PDA

View Full Version : DGCA CPL Conversion Exams

Pages : [1] 2

nikaviator
26th Jan 2009, 15:38
Hi, I hold a faa cpl and am in the process of converting to an Indian DGCA cpl, can anyone kindly recommend some good coaching centers for composite and air regulations exams in New Delhi ? I will be appearing for the April session exams. Thanks!

COCOCHANEL
26th Jan 2009, 17:05
Dear Nikaviator

I just cleared my dgca papers a few months back and highly recommend Tapash Kar, a pilot and ground instructor, I passed with above average marks in composite and regs in the very first attempt , small class, all of us passed, an excellent instructor for cpl exams, you can reach him on mobile no 9910405911…. A couple of friends have taken classes with Surinder Singh, large class, with mixed results, he is quite famous in delhi and have been teaching for a few years, don’t have his no. …. Good Luck!

nikaviator
27th Jan 2009, 07:23
Full money back!!! :confused: It seems like the teachers are not confident about the outcome of their students. I am not looking to shop a TV OR IPOD here. I’ve got six months time in my hands before my currency will lapse and I don"t want to become a victim of someone's experiment coz if i fail the 30k moneyback will not help me as i need another 2.5 lakhs for my recency. I am looking for an instructor with whom my probability of passing first time around is high and the rest, as usual, always depends upon the student thatz me...Anyways thank you very much and lemme know when there is an offer to payback for recency as well then the risk would be worth taking :)

bad_attitude
27th Jan 2009, 10:40
mate you got the all india directory! very nice! :ok::ok::ok:

nikaviator
27th Jan 2009, 11:46
Wow, thanks a lot Divine Soul! As bad attitude said, very nice. COCOCHANEL, can you please send me the address of your instructor, wondering if he is close to where I am--small classes, and the pass rate in your class sounds great :ok:

nikaviator
27th Jan 2009, 17:26
Thanks, COCOCHANEL!

COCOCHANEL
29th Jan 2009, 15:46
You are welcome....best of luck, hope you pass the april exam. The 6 month recency, day and night checks for SE and ME is such a bummer!

mannymux
1st Feb 2009, 23:45
If anyone knows any instructors who are teaching classes in Chennai, could you please give me their names and contact? Thanks...

bad_attitude
5th Feb 2009, 04:23
"Full money back!!! http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/confused.gif It seems like the teachers are not confident about the outcome of their students."

@nika: there are always two ways of looking at things. maybe it's the opposite. maybe they are so confident that they're sure everyone will pass!

the door has been shown to you, you have to walk it. :ok:

in any case, the DGCA has been made into such a big issue. and to top it all everyone in this country loves to do "coaching" ... if you were so worried about your recency, you should have started studying on your "own" way back for the DGCA, rather than wait till the very end and try and take some short cut by taking classes and hope the guy at the black/white board magically makes you pass.

anyways, just my 2 cents ... good luck! :ok:

bad_attitude
5th Feb 2009, 10:32
agent123, how did you come across this statistic?

mithuldas
5th Feb 2009, 14:04
It is a rumour that has been circulating for a while now, although nobody is able to back it up with facts.

bad_attitude
5th Feb 2009, 18:49
the FAA's a cakewalk. can't say much about canada or australia.

in any case, there is such a thing as RTI, high time some one started exercising it.

nikaviator
6th Feb 2009, 03:43
@bad attitude, hang on a minute-wait till the end? Before making any more presumptuous statements, you don’t live in my house to be an authority to decide whether I have studied before hand or not. Failure rate in the DGCA Nav exams is 80-90%. I don’t have a macho attitude, with that kind of statistics it would be taking too big a risk to attempt the exams without guidance eventhough I’ve studied the GSP . No ground instructor conducts coaching for DGCA CPL exams for one year, it’s always 2-3 months before the exams session. If you can’t give any good advise please don’t give a bad one either. Taking coaching classes is not a short cut. It is a safe execution. A good pilot should be prepared not unprepared.

Agent 123, even if DGCA randomly fails 500 students, that does not mean a student should go unprepared. Regarding recency, you learns to live with failure after you fail not before, so I don’t think one should have a loser attitude. Taking coaching is not an easy way out, one still has to work very hard, and if "safest way out" does not help, then please let me know which unsafe way will :)

TiredCRJDriver
6th Feb 2009, 10:05
Not defending the DGCA, WPC, or the system(s) in India. Yes, this country is eons behind, and has potential that will NEVER be realized. However there are opportunities in aviation, if one is willing to work towards, even in India.

It’s not always easy for a CPL holder to get that proverbial “break”. Try helping yourselves and each other by doing the following:

1. DO NOT pay an employer for your job.
2. DO NOT pay for Type Ratings.
3. Qualify yourself (i.e. convert your Foreign License to a DGCA license) and stay current. You do not need to go to “coaching centers”. Ask around for help. Folks will be willing to lend you their notes/study material for FREE!
4. Avoid getting into pissing contests with the DGCA, WPC, the Indian Government, etc…they always win.
5. Times are tough, if circumstances permit look for flying jobs around the world. It doesn’t matter how menial they sound (bush flying, flight instruction, pipeline patrol, aerial tours, etc). It will make you a better pilot, and maybe even a better person. They can and never will be a substitute for “experience”.

This post is not a flame bait. If I have offended anyone’s sensibilities, I apologize.

I, like most you reading/posting on this forum am Indian who experienced much the same stuff. However there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Try not to get financially exploited.

[email protected] ([email protected])

avicon
6th Feb 2009, 12:17
Can somebody please tell me on what date the April conversion tests will be conducted?

When do they close application for this batch? How many centres are there and are they all full?

Can the coaching for conversion be done in 30 days.

Thanks a lot in advance.

bad_attitude
6th Feb 2009, 14:16
aussie mate, let the results for the jan session come out, they will have the preliminary dates for the april attempt.

walia_airbourne
6th Feb 2009, 18:17
"You do not need to go to “coaching centers”. Ask around for help. Folks will be willing to lend you their notes/study material for FREE!"

The information provided by you is helpful but I would like to give some light to the fact that you shared with us which has been quoted above.
Sharing my own experience I have noticed, for a conversion exam which I attended you cannot entirely depend on the notes because there comes a point when you need a teacher who can give you some explanations .I do know that there are plenty of notes being circulated in the market but for passing these DGCA exams you have to have some backing, where the teacher's role comes into play. Besides the notes are not given by the DGCA, so it is not official like fhe FAA question bank many students waste a year trying to pass the exams in 2 -3 sessions. Have you checked out the fail rate of the DGCA CPL exam? A lot pilots have walked that road and ended up going to coaching classe after a few attempts. Choosing a good instructor is important, word of mouth from people you know count.

