PDA

View Full Version : Instructors- any slowdown at your School??

Gearupandorrf
28th Jan 2009, 01:44
Hi Guys,

Just a quickie for all the Instructors out there- with all of the "doom and gloom" headlines doing the rounds in the media- has there been a noticeable slowdown at your school yet?

Would like to know, as I have a vested interest (starting full time Instructors' Course soon).

Cheers,
Gearup.:ok:

strim
28th Jan 2009, 02:54
No slow down at all, in fact, quite the opposite.

the wizard of auz
28th Jan 2009, 03:34
A friend of mine who owns a flying school has said the same thing. more work than usual. Must be all the redundancy pay outs. they think they are going into the flying biz and gunna make the big bucks. :E

coke drinker
28th Jan 2009, 03:44
Always going to be a lot of rich people learning how to fly...no matter what the economy holds.

The_Pharoah
28th Jan 2009, 03:51
"lot of rich people"

not necessarily mate...a lot of those 'rich' people earn the avg salary but save up for years or borrow heavily to finance. :}

Ultralights
28th Jan 2009, 07:37
since closing of Hoxton, and the move to bankstown, were as busy as ever!

Unhinged
28th Jan 2009, 07:57
Flown > 90 hours instruction for January so far, and still a couple of flying days to go on the roster this month. No slowdown that I can see !

patienceboy
28th Jan 2009, 08:08
Maybe it is the flow on from the 'Pilot Shortage' propaganda advertised over the last 18 months?

flysaucer1200
28th Jan 2009, 08:47
I heard that Basair was slowing on the weekends, and slowing in the area of training locals, but still busy on weekdays and most especially busy with training students from India

Heard from my friend

Fs1200:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok::ok: