PDA

View Full Version : Warbirds over Southern Sydney?

goin'flyin
28th Jan 2009, 10:21
Anyone know what the 3 aircraft were doing over the Sutherland area this morning? (28/1/09)

2 warbirds in reasonably close formation followed by another aerobatic looking aircraft trailing them in loose formation.

The 3 of them flew a number of passes over the area between approx 10am and 11am.

I snapped a couple of pics as they went over, but the camera is now at home and i'm in Adelaide. I'll check out the photo's when i get home and put some up if they came out.

Anyone with details of what and why?

muffman
28th Jan 2009, 10:35
I too saw this and wondered what it was about. To me the trailing aeroplane looked high wing but couldn't make out what the two lead aeroplanes were.

I thought I'd finally lost it when I heard the sound of three aeroplanes in close proximity whilst not at work.

Sir HC
28th Jan 2009, 10:39
By the looks of another thread running here, they were saying goodbye to a fellow airman, Tom Moon.

Feather #3
28th Jan 2009, 19:17
Just for the sake of accuracy, the "T28" is actually a Boomerang!

G'day ;)

Mick.B
28th Jan 2009, 20:24
Nice tribute to a top bloke.

ausindo
29th Jan 2009, 07:02
Hey guys,

I was at Bankstown near CASA's office and I saw 2 WW2 planes there, 1 was a Boomerang but I was not sure of the other, both of course were green, but the other plane which I could not identify had a white tail.

I am not sure if this is the one that you guys were talking about. they put these planes in the hanger I think opposite the UNSW building at Bankstown.

coke drinker
29th Jan 2009, 07:27
ausindo...Boomerang and Wirraway flew into Bankstown the night prior to the funeral.