Well here my point lies in a simple fact: Provided with as many fat books as you may you might not understand a bit if not given some help from outside(in this case tutors, teachers) for these DGCA exams.

walia_airbourne
9th Feb 2009, 16:06
Can somebody please tell me on what date the April conversion tests will be conducted?

The dates for April exams will be released only when the january test's result are out. The way i think this time April exams will be in the 3rd or last week of april, but i suggest to constantly checkout for the dates in <<http://dgca.nic.in>>.

When do they close application for this batch? How many centres are there and are they all full?

The closing date will alo be given in the results for January test. I could'nt understand the last part of your question but will try to answer, the way i take it--there are four Examination centres in India i.e. Delhi, Mumbai, Kalcutta,Chenai.you can choose the nearest one to you for appearing for the exams. You can apply for it only when you have computer no. and the required amout of flying experience. for more PM/IM me. the submission of appliction for exams starts on the day of release of results of january exams. and goes for approx 2 weeks till closing date.

Can the coaching for conversion be done in 30 days.

I think, YES, you can do it in 1 month only if, and i repeat, only if you are commited towards it, Otherwise even if you put one year into it and are not committed enough you are very likely to be failing every time. Just go to the right tutor or coaching centre and devote 5-6 hours into it for individual study. I am sure you would pass.
the list for the tutors and coaching centtre is given in <<http://www.ippilots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116>>

walia_airbourne
9th Feb 2009, 16:59
If anyone knows any instructors who are teaching classes in Chennai, could you please give me their names and contact? Thanks...

Hey why dont you try this link <<http://www.ippilots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116>>
I know that there are not any chenai based instructors in the list but I sent it just to suggest you that please if you want to really pass the exams, go to New delhi or Mumbai. Actually New Delhi is the best. One of my good friends was also in chenai but preferred to come to New Delhi for his conversion exam. For any furthur details on the instructors based in New Delhi PM/IM me.

Schumi - Red Baron
10th Feb 2009, 12:46
Agent 123...

Lets say you spend something like Rs20 Lakh (~$50,000) on your training, and you finally do manage to convert your licence by going through the red tape that this wonderful Govt. of India and it's departments make you and everyone else go through.
You're sitting jobless at home for weeks together and then the weeks become months. Suddenly one day, you stumble upon some agent who promises you a job if you are willing to pay an amount upfront. (after you are given the Letter of Appointment and after you sign the company contract.), will you not grab it with both hands ? If your answer is negative, then all I can say is your loss is someone else's gain.

How many agents have you seen offering you a job with some sort of reward.....The only way getting into a major airlines in india is thru induction or good contacts with right people.....If you know any agent offering job PM me his details....I will pay double what he is asking....

This is similar to the above point. If you are not willing to pay for your type rating, then the company will choose someone else who will be gladly willing to do so. This is the worst and saddest outcome of OVER POPULATION in India. When there is a mad rat race, merit automatically takes a backseat and it's all about who has more money or "connections" ,,, or the Indian local term .. "JUGAAD".

Getting your Type rating is not a "JUGAAD"......It's merit...The person with type rating is more qualified than the person who doesn't has any.....In this over population how many pilots are there....I think india has less pilots than US.....

If you do A320 rating and then suddenly you find that there are openings in Jet airways for 737...Then what...You wasted your money thinking what the F*@K

Also rumour has it that some very popular instructors of these coaching centers have "connections" with the DGCA and get either the entire question paper or part of it "leaked" a day or two before the exams. "Astonishingly" the questions of Surinder's practice test (given to students a day prior to the actual DGCA tests) are remarkably similar !!

Last to last time in Oct,08 attempt......Nothing came from his questionaire....Only 3 questions worth 9 marks...Thats it....You pass only if you study...Thats it...Money cannot make you pass....It's an old tale....Now no paper leak and all that stuff....

They win if you dont bribe. You win and get your job done if you pay them cold hard cash. This is the harsh and bitter truth. Trust me, I know ATLEAST 30 people (not kidding) who have paid a MINIMUM of Rs 2 Lakhs as Bribe to DGCA guys to get their jobs done. There's a phenomenal amount of BLACK MONEY floating in India !!

India is a bureaucratic country....But it doesn't means that you need to bribe anyone....Do everything according to the book...It's hard...But no one told life is easy mate.....

As I had mentioned earlier ... All this feeling of patriotism and national pride in India is ONLY RESTRICTED to India-Pak cricket matches and during Independence day while watching some TV programs playing young children singing the national anthem and other songs.
In normal day to day life, each and every one is just waiting for some opportunity to stab each other's back, just to get one step ahead of the other.

Mate i think you never stepped out of your place.....Just try and socialize and you will have your answer on that....Stabbing others back is not about patriotism but about being self-righteous....

Cricket matches are not about patriotism but sportsmanship and spirit of the game....

You need to change your attitude if you want to work as a pilot ever....I have seen pilots been kicked out due to there attitude....

Regards
Schumi

Schumi - Red Baron
11th Feb 2009, 05:04
agent123

If cricket matches are about sportsmanship and NOT got anything to do with national feeling, would you care to explain the sheer passion, frustration, anger and fury of the crowds when India loses a Match ONLY to pakistan as opposed to say a loss against Australia or any other country ????

Patriotism is love of and devotion for your country. Not hatred for others. A cricket follower/fan is equally dissapointed when his/her team looses to any other team. And India pakistan is bit more like Australia and kiwis.....But in asia we just take it out of proportion....

Mate ! If you think leaking of DGCA exam papers and this "pay to pass exams" thing does not happen anymore, Im quite certain you are living under a rock ! ... or somewhere in Kanyakumari or Andaman/Nicobar islands... cut off from rest of the country. You'll be shocked to know just how much every guy/gal is willing to shell out to pass these papers and get their licences converted ASAP !!!

Are you confident on that??? I will pay you INR 30 lacs or more if you get me the dgca paper....

I agree there might be shop stewards, lazy, incompetent, whingers who can't study and are willing to shell out thier parents money...But how many actually got it done....There are many who want the paper to be leaked but can you get it done...nope....

About the "pay for job" thing. It is very much there in India.
It is something like the "NRI or management quota" system in Colleges and Universites in India .. where people who are unable to make it based on merit .. they end up paying a phenomenal amount and get a seat in a college of their choice and stream.
I had written about this in an earlier post. The ones who give a job upon payment of some money are not your usual agents, but rather HR managers/others in the Airline itself. Since there is no proper auditing system, such things go unnoticed.
Again ... you will be shocked how much money these people ask for the job and the number of guys/gals gladly willing to pay !It's like when there are 20 vacancies, 8 to 10 of them are PFJ (Pay for job).

Out of 4000 pilots i think such pilots will be like 100...Thats it...But what you said is true upto a point....And now there won't be any induction so i cannot imagine such procedures being followed anymore without any job in any airline....

