PDA

View Full Version : Harrier at NCL

SFCC
28th Jan 2009, 18:44
Top marks to the chappie that got it back to NCL in one piece. I bet your beer never tasted so good!:ok:

SFCC
28th Jan 2009, 19:21
Sorry chap. Wrong company

Bob Viking
28th Jan 2009, 19:33
Care to post a photo, or anything that might explain what the hell you'e talking about?!
BV:sad:

WolvoWill
28th Jan 2009, 20:08
Photos are available over an UKAR....basically ZD433 had to divert into Newcastle as somehow it lost a large portion of the canopy. Not sure how it happened as I'm not at Newcastle or associated with the Harrier force in anyway way shape or form, but if I had to hazard a guess I'd say birdstrike....

12 twists per inch
28th Jan 2009, 20:23
It was viciously attacked by an AAR basket

Lyneham Lad
28th Jan 2009, 21:22
Here you go - UKAR link (http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5497)

Double Zero
29th Jan 2009, 18:53
As the stickers are over the aft equipment bay & nose kit hingeline, I presume they're to prevent or at least show if anyone's been peering where they shouldn't...

In the good old days I'd think some poor sod/s would have been left to guard it !

Looks like someone had an interesting moment, the obvious snag being if the canopy was partially damaged it might remove the option of ejecting even if one felt like it.

I remember some time ago a chap in an RAF fast jet ( forget the type ) flew home after a birdstrike with the MDC tangled around his neck !

sycamore
29th Jan 2009, 21:14
Did the basket have `hair` around it ?....perhaps not,if he was a sailor..