PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Navigation Exam - AFT

oneday_soon
28th Jan 2009, 10:43
Hi All

Can anyone share their recent experience with the ATPL NAv exam who may have used AFT - Nathan Higgins courseware.

Just keen to see if his practice questions are close to the real thing.

Looking at doing it soon.

Cheers

startingout
28th Jan 2009, 11:06
almost spot on is the answer i can give you, i did it in november. :ok:

AerocatS2A
28th Jan 2009, 11:09
Very close to the real thing.

Use the airservices enroute charts, NOT the Jepp charts. The questions are designed to be plotted on the Aussie charts and if you use the Jepps you may find yourself trying to draw a line between two charts on opposite sides of the same piece of paper.

Howard Hughes
28th Jan 2009, 21:03
One of the few places in Aviation I've never heard a bad word about! Although I have never been there, they are clearly the BEST!:ok:

rvert1
28th Jan 2009, 23:48
Regarding the AFT course, is the cost a tax deductable? Am looking at booking in to knock over the remaining four subjects, not enough time to self study at the mo. :cool:

Howard Hughes
29th Jan 2009, 00:00
I claimed all the costs (including travel) related to gaining my ATPL. If you are currently employed in the industry it is self education!:ok:

oneday_soon
29th Jan 2009, 00:18
Thanks for the replies. Can anyone answer this about the ERC low and High charts used for the Nav exam.

Does the exam change that much that I couldn't use charts that were printed for 2008, or does it not matter too much if the charts were printed in the last 6 moths.

startingout
29th Jan 2009, 09:14
The Perth ERC High changed alot in the latest edition, light blue ones. :ok: other then that i used all my old ones and didnt have a problem so you'll be right for the sake of 10$ to replace number 5 i think