It's sad but true how the aviation industry works....I think the whole aviation industry needs to be bit more transparent and a major change is required in industry.....

Regards
Schumi

NextGen73
14th Feb 2009, 05:26
Trying to prepare for my DGCA conversion. Which books do you all use to study. Most of training was done using Jeppessen. Where do I get the book that will help me with DGCA regulations. Any help will be highly appreciated.

justiceman
14th Feb 2009, 11:12
Does anayboy know One Capt Victor D zouza. he is in Sri lanka and his Contract was terminated by UL.

bugger is playing havoc here by eating out and taking helps by Students and fellow Pilots.

What a shame ,,,,,

mahi
15th Feb 2009, 15:44
Hi,

I have a FAA cpl and have attempeted the DCCA exms twice and did not pass. Do you know anyone who can help me If you know what I mean!!!
I would be grateful if you can kindly help me out.

Thanks
Regards
Mahesh

walia_airbourne
15th Feb 2009, 20:23
Trying to prepare for my DGCA conversion. Which books do you all use to study. Most of training was done using Jeppessen. Where do I get the book that will help me with DGCA regulations. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hi there NextGen73
Well since you are going to give the conversion exam I suggest to go for Ground Studies for Pilots series for Navigation, Radio Aids, Instrument Aids and yes of course, do study that Jeppessen books for Practical Met. This may be contrary to others who might say that Jeppessen is no good for Met. questions which come in DGCA composite test, but believe me this time in the January,2009 Paper there were more than 25 questions of Met. There were alot of practical met Ques. and if you knew your Jeppessen very well then it would be piece of cake for you.
But i suggest you to go to a good instructors for studying for the conversion exam, Because you have to agree that a teacher does make alot of things much simplified for you, given that you have to study for these tough papers of such vast syllabus in just 2 months time.You can get the list of instructors from <<http://www.ippilots.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=116>>
I think it might have helped.:ok:

CaptWUFF
26th Feb 2009, 19:52
Hey, anybody help me with the following questions issues I have with the conversion process:

1) How do I get a Verification Letter of my FAA License? I contacted them, and they told me:

" The FAA will respond directly to CAAs request for verification of US Airman Certificate . The FAA cannot verify a US airman certificate to a CAA a the request of the airman. "

2) I have a A-320 and a CL-604 Type rating on my FAA. Will they issue these on my Indian License upon applying for my indian license, or do I need to do something else?

3) I have a canadian CPL/Canadian RT, will they issue me a FRTOL on this basis?

4) Somebody explain me the flight test deal. I have 1000 Hours, and 500 Hours of Jet. I have 500 hours of Jet on a VT registered aircraft flying under FATA, do I really have to do PIC on a Multi and all the day and night stuff when I've done it in a Jet as SIC?

5) Anybody know who I can talk to in the DGCA about this, I keep calling them, but nobody ever answers!

6) I just finished my DGCA Class II, but they said it will take 2-3 months to get the results. I heard I can get an NOC based on my Class 1 FAA medical, and then apply for my Class 1 DGCA. Who do I get this NOC from, the Medical DGCA Head? Who is it? Is there one in bombay?

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm gonna show up to the DGCA, but I want to know something before they bite my head off!

+ Rate, Gear Up

WUFF WUFF

-Capt Wuff

ninja_turtle
27th Feb 2009, 06:44
One thing is for sure ..

If you go to DGCA and say

+ Rate Gear Up

Wuff Wuff ..

They will bite your head off anyways , no matter what you say ..

Keep it real man ..

CaptWUFF
27th Feb 2009, 08:35
Meow Meow?

COCOCHANEL
27th Feb 2009, 18:55
Captain wuff...

re: for verification of your FAA certificate and ratings, you can go to this website

Airmen Online Services (http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/airmen_services/)

create an account, then log in and request verification of certificate privileges. The FAA guys will email it to you in a pdf file immediately, and you can give that to the DGCA when converting your license.

re: Canadian RT
you need to do part I rt exams check the wpc website. Alternatively you can convert your FAA license to a Canadian one, only then can your canadian RT be directly converted without having to take the part I exams.

re: Medical

Talk to the present DGMS at the medical cell and ask him for the noc, dunno if you can do that from mumbai though.

re: jet rating plus day and night checks issue....beats me...dunno that one---ask the guys in the atpl threads, they should know.

check the dgca website www.dgca.nic.in (http://www.dgca.nic.in/) for the phone nos. they have an operator that actually answers, just keep trying all the numbers. I did find the guys who answered pretty helpful, ask for the licensing department.

Cheers!

flankerpilot
27th Feb 2009, 18:59
DGCA medicals are case in point of the idiotic "red tapism" present.

What normally should take a SINGLE day for a Class 1 , becomes an absolute nightmare in India.

WHY the hell cant they just appoint authorised AME's like the FAA for conducting the medicals ?

As for the conversion , anyone remember this old article ?

DNA: Mumbai: Tough exams aggravate pilot shortage (http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1135311)

The profiles of commercial pilots are changing, and so is the business of aviation and the technology of aircraft: we are trying to update study material accordingly. But this won't happen overnight. About the DGCA exams being the toughest to clear, well, that's because we maintain quality

:E

CaptWUFF
28th Feb 2009, 07:38
Thanks alot, I finally got the FAA to give me that same link you told me about, and I was emailed the verification letter. I really appreciate your help, good to know their are helpful pilots out there in aviation!

+ rate, gear up

WUFF WUFF

walia_airbourne
6th Mar 2009, 18:33
Hey people the results of DGCA are out. Hope you all best of luck :ok:

CaptWUFF
7th Mar 2009, 06:52
I passed the NAV exam (80/100) - Self Study!

ninja_turtle
7th Mar 2009, 10:52
Nicely done CaptWuff , Share with us how you went about your self study , what did you emphasise on ?

Schumi - Red Baron
7th Mar 2009, 12:45
Yup...that would be really nice... And has the exam format changed i.e. is it more practical or theoretical.....

COCOCHANEL
7th Mar 2009, 13:28
well done...any objectionable questions in the jan session?

strugglingpilot
15th Mar 2009, 05:34
hi cocochannel

i would like to know how to go about preparing for the navigation composite exam of dgca coz i have given a number of attempts and all the exams according to me were good and i hv always lost because of 2 to 3 marks except for this time around i lost with a huge margin wen i expected to clear.............how should i prepare for the exam and can i get sample question papers or a good amount of questions that would be helpful for the exam.............
also i would like to know what books to refer to.........????i dont have money to pay and clear the exam and i m capable of working hard do guide me..........waiting for ur reply will b obliged if u can guide me in the right direction so tht i can clear the april attempt exam

Regards
strugglingpilot

strugglingpilot
15th Mar 2009, 05:36
hey Capt WUFF i would like to know how did u clear the exam in the first attempt and can u gimme some notes or help so that i will be able to clear the april attempt of composite exam.........i have been struggling for an year to clear dgca compositr exam and i have begun to loose hope............moreover i cant pay tht huge a mount to clear the exam

CaptWUFF
15th Mar 2009, 09:45
I didnt see any objectional material. However, they worded things different...like for you "PNR" questions they used "Radius of Action". That kind of confused me for a bit, but with the information they gave me I figured it had to be PNR and not CP.

