PDA

View Full Version : An JAA TypeRating + LineTraining Course for A320?

BoostPump
28th Jan 2009, 18:34
Good evening to everybody.
Can someone please give me more solutions as TRTOs or FTOs that can offer this kind of courses?
I read a lot of thinks about EagleJet International , CTC , ATP , Sabena Flight Academy , Pan Am Flight Academy and everyones has something wrong or worst than others :ugh:.
So please someone can help me to find one of that course in America, Europe or Asia?
Thanks a lot guys .

BoostPump

Founder
28th Jan 2009, 19:27
I bought a type-rating on the A320 from Sabena, looked for jobs for 8 months and I was then contacted by a company that I did not apply to who had gotten my CV from Sabena... This company was Onur Air in Turkey. I worked there for 9 months and now I have been hired by Thomas Cook.

And I didn't pay a cent for line-training... dont pay to work! there are jobs if you are patient...

Last year in april I had 4 different companies contact me about jobs...

dartagnan
28th Jan 2009, 19:39
right, you don't need to pay, because if you pay, they will kick you out and you will have to redo a new line training.:eek:

many guys here, came back with empty pocket and crying for mama because the company took their $.You have to be an idiot to pay an airline to work!

I know guys with low hours who found job on 737/320 without paying one peny.They have just applied and one day the got the job!

Norrington
28th Jan 2009, 19:44
Good for you Founder, but do you honestly think the market is the same 2009 as in spring 2008?! I don't know if you are just naive, but to give BoostPump the impression that it's a good idea to buy a A320 TR in the current market situation is just stupid.

BoostPump
28th Jan 2009, 21:03
Thanks guys for prompt answer...
Norrington do you thik that is so stupid to make up a self sposored TR for an A320? I'm thinking on it beause after that and after some experience like 300hour on Airbus there are more opportunites to find job.. isn't it?
However thanks a lot for your sincerity.

TheFlyingDJ
28th Jan 2009, 21:44
You should try and look for the CTC program. If you pass that selection then most of it will be paid for.
Getting the type rating on your own is only a good idea when you've got a firm written offer.
And about paying for line training, just do not think about it. You will be disrespected and banned.
Also there are airlines who can hire you without a rating and bond you for lets say 3 years and pay your rating.
I would try CTC first for sure.

FrankAbagnale
28th Jan 2009, 21:54
I am on the same boat as Boostpump....:}

ford cortina
29th Jan 2009, 07:00
Guys, at the moment 300 hours on type is nothing... Sorry

I like planes & stuf
29th Jan 2009, 07:02
Don't whore yourself for line-hours, do you have no self-worth? :ugh::ugh::ugh:

happyjack
29th Jan 2009, 07:10
Are you mad? There are litterally thousands upon thousands of type rated experienced Captains and F/O's out of work right now with no prospects of work in the immediate future and you are thinking of wasting money on a rating??? :confused:

dartagnan
29th Jan 2009, 19:00
the guys who have paid for line training and 300 hours, have less chance to get a job than a guy with type rating and no hours.

simple, who will you hire, the guy with 300h and want a salary as a first officer, or a newbie ready to work for free.
I dont think the guy who paid for 300hours is ready again to pay another 300hours?

in time of crisis, airlines look for cheap monkeys.
get a clue, you have no more chance to get a job with 300-500h.

these pay to work schemes are a scam.:=
keep your money, because when airlines & corporates will start to hire, they will tell you exactly what you need.

cessnagirl
31st Jan 2009, 00:30
There's a certain type of pilot that pays to work...........

-One that can't get a position on his/her own merit and has to buy experience to give themself an advantage on the jobs market.

-One who has more money than sense, as s/he could be one of those next winter on leave while all the newbies are flying for nothing.

-Stop ruining the industry for yourselves and others, stop wasting your hard earned cash.

-No respectible airline will expect pilots to pay to fly. I know several people who have done this and are now out of work or on unpaid winter leave.

-If you are willing to work for nothing, then YOU ARE worth nothing!

-We as pilots are trained professionals, not a bunch of snotty nosed kids on yts work experience (and even these don't pay to work), for goodness sake have some respect for yourselves.

-Realistically what other profession out there expects people to pay to work? Think about it.

zakka
31st Jan 2009, 19:07
I bought a type-rating on the A320 from Sabena, looked for jobs for 8 months and I was then contacted by a company that I did not apply to who had gotten my CV from Sabena... This company was Onur Air in Turkey. I worked there for 9 months and now I have been hired by Thomas Cook.

And I didn't pay a cent for line-training... dont pay to work! there are jobs if you are patient...

Wow, you really did well there. You probably only paid 20-25000 euros for your rating, so well done not paying to work :ugh:

Come on guys!! Time for reality check. You will only ruin this already deteriorating business by paying for type ratings and line training. If you want to pay to fly then you should have gotten a PPL-IR and fly as a hobby!! If you are paying to work you are not welcome in this business.

south coast
1st Feb 2009, 10:22
This is such a difficult debate because there are valid reasons for both arguments.

