PDA

View Full Version : Intercockpit type rating.

Flavio 8
28th Jan 2009, 08:42
Hi, I'm looking for a good FTO where doing a Type Rating on A320.
I would like to know if someone had some experience in Intercockpit, about the course I'm quite confident that has a hi standard level, but after that do you have more chance to get a job nearly?
Before start the type they make a pre selection or interview?

Thank you for your collaboration.

Ciao.
Flavio.

adverse-bump
28th Jan 2009, 21:33
idiot.
:ugh:

DONT PAY TO FLY

mikehammer
29th Jan 2009, 17:19
idiot.
:ugh:

DONT PAY TO FLY

Who paid for your license? Nobody offered to pay for mine. So I paid. However I say sorry to nobody, because it was nobody's business but my own. Calm down.

Superpilot
29th Jan 2009, 18:16
What a bunch of idiotic responses to a genuinely innocent and reasonable question. The guy enquired about a TRTO. Where did he mention he was interested in 'paying to fly' type line training schemes? Paying for a type rating is NOT 'paying to fly'. RTFQ.

Flavio 8
30th Jan 2009, 08:09
Thank you for your gently reply!
I donn't have to tell you more because all understand who is the real f. idiot.

:D

Good luck man!

Day_Dreamer
30th Jan 2009, 10:06
King Chav

Why are US pilots paying for type rating ?

Simple answer is they "Want a job" and there are no reasonable paying jobs unless they go down this route.

I support anyone who gets off their butts to get a job rather than the wingers on here who complain about SSTR's.

Should I be recruiting I would rather see a guy or girl who has made use of the available employment through paying for a rating than some waster who has sat on their butt doing little or nothing for a year or more.

Anyone looking out for number one and paying for a type rating to get a job has my vote every time.

And I have been in this job for over 35 years and know the industry.

Never pay for just a rating unless you have a job confirmed subject to your course completion.

5 RINGS
30th Jan 2009, 10:12
the thing is Flavio, that I once had a written employment offer which required me to undertake a TR...and guess what that was a pure scam...luckily I realized that before spending any money...

Finding a job was long and painful, it took me year to build up time and finally find a decent employer who paid for my TR (on a TP, never had a sniff of a jet so far) and paid me full salary form day 1 in the company.

I also know loads of guys that are still out of job with their fading TR...and I only have one example close to me that succeeded in his career by buying an Airbus TR to get started...

the thing is, Intercockpit also runs a scheme at the moment for captains...requiring them to......pay..............can you see where all this goes?

Best of luck with your career mate.

Warlock1
19th Feb 2009, 06:23
one word of advice from someone who did his typre rating with intercockpit: DO NOT GO THERE!!!!
Their website tries to do all it can to show itself as Lufthansa subsidiary which they are not. During the training, they were extremely unprofessional with shortage of instructors and no set training guidlines. MCC was a complete joke and virtually non existent. I can go on and on for hours but instead, take it from me and do yourself a huge favour: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

MainDude
25th Apr 2009, 20:05
Their website tries to do all it can to show itself as Lufthansa subsidiary which they are not. During the training, they were extremely unprofessional with shortage of instructors and no set training guidlines.

I went to Intercockpit, for ATPL Theory, CPL+ME+IR, MCC & TR 737. Sure there are things they can improve, but overall it was a good education. For TR, I had exclusively retired Lufthansa Training Captains. The training is based on LH SOP's and methodology. The name also goes a long way in interviews, no one cares if it's Lufthansa proper or not. Fact is it's part of the group, all training takes place at LH facilities & you get a good foot in to LH world. The link to Lufthansa also helped me get a job where there were none around.

The airline where I work also respects Intercockpit as a leading school & prefers ICT students over others. PM me if anyone wants details.