I would focus on the following:

=Payload
-CP/PNR
-Altimeter (traveling from high to low)
-Indian Weather - use the famous Jet air book its simple
Know the different seasons in India and what the winds do and the weather patterns - actually really useful and important to know this.
-Bearing to plot (Rhumb lines and Great Cicles)
-Performance

I think the above are the trickiest, but once you practice them alot you should be able to do them on the test with ease. If anybody needs help let me know, I can send somenotes and whatnot.

COCOCHANEL
15th Mar 2009, 14:10
....radius of action is PNR. Point of equal time (PET) and equi-time point (ETP) are CP, basics, but trust the DGCA to play around with words.

nikaviator
15th Mar 2009, 18:28
any more inputs from people who sat for the January exams would be appreciated. Like did you find that you had enough time to finish the exams and revise?

matthewgamm
16th Mar 2009, 15:41
Indian Weather - use the famous Jet air book its simple
Know the different seasons in India and what the winds do and the weather patterns - actually really useful and important to know this.

... I can send somenotes and whatnot I'd actually be interested, if you have notes on them.

Schumi - Red Baron
16th Mar 2009, 16:49
Yahh... it would be rather nice if i you could share some notes....:ok:

flankerpilot
16th Mar 2009, 19:21
Cocochannel can you please tell me from where you got your coaching for the DGCA exams ?

Thanks a lot

Captwuff , I sent you a PM if you dont mind.

COCOCHANEL
16th Mar 2009, 23:36
flankerpilot...check your pm.

shanx
9th Apr 2009, 21:55
Struggling pilot, game_gaurav,

I cleared my exams (composite and air regs) in the first attempt.
There's no clear cut formula or solution to it unfortunately (as much as we'd all like one).
I did my studies and I guess a little luck helped too ... passed regs with 70 !! :)

The Ground Studies for Pilots (GSP series) are very good books, however, I feel they are not what you should be reading if you're preparing for the DGCA exams. Just my personal opinion.
Clearing these exams are more about solving a lot of problems and questions from various question banks and other notes (coaching centers). I can confidently say that a lot of the questions in the exams are often repeated without even changing the order of the options !

Dont lose hope .. Im sure with the "right" guidance (perhaps a good teacher and some question banks) you'll clear these exams in the next attempt.

If you want I can scan and send you some notes/questions from previous DGCA papers which I've collected from my teacher and some friends ...
Also it would be a good way to kill some time as well, since Im pretty much jobless these days :}

shanx
9th Apr 2009, 22:57
game_gaurav,

Just like you have certain forms/documents to be filled out and signed by your examiner in your Canadian PPL/IR/CPL checkrides, the DGCA requires you to get certain forms filled out and endorsed by your Instructor/CFI in the US or Canada etc ..
These forms are the CA39, CA40A, CA40B etc..
They are also known by other names like GFT forms, Day/Night/IR checks, Pilot Proficiency check forms etc.

If you do a google on the CA39 etc you might find links to some websites which have these forms which you can download.

You'll also find (with some research) that the format of this CA39 form varies (depending on where you downloaded or obtained it from) ..
It does not matter what format you use as long as it has all the information the DGCA needs.

Check out this link http://www.supremeaviation.in/DGCA%20Documentation.pdf... it has all the documents required for your license conversion .. some pretty useful links as well regarding conversion.
The forms in that site have been tailor made for that particular flying school in the US (Monarch Air) for which they are advertising .. but you can edit it and customize it if you want.
note that those forms are in the PDF format and hence, if you're going to edit them, you'll need some kind of a PDF editor (your Adobe acrobat reader can only read those files NOT edit them).
Try Foxit PDF editor.

Good Luck !

P.S Please give me a day or two to scan those notes/question banks .. need to catch up on some sleep big time !

walia_airbourne
10th Apr 2009, 20:16
hey coco I just noticed that you were in Tapash's classes and have passed through him. I was also in his classes and passed the papers in first try too!!!! But for now I am stuck with the RT exam which I have on 20th april. I have done the studies myself but want some suggestions from you (That is only if you have passed the RT exams yourself, No kidding, coz I have got some wierd suggestion from fellow pilots (a******3 :mad:)in here who have got no idea, what they are talking about).

walia_airbourne
13th Apr 2009, 18:06
I have been humored by your post , coz there has been little misunderstanding from your part. You seem to me like you have been exploited by this INDIAN SYSTEM, and now that you totally believe the system is full of crap and everybody from top to bottom is corrupt. I think you could be right, But seriously, do you think that giving sarkari babus some money will solve the problem?
Most of the people in here come to ask for help (and some to give help) but you seem to be doing none. You are just making some statements about some people in goverment offices accepting bribe. You just sound like a dalla(broker) to me.
otherwise you would have really mentioned the details of the officials involved, if you had any real proof. It would be helpful if you could give some good instuctors' contact details rather than suggesting the bribe option. I believe there should be integrity when it comes to obtaining QUALIFICATIONS for this profession.

shanx
13th Apr 2009, 19:07
Walia_airborne

MK Singh is supposed to be good. Heard about him from some friends of mine.

[email protected]

I dont have his cell no. maybe someone else in this forum might be having his contact.

Good Luck !

walia_airbourne
13th Apr 2009, 19:22
Shanx, thank you very much. I will write a mail to him. Really apreciate your help.:ok:

COCO thanks to you too. Actually your suggestions are helpful. Will make use of them.

AND GUYS anyone here to help me for part 2 of RT exam.:bored:

walia_airbourne
14th Apr 2009, 09:34
Thanks for the details....but i dont have enough time...i cant manage to go kolkata....but thanks anyways.....at least it is helpful to those who can go to kolkata or are based there.

Arcane
14th Apr 2009, 12:04
@walia

I believe he conducts classes in most cities and in the city where the exam is to be held about 10 days before. Give him a call and see whether that's going to be the case this time. I had a friend who had gone to him for classes. He cleared it in his second shot. Flunked in II the first time.
I believe the 'SELCAL' questions have been done away with now. Expect 1-2 emergency/urgency questions. Question 5 (the one with multiple "sub-questions") is a little tricky, but don't spend too much time on that one. The pass % for part I is 50% IIRC.
The part that I found most ridiculous was the call signs:
Kingfisher = kingfish air
Jet Airways = Jet
IA = Ind Air

...silly.

optimus.Prime
14th Apr 2009, 12:14
I did attempt and successfully clear the RTR(A) exam held during Feb-Mar'09 in mumbai.(my first attempt at it!)

