CHC with an L2 sim (and possible a 139 sim) and Bristows with a 225 sim. Seemed quite sensible as Bristows could flog 3rd party work to Scotia and Bond, and Scotia could do the same to Bond. Does seem to be overkill if this is the case.

Special 25
29th Jan 2009, 16:22
I was quite sensible before. You wait and see the charges that Eurocopter hope to achieve and hopefully that'll keep the Bristow and CHC Sims busy !

I think there was going to be a partnership between one of the companies and Eurocopter / HeliSim but their charges proved a bit extortionate.

Link here:
helicopter, military helicopters, naval helicopters, EC175 - Eurocopter (http://www.eurocopter.com/publications/FO/scripts/newsFO_accueil_iframe.php?arbo=1&noeu_id=42&lang=EN#)

DOUBLE BOGEY
30th Jan 2009, 08:53
CHC are currently building a 332L2 sim at Aberdeen, legs in place waiting for the wobbly bit that goes on top. There is space for another sim in the facility but the moves of Bristows and Eurocopter I suspect will delay the decision as to what type of sim goes in the other slot as probably none of the stakeholders wants to end of with duplicate provisions when there is a golden opportunity to provide a NS fleet coverage of sims.

Its been a long time coming!!!

I watched with dismay when CHC hacked down the original sim building at Aberdeen to make way for a car park. This time they have hacked into the car park to make another sim building, easy to be cynical but I guess the important thing is we have progress at last (sure will miss the delights of Norway and France though!!)

fluffy5
31st Jan 2009, 04:29
Sorry to go slightly of topic, but what would be the ball park figure that eurocopter would be charging to train a pilot for type up there.

chris.mcbrien
18th Feb 2009, 13:28
This Eurocopter training facility. Any chance they are hiring Flight Sim people locally? I did send a message to Eurocopter HR a while back and was told that it was all contained in a maintenance package. There was a advert for people in an agency down south but they declined to acknowledge.