PDA

View Full Version : CX Hiring

MitrePeak
28th Jan 2009, 19:13
Probably a '$64,000' question, but was just wondering if there are any rumours/indicators as to when CX might start offering courses to those with a 'YES' letter. ?

Saturn
28th Jan 2009, 19:34
Now that we are overstaffed and have MANY MANY crew who want any vacant positions, honestly and hopefully never! We have law suits galore going on and hiring off the street to fill vacancies within the company is unacceptable period. Nothing against you but while we are bleeding and our management are asking for our help, they continue to have newbies with pay and allowances and hotel. It has gotten completely out of control and NR needs to go.

MitrePeak
28th Jan 2009, 20:30
hey, no problem, i hear what you are saying. .....Let's hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel !

blah blah blah
28th Jan 2009, 20:33
Cadets still going through. Lots of DEFO slots filled up last year so probably SO slots to come up first. Perhaps mid '10? All guess work, all the company is saying at the moment is no hiring in '09. That said I believe there are some second interviews still happening in '09 for guys who were first interviewed in '08.

When were you interviewed and for DEFO or SO?

MitrePeak
28th Jan 2009, 23:33
Thanks for the info. DEFO, Sept. '08.

Gaius Westman
31st Jan 2009, 12:12
Hope it goes well mate. I'd hope to interview for an SO slot. I have one good friend from 43 who has been there several years now. He got on as an SO on the 747 but is now an FO. He tells me now that because even the SOs will have lots of flight time, most the the hiring when it does open up will be for SO slots.

Gaius

Silver Spur
19th Feb 2009, 11:17
Hi MitrePeak,

I am in the same position as you are except that I am a DESO. In case you have not looked up "Cathay start date" in this forum, have a look, might give you a better idea.

All the best