As Arcane said, most of the HF (Selcal/FIR Boundary) calls are done away with!
Even Emergency/Urgency Q's were little to none.
Instead they now try and quiz you on Callsigns ; G8 (GoAir) n 6E (Ifly) being crowd favourites!!!

Trying and keeping a calm head and not FREAKING out:eek: on seeing those absurd charts should help you get through!

My $0.02!!:ok:

saperaa
14th Apr 2009, 12:21
The surest way to pass the Indian RT exam is ONLY by paying (to the right agent ofcourse)
Otherwise go to some good experienced teacher ...

if you knw the radio procedures no one can fail you.
and believe me every failure @ exams will teach you new things,dooooonot consider it as a failure.

it needs just 15 days of focussed practice:ok:

@ agent 123

give proper true heading to steer rather than QDMs.

shanx
14th Apr 2009, 14:55
As Arcane said, most of the HF (Selcal/FIR Boundary) calls are done away with!
Even Emergency/Urgency Q's were little to none.
Instead they now try and quiz you on Callsigns ; G8 (GoAir) n 6E (Ifly) being crowd favourites!!!
Is a candidate even supposed to know such things in order to qualify for a radio telephony licence ?? :confused:

I mean ... thats so retarded !

Imagine if such an exam were to be conducted in the US by the FCC ! The poor candidate would have to learn each and every airport's Identifier (more than 19,000 of them :}) and all the airlines's call signs ! American, United, Southwest, Continental, FedEx, UPS, Skywest, Alaska Air, NorthWest, JetBlue, Delta PHEW !!! ... :}

Now .. just in case, I better start studying who exactly built each airport in India and also whom it is named after! ummm Delhi - GMR (Indira Gandhi Intl), Mumbai (???) Chatrapati Shivaji Intl .. :E

walia_airbourne
16th Apr 2009, 17:26
thanks you guys...you helped me out....but by the way, does any one know when is the date of examination. I think it has been postponed from 20th april to 4th or 5th may. Please correct me if i am wrong.

CaptWUFF
18th Apr 2009, 04:31
i just got my date for May 23rd...i just wanna pay for it because i need my license asap....any help?

Arcane
18th Apr 2009, 05:38
i just got my date for May 23rd...i just wanna pay for it because i need my license asap....any help?

:D:D

Crib and complain about the big, bad and corrupt DGCA (and other such Indian organizations) and then ask for help on how to BRIBE someone because you're inadequate. Bravo, old chap !

CaptWUFF
18th Apr 2009, 20:34
Haha, where do you work?

game_gaurav
27th Apr 2009, 23:07
can anyone tell me how to fill form ca 39 for conversion of my canadian cpl to indian...Do i need to fill my each day of flying as i filled in my log book or just fill my total hours for every month...what do i fill in column 2 where it says (endorse on yes/no)i only have a cpl wid no ME or IFR..i did a lot of flying on cessna 150 but all my tests are done on the 172 hope that's not gonna be a problem....Also where do i get the form for conversion on my radio license n does my CFI have to attest on the form too....help would be really appreciated....
Cheers

nikaviator
4th May 2009, 07:32
To everyone appearing for the CPL and ATPL exams

BEST OF LUCK!!!! :ok:

shanx
4th May 2009, 21:27
@game_gaurav

can anyone tell me how to fill form ca 39 for conversion of my canadian cpl to indian...Do i need to fill my each day of flying as i filled in my log book or just fill my total hours for every month...
------>> A summary of your flying hours is enough.

what do i fill in column 2 where it says (endorse on yes/no)i only have a cpl wid no ME or IFR..i did a lot of flying on cessna 150 but all my tests are done on the 172 hope that's not gonna be a problem....
------->> It wont be a problem as long as your skill checks (day/night/IR) are done on the 172 and also your CA-39 form shows that you are proficient on the C-172.

Also where do i get the form for conversion on my radio license n does my CFI have to attest on the form too....help would be really appreciated....
-------->> It's buried somewhere in the WPC website. make sure you use Internet Explorer and play around with those menus. I think's there in the COP section.
Its a word doc and has 3 forms. One is for applying for a COP, the second is what you're looking for : "Application for permission to operate RT against Foreign FRTOL", the 3rd one does not concern us.

optimus.Prime
9th May 2009, 05:15
For all of You, who appeared for the CPLCG Nav-Composite paper,

What Do You Make of this?
http://www.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Mumbai/Aspiring-pilots-hit-exam-air-pocket/articleshow/4501259.cms (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Cities/Mumbai/Aspiring-pilots-hit-exam-air-pocket/articleshow/4501259.cms)

shanx
9th May 2009, 07:05
quoted from the article written by a retarded donkey from TOI called Manju :

To get the CPL, a student has to do 200 hours of flying training

that says it all !

Times of India = TOIlet paper

shanx
9th May 2009, 07:10
now this is where pilots as a whole MUST come out united and write to some newspapers about the crap they are printing.

it is because of stupid articles like these filled with half baked knowledge and questionable facts that the common man gets mislead and misinformed about aviation.

wow ! "do" 200 hours of flying and get a CPL ! sexy !
can I just do 200 hours of traffic patterns ? or to make things really simple, can I just turn on the engine and let it run for 200 hours ?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

nishant2502
11th May 2009, 06:54
Hey shanx...i would really appreciate if u could send me a copy of your notes ..my email id is [email protected] . I also wanted to know is there any other form required apart from CA39....i havent decided whome should i join once i reach india for ground classes in delhi...any suggestions..?.what do u suggest for rt....??

Challenger05
11th May 2009, 08:20
Wow!!!!!
Great going TOI :D

Off all the issues to write on regarding aviation in this country they pick THIS and do a pisspoor job of even that!!! :ugh:

However I am a little confused. Was this in the nav general paper or the nav composite???
If this was the composite paper, I dunno what the guys are crying about, they should be knowing this stuff....
And honestly considering we are allowed now to only sit for the exams AFTER 50 hours of flying, even the nav general guys and gals should be up to the task??

