PDA

View Full Version : Loose talk costs Lives!

78deg
14th Sep 2001, 15:29
Dear All
There are a few threads that are discussing possible airbourn counter-measures to a hi-jack.
IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THEY ARE NOT DISCUSSED HERE.

Danny will you remove said threads.

The Guvnor
14th Sep 2001, 16:00
78deg - somehow I doubt that professional, well organised terrorists will be reading PPRuNe to get a handle on how to take over an aircraft ... nor do I think they will have been inacapable of coming up with the suggestions (even some of the whackier ones) that have been mooted here. :D :rolleyes: :D

VFE
14th Sep 2001, 19:22
What makes you so certain The Guvnor? Seems quite a logical idea to me.
And since when have terrorist hijackers warranted the grandiose title of professional? I have always taken professional to mean someone belonging to a profession. Hardly the case with terrorists, however well organised they are.

78deg has a valid point IMHO so please wind your neck in a little Guv and use your loaf more.

VFE.

skua
14th Sep 2001, 19:50
I think that PPrune is now to some extent the victim of its own success. It has become quite widely known. As any community grows in size, it gets more difficult to know everybody on it. We are open to visitors (and new joiners) , and in a sense, long may it remain so.

But it is obvious that these toerags were very well organised. They must have some good research capabilities. So a degree of circumspection is required.

What gets me as well is that those b*****rds have defiled the profession of pilots. They entered our vocation to use it for such evil ends. The rest of the world will look on pilots in a slightly different light from now.