PDA

View Full Version : AA 51 Nov / 3 LGW-DFW

SEATSELLER
15th Oct 2000, 20:30
Sorry but here goes another FD visit request

I know that guests on the FD are not going to be that welcome these days, and I can imagine that they can be a pain. But, I'm on the AA51 on the 3/11/00 and I was wondering if I could come up front for a few minutes during the flight. I'm not a Jorno and I have very good FD etiquette skills. I'm interested in the MD-11 and wouldlike to see the sharp end.

Check 6
15th Oct 2000, 21:32
Seatseller, unless you are a commercial pilot under U.S. FAR 121 or 135, U.S. regulations prohibit "in flight" visits to the flight deck. The rules are different for U.S. Flag Carriers. In the U.S., "jumpseating" means you actually become a member of the crew of the respective flight. I am assuming you are referring to American Airlines flt #51. But, please do get a visit prior to engine start.

Check 6

------------------
Kick the tires, light the fires, first off is lead, brief on guard.

SEATSELLER
15th Oct 2000, 21:40
grazie tanto for the info Check 6...I'd be surprised if I'm welcome pre departure, they'll be too busy I would of thought.

But I'll be at the gate early just in case.

McD
16th Oct 2000, 07:57
As an AA Pilot, I can tell you that we DO accomodate visitors to the cockpit prior to the flight, workload permitting.

Just ask. If the pilots are too busy at that moment for pre-flight visitors, they will tell you. But usually it's not a problem at all.

Flying Lawyer
16th Oct 2000, 09:06
Apologies for "rubbing it in' but I was in the cockpit for a landing at Chicago O"Hare last week. Very exciting - I've never seen so many aircraft in the air at the same time.
Strange sensation to see a 727 taxiing across the threshold (at about 100 kts) when we were on short finals!

MORAL: FLY BRITISH CARRIERS!

Avman
16th Oct 2000, 10:41
So that's why we ATC people can't get into the FD these days......bloody lawyers again!!
I've a good mind to sue you. On second thoughts........ :)

PPRuNe Radar
19th Oct 2000, 23:04
Avman,

If you're a UK NATS controller and your unit has arrangments then you can jumpseat on US airlines. I've flown with TWA and American. Rides are also available from Continental and United.

------------------
PPRuNe Radar
ATC Forum Moderator
[email protected]