Paying, lowers the overall T&C's of industry.

After having invested so much into initial training, a further investment in ones employability might be the difference between getting a job or not.

A real difficult balance.

But, I do wish the likes of cessnagirl would get off their high horse and stop with your self righteous preaching.

Cessnagirl said, 'If you are willing to work for nothing, then YOU ARE worth nothing!'

So does that statement mean all charity workers and volunteers are worth nothing?

What gives you the right to judge peoples' worth?

By all means have an opinion on 'paying for line training', but like the vast majority of us, I bet you paid for your initial flight training yourself, so you invested in your career and those who pay for ratings and line training feel they are just making a further investment.

Did I pay for my rating and line training, no,do I agree with it, no, I was lucky to get a job without having to go down that road, but people do what they feel they have to.

I am sure, no one chooses to pay an extra 20-30k if they dont have to, and I am sure it is not a small decision to make, so just relax with your preaching.

ford cortina
1st Feb 2009, 10:39
In my humble opinion people who tend to Preach don't pay etc.... Are not in the position to pay for a Type Rating and Hours. They are looking for that first job.

The world does not owe you any favours, end of.

So to Cessna girl and others who have such bitterness to their fellow pilots I say this, grow up.
To those who won't or cannot pay for Type Ratings and Line Training, have you ever wondered how hard it is for someone to do this?? I very much doubt it.
If Ryanair offered you a job Cessna girl, would you not take it? You have to pay for your type rating?

The world is not perfect, people will do whatever suits them. No one is interested in preserving T's and C's for you, they are only interested in the most important person in the world to them, themselves.
Sorry to ruin your fantasy world

BelArgUSA
1st Feb 2009, 11:54
Hola South Coast -
There are a few things you do, and a few things you never do when trying to get pilot jobs.
xxx
Do not buy a type rating. Why...?
Type rating or not (say A320), you have to do our A320 course anyway.
No savings to the airline.
We are required to give you 160 hours of classroom training in any case.
And 16 hrs of simulator time, 8 hrs PF training, 8 hrs PNF support.
Then a simulatot base check. All maneuvers required for initial.
xxx
Do not buy 100, or 300 hours line experience. Why again...?
You have to observe (jump seat) 4+ legs on the line.
Then you have to complete 12.5 hrs of line training, RHS, in any case.
Line check on last sector. No savings to the airline again.
xxx
With your "300 hrs" of line experience you bought, you might have picked some "nasty" SOPs.
Extra cost to the airline, to train you to our standards.
You might say "type rating + line experience proves your ability to be A320 F/O".
Instead, we put you in a MD80 or 737 simulator after initial interview to see you perform.
That is part of the pre-hire process, besides medical and a written general aviation test.
We can see at once how much of a pilot you are. Airmanship can be assessed immediately.
xxx
As you see, a type rating and line experience is not in your favor.
xxx
When I was doing interviews with the chief pilot, we both were conservative old farts.
For me, those who spend a fortune for rating/experience are spoiled brats.
Spoiled brats who are trying to beat the system "personal qualifications" with money.
Why would you not offer me US$1000 under the table if I say "you are hired"...?
For me, it is about the same thing.
xxx
That will eventually be known by your colleagues, who had a hard time to qualify.
I suppose if they have a pilot strike, you will fly free while they picket at the airport...?
xxx
You probably never knew about the Continental Airlines strike in the USA, and Frank Lorenzo.
And the same Frank Lorenzo, with the Eastern Airlines (USA) and its demise.
The pilots who crossed the picket lines were earmarked as "scabs" for the rest of their career.
Their name appeared on ALPA member list. They could never be hired by ALPA airlines again.
Hope this be a lesson to you.
It is tough to get a job, I agree, but everyone is victim of the economy.
xxx
:suspect:
Happy contrails

south coast
1st Feb 2009, 12:33
I am afraid your points are specific to perhaps your company.

There are indeed many companies that if you buy their type rating and line training then they will give you a job after...so that dismisses most of your points.

Dont get me wrong, I dont agree with people doing it, the point I was making is I can understand why people consider it.

It is also pathetic to generalise that all people who pay for ratings or line training are all spoilt brats.

You are entitled to your opinion on it just like those who choose to pay for ratings are, what I do disagree with is, you feel your opinions are more right than those who choose to have a different point of view.

You are not automatically right, so just accept the fact that people see things differently and make choices which you dont always like.

BelArgUSA
1st Feb 2009, 13:11
We have never hired anyone who bought line experience.
Yes, we hired people with type ratings, but often with other types.
Very few people in South America could afford such training costs.
You have NO guarantee that you will be hired after buying time.
As far as our company standards, essentially same as US/FAR 121.
xxx
I do judge people by their own merit, not their financial abilities.
Driving a Porsche does not give anyone better space in our crew parking.
Simply stated - we are from different generation, background and ideas.
xxx
:}
Happy contrails