Anyone out there who sat for this particular nav paper and can throw more light on the matter???

optimus.Prime
17th May 2009, 06:36
I honestly have my doubts regarding what the "necessary Corrective Actions" would be, in this case???

captchopper
25th May 2009, 08:37
Hi all, I have a FAA CHPL and have appeared for conversion exams with DGCA. Can some one please tell me wat all documents need to be submitted at the time of applying for the license??? This 'verification Letter' that they say, is it issued by the FAA?? Whats the procedure like. Thanks.

ilovecessna
31st May 2009, 15:57
Ya that guy is good and he gets it done with in 5 days even less if you are hard pressed for time. You learn a lot.

nikaviator
18th Jun 2009, 13:34
Guys/Girls, April DGCA results are out!
I PASSED composite and regulations !! Thanks for all the tips! :ok::ok:

http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Pilot0409_Del.pdf
http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Pilot0409_Mum.pdf
http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Pilot0409_Oth.pdf

Schumi - Red Baron
18th Jun 2009, 14:32
Congrats mate !!! :ok:

nikaviator
29th Jun 2009, 11:59
Thanks man, I am so relieved. I would also like to put in a good word for my instructor tapash kar. One of his students in the morning batch
got 92 %for Air Nav. in the April 09 exams which is the highest score in all India for april session. Overall India exam takers' fail rate for air nav. was 80 pct.

One hurdle over, next is going through other converting processes :ugh: Heard NACIL will be recruiting pilots in Aug

AgentDenzel
2nd Jul 2009, 19:51
Hi all,
I was recently contacted by an Indian operator for a possible Captain position. They sent me all the forms to fill out which I sent them back with all required information needed it.
This was a couples weeks ago and last night I got an e-mail saying that paperwork was sent to DGCA for approval license and security check.
On the forms I got, said that I am looking at on oral exam conducted by DGCA under A/C 17 of 1994 + an Air regulation exam for the applicable license conducted by DGCA.
Can anyone already gone thru this process tell me what to expect next and the time frame for all this to be complete? By reading all post, it seems like that such test is really really hard to pass, but that won’t stop me from trying is the least I can do.
Thanks all for any information

libinkoshy
3rd Jul 2009, 01:14
Hi All,
I did my CPL and multi rating frm canada. now on the verge of conversion process. Does anybody know whether should I do my RT license xam in india or can I convert my canadian RT? I have heard that I could easily convert my canadian RT to Indian, a while ago. wats the situation now??

rocky_dhaliwal
3rd Jul 2009, 05:52
hey guys,
i have a simple question, if a person goes abroad to do some hour building after getting canadian cpl or US cpl converted to indian cpl, will those hrs be counted and considered by DGCA?

actually, i went to canada after getting my canadian cpl converted to indian cpl, to some PIC time for instructor rating in india. now i have heard that dgca wont recognise those hrs as those were done abroad after my indian licence has been issued. is that true.

nikaviator
3rd Jul 2009, 14:52
@rocky--why not?? No probs, lots of guys have gone to do cfi, if in doubt go to the "open house" at the dgca and get it from the horse's mouth!
@libinkoshy--last I checked u can convert canadian rt directly no part 1 exams if u have a canadian cpl, no change

@vora you can pm some of the guys here for notes some have it in email form if you are gonna do self study some don't check the thread

libinkoshy
4th Jul 2009, 02:41
thankyou so much nikaviator for the response...could u pls tell me that where do we get information regarding this?

tangowithtushar
4th Jul 2009, 06:40
hey libin its tushar here remember?? try mailing all ur queries to "[email protected]" wpc hedquarters is primarily the one that deals with this conversion stuff is in new delhi...its called sanchar bhawan since i was closer to delhi it was easier to get my work .. done u have to get a draft made a fotocopy of ur visa ur foreign license ur fotographs and ur rt nd there u go the conversion might take anything from 2 -3 months... bt my advice is if u can just go to new delhi.. its near patel chowk as soon as you come out of the metro station of patel chowk to the right... if u can just pay them a visit and im sure they wil do something about it

libinkoshy
5th Jul 2009, 14:20
hey thushar..
soo happy to see u here man..I did that already. I hav been told that since 2009 we hav to write rt exam, thats y i got confused..anyways thanks dude

alfamassimo
4th Aug 2009, 00:29
Hi, does any one know will I be allowed to take in the holding pattern computer for the Navigation exams? It's a small white jeppesen plastic thing, that you rotate manually. It might save me some time.

shanx
4th Aug 2009, 04:45
alfamassimo,

The only items allowed are an E6B flight computer, the electronic CX2 computer and a scientific calculator.

CaptWUFF
4th Aug 2009, 07:15
hey are the indian airlines ever gonna hire fos again?

airforceone13
4th Aug 2009, 07:20
not anytime soon buddy..

shanx
4th Aug 2009, 08:18
More about "who you know" and "how much moolah you have" rather than how many hours/ratings you have now.

jetzup
4th Aug 2009, 09:22
Alfamassimo, I suspect shanx is right, I didn't check on that. However, I did put my asa holding computer and the e6b, right on top of the table for the examiners to see along with the cx n sci-cal, no one commented on it.

On the job front...spicejet might be hiring, not sure if they need cpl holders or experienced pilots....

SpiceJet to step up headcount- Airlines / Aviation-Transportation-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/News-By-Industry/Transportation/Airlines-Aviation/SpiceJet-to-step-up-headcount/articleshow/4850036.cms)

roshan
4th Aug 2009, 10:31
hey buddy, jus follow WPC webiste for canadian RT conversion into Indian. (http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/)
follow this link.WPC Home (http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/)

CaptWUFF
4th Aug 2009, 17:32
they are not hiring any cpl holders.

optimus.Prime
4th Aug 2009, 18:06
@ Shanx,

Just to reiterate what you said,

"Its all about WHOM you know and not exactly WHAT you know!":ugh:

Its always been like that in Indian Aviation.............always!
And by the looks of it, ain't gonna change anytime soon!:ugh::ugh::ugh:

alfamassimo
9th Aug 2009, 06:08
thnks for the reply shanx and jetzup
@ those who took the april exams or anyone who knows about it, any idea were the" necessary corrective actions" really taken by the DGCA for the technical questions in navigation paper case? Were there really that many tech questions?

bad_attitude
9th Aug 2009, 10:57
IMHO, one should not need to use a holding computer, especially if you're on ground! you should be able to figure it out mentally.

if you're in the air, high workload etc ... just draw it out on a piece of paper ...

just my 2 cents.:p

nikaviator
9th Aug 2009, 19:00
alfa, yes there were quite a lot of technical questions in the composite, and air nav as well. I have answered pm's to me about it earlier. Plenty of objections. As regards to the corrective action taken by the DGCA, it's hard to tell. I think they probably did a bit of it. The fail rates that hovered around 75-80% for air nav and nav comp for the april exams r quite high, especially for nav.comp, but not exactly off the charts for dgca exams.

Don't worry though, I am sure they will be extra careful this time around when setting the paper. You will most lkely get pretty decent and standard exam questions this session as there will be a lot of scrutiny. Don't freak out if you happen to get strange questions, just be calm, skip it. and answer those you know carefully and come back to them later, write objections if you have to.

Best of luck! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

dgtl887
10th Aug 2009, 07:31
An important reminder - ask for the objection sheet as soon as you see an incorrect question (or, a question with incorrect answers).

shanx
11th Aug 2009, 03:53
I remember one of my friends telling me, one of the "out of syllabus" questions was something related to flaps and stalling speed or angle etc.

While it may be technically "out of syllabus", one wonders what kind of applicants sat for the exam, if they can not answer such basic stuff related to flying. To top it, this was in the COMPOSITE paper, which means candidates had a foreign CPL. :eek:

Schumi - Red Baron
11th Aug 2009, 04:15
one wonders what kind of applicants sat for the exam, if they can not answer such basic stuff related to flying.

Well, mate even helicopter pilots sat for the same exam. So, DGCA should look after them also. And trust me there are no flaps in a helicopter.
I know couple of experienced pilots (thousands of hours in heli) who got stuck in the exam but passed after DGCA took corrective measures.

Also, inclusion of such questions in the exam just shows that the committee/person who made exam didn't knew anything about flying. :hmm:

shanx
11th Aug 2009, 05:28
@Schumi-RedBaron

Fair enough. your argument defending Helicopter guys may be right here, but almost all the guys whom I heard complaining about the Nav exam were all CPL fixed wing students. And they had finished their flying training from US, Canada, Australia barely 2-3 months back.
Hence my statement.

jetzup
11th Aug 2009, 07:30
When an exam is outside the syllabus anyone would complain as it is not standard, students don't get the chance to revise as they should before any exams. DGCA as an examining authority is suppose to set the standard and know the difference. Some friends who took the composite complained quite a lot and had said that they could answer many of the technical questions but can't be sure as they didn't revise so it was not a sure pass for them (all 3 passed). I guess that's what nikaviator meant by 'it was hard to tell'.

Look at it this way if only a handful of heli guys complained maybe it wouldn't have been that effective and no corrective measures would have been taken, so it was for the best of everybody in this case and for the future that the complaints were filed!

alfamassimo
13th Aug 2009, 13:07
@nik
you were right buddy. No nasty surprises in store for me this time. And didn't have to use the hold pattern comp.

Questions were all clean, only very few of them for small marks that I had to come back and re-read and answer since it was not on the top of my head, hence had to dig in. I think more people will pass in this session. I am still keeping my fingers crossed though, you never know with the dgca people.

nikaviator
19th Aug 2009, 16:26
@Alfamassimo, good to hear that.

It looks like you are going to clear it, so life after the dgca exams and conversion awaits. You should have a plan B/C ready if you don't intend to follow the "pay the employer/agents to work, and get paid peanuts from your own money" plan. This seems to be the rage in the indian aviation recruiting scene.

jatin
20th Aug 2009, 11:56
For the guaranteed success for CPL, please join the below coaching classes with the nominal charges for ALL.......................

Guaranteed success!!!!!!

shanx
20th Aug 2009, 12:09
Is this the same CAPTAIN jatin of that Osprey thing ??? !!!

ABCD Pilot
27th Aug 2009, 07:23
i passed with 96% and got like the highest score on the test...all thanks to a guy in mumbai who coached me. I took the test in Delhi too, which i found significantly easier then mumbai. My test scores were:

Regs:
80% - 1st attempt passed

Nav
68% - 1st Attempt ( delhi)
56% - 2nd attempt ( mumbai)
96% - 3rd attempt ( delhi )

There were only like two really tough questions in delhi the last time around, and I finished an hour early. In mumbai I think i cried and died a little inside when I couldn't swallow after seeing the first two pages of the test. Not to meniton - NO SCRATCH PAPER!

I hat the dgca. I really hate them. They making flying not fun. The fun of life and flying dies when you walk into the DGCA, think about DGCA, or have nightmares about the DGCA. Only throwing up will relieve this pain.

grrrrrrr

jetzup
27th Aug 2009, 15:48
@ abcd, you've been posting in various threads information that just don't add up :confused:, I say no more.

nikaviator
28th Aug 2009, 09:59
jetzup- I checked the dgca exams stats compiled by one of the PPRuNe members, in the last 3 years only 1 helicopter pilot got the score of 96 as the highest for comp. and nav, and did not get 80 for regs, the highest for other sessions varied, between 89-98. For April 09 highest was 92.

I was kind of wondering why ABCD'd post something like that at all when it is not true as now he says he's done the exams and still got to get the dgca license and is only short of medicals. I am glad just to pass it as we still have to take the airlines entrance exams.

ninja_turtle
28th Aug 2009, 13:07
Anybody here who attended the part 1 test being held presently or for that matter , who attended recent attempts , can you please guide as to what the new format is , what to expect and at what things to concenterate more and what can be left out ?

Thanks ..

jetzup
28th Aug 2009, 16:38
@shanx

Jatin/PlatinumAviation/ Parik**** Sethi (all same mobile nos.) or Osprey Aviation who knows!!

Came across his posting in Indianaviators yahoo group
"THIS DGCA CPL GROUND CLASS SAVES THE DAY FOR RECESSION HIT AVIATION STUDENTS"

It's been labeled as a scam, as in trying to part young innocent aviators from their cash. He claims 5 years aviation experience,but no proper references. One time advertising as parik**** sethi, a few days later changed to platinumaviation, and now in pprune as Jatin all with the same contact no.

blackknight999
31st Aug 2009, 06:02
well i gave the part 1 in may..thats fairly recent...and the pattern that you are looking for is the same as it has been....there have been no changes at all...
but ya part 2 i guess has become a lil bit more simpler considering that what i used to hear and what i was asked...!!:cool::cool::cool::cool:

ninja_turtle
31st Aug 2009, 14:05
Thanks Blacknight999 for the input .. I know now from you that the pattern has'nt changed much but since I have not yet appeared for it , would it be possible for you ellaborate on what to expect for part 1 ?

Thanks again ..

COCOCHANEL
31st Aug 2009, 17:03
ninja turtle, I can’t find my earlier post on it-must have deleted it by mistake.

5 questions, 15 minutes (if no change)

Exam taking tips:

Remain Calm. Keep the communication going. Under whatever circumstances, don’t clamp up. If you are not sure of something say “confirm …..” or “say again…”. Basically if you speak good English and got the hang of the ICAO lingo, you can get away with a lot of things. Memorize the ICAO terminologies

Memorize ICAO airport Identifiers, all the Indian airlines call signs. Also get hold of mock situations and maps given by the tutors somehow,and practice on the various routes, could be any A-B combinations of Del, mumbai, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Chennai, Combatoire, Bangalore, Mangalore, so on and so forth.

Imagine you are actually flying the route given. Keep time. Airborne at…..check the ETD and give an approximate. If asked to for a position report, check ETD, and report the approximate time that you should be over that point, and next over, and the right eta at destination accordingly. I didn't report radial, apparently that's not required.

Maintain your FL, and know approx NM inbound or outbound, plus or minus the FL when instructed and maintain it like in real, according to the instruction or situation given by the question or the examiner, or by your own request.

Don’t take too long to log in the situation on the paper before answering.

Questions

Q.1-3 Could be on Selcal check, Radio check, Pushback and startup, taxi, vehicle crossing runway, taxiway, aborted take off, deviation due to weather, traffic, or resuming flight to a certain destination after requesting to divert, returning to the airport due to all sorts of reasons, practicing single engine, etc.

Q.4 During my exams this question was a Mayday / Pan Pan situation, report C.I.P, imagine and practice all kinds of possible scenarios, be able to differentiate whether it is a Mayday or Pan Pan situation, relaying Mayday from another a/c.

Q. 5 You will be asked to translate layman terms into ICAO terminology, quite a lot of points for this, also to read out Visibility, Cloud heights, A/C call signs etc.

I am sure someone else here can give you addtional tips, and more updates on it. I took the exams quite a while back.

shanx
31st Aug 2009, 17:57
@Ninja Turtle and others appearing for RTR(A) exams ..

The best thing you can do to prepare is to PRAY.

Pray that your luck is GOOD. Pray that your sun, stars, moon and other celestial bodies all align in whatever pattern brings you the most luck, happiness and well being.

You can go for all the classes you want, study and slog your aft-end off with all the notes you can lay your hands on .... yet there is NO WAY you can "Prepare" for this exam.
The examination process is way too shady and creepy.
Ofcourse, there are a lot who would disagree with me on this.

To a large extent, your passing in this examination depends on:

1. Your Luck
2. The mood of the examiner.
3. Whether or not you are a female (prettier, more skimpily dressed the better)
4. Money/Jugaad/Connections etc.

My first attempt I studied a lot (burnt midnight oil), went to the examination center in formal clothes (shining new leather shoes) and was royally flunked in part 1 itself.
Next attempt I went in Chappals, Pajama type denims and collarless T-Shirt and cleared part 1 and 2 exams WITHOUT any serious study/preparations... I kid you not.
:ok:

blackknight999
1st Sep 2009, 06:02
well COCO and shanx have explained it really well and if you just go through what they have written you should be through...but ya these dayz they also ask some funny questions like about NOTAMS and all....
and sometimes on the inter pilot frequency as well.....:cool::cool:

otherwise its no big deal!!!

ninja_turtle
1st Sep 2009, 08:18
Many thanks to Coco for detailed explaination and also to Shanx and Blacknight fot their inputs ..

What exactly did you mean by report C.I.P ?

COCOCHANEL
1st Sep 2009, 11:42
You are welcome.

CIP: condition, intention, postion....info to be given during a Maday.

Also...don't hesitate to say "correction" and change your replies, if you happen to say the something wrong. I did that quite a few times....no problems

blackknight999
1st Sep 2009, 14:35
well that point is correct...use CORRECTION but remember one thing after you say correction u must also say I SAY AGAIN if you want to repeat the entire transmission or else if you want to correct just one word then just use CORRECTION...they both have different meanings and those RTR guyz are very fussy about the correct termnology....
u use the correct one and they are mighty thrilled..!!!

cheers!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

ninja_turtle
3rd Sep 2009, 16:02
Thanks once again .. Didnt know there was an acronym for it ..

Happy Landings ..

AriGold
5th Sep 2009, 19:57
"Valid Certificates of Skill tests for Single as well as Multi engine(if multi aircraft
rating is desired)(Note: The tests shall be on the type of aircraft which are
also available and registered in India and the test shall be on performa as
laid down in India duly authenticated by the Instructor/ designated
representative of State Regulatory Authority)"

"For Multi endorsement on CPL: Record of ground training and pass result of
technical exam,
Statement indicating at least 10 hrs of training on multi engine aircraft for which
endorsement is requested(including test/ check), and within 6 months General
flying test by day with three solo take off and landings each, General flying test
Night with three solo take off and landings each and for IR on multi IR test report
with two approaches on aircraft for which multi -endorsement on license is
requested."

I did my FAA rides like 4 years ago. Can somebody tell me what I need to do Flying wise in the US before I go back to India? I have my FAA CPL/MEL/IR and 1200 Hours of total time.

Is all i need 15 hours in a single engine and one hour in a multi?

Does "general flying test" mean done by a CFI or examiner in the US?

Please help.

AriGold
5th Sep 2009, 20:01
Also, can somebody tell me if what I am correct in converting my license:

1) Pass Air Regs/Nav within 30 months
2) Get DGCA MEDICAL CLASS I
3) Convert Foreign radio license ( commonwealth for direct conversion)
4) US Flying -->

What is Valid Certificate of Skills test? Is that just my license?
What is "General Flying test"

5) India Flying -->

What needs to be done here?

The DGCA flow chart is extremely confusing and vague :(

alfamassimo
6th Sep 2009, 16:28
CPL & ATPL exams July session

Results!!

http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Result%20Pilot%200709%20.pdf

AriGold
6th Sep 2009, 18:59
when is the deadline for the ATPL registration? It says 18th september for all tests other then ATPL. Any ideas?

alfamassimo
6th Sep 2009, 19:38
Logically it should be after the full results of the ATPL exams have been declared (so far only atpl technical results are published).... to give a chance to those who didn't clear the papers to apply for it. So you'll have to monitor the DGCA website daily!

AriGold
6th Sep 2009, 20:52
Okay, but the testing dates are the same Sept 16, 17. and 18, right?

Does nybody know how to get approval from the DGCA to do a foreign type rating? Is there a particular CAR or FORM that covers this? Or, do you just write to the DGCA?

nikaviator
21st Sep 2009, 03:06
another DGCA results goof up.. a technical glitch in the technical exams results :ugh: didn't see any corrective action as yet....

All flunk pilot licence exam - Mumbai - City - NEWS - The Times of India (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/city/mumbai/All-flunk-pilot-licence-exam/articleshow/5011602.cms)

aviator87
16th Oct 2009, 02:44
hi every1 !!! m right now in the u.s pursuing for the FAA cpl and can
sme1 pls help me in the license conversion of DGCA
1. how to study which books???
2. do I hv to seek coaching if yes which classes can sme1 pls help!!!??
3. also can sme1 pls tell me where can i find the details of the syllabus
of the license conversion subjects frm the DGCA website??

much appreciate if sme1 cud pls help me out!!!!!

nikaviator
16th Oct 2009, 17:14
@Aviator 87

If you have got time on your hands, and you are not pressurised on recency, then you can self study. Forget about all the books, and syllabus, they are too broad. Get all notes you can from your friends who passed-full notes with question banks for the composite and regulations, see if can figure it out on your own.

If you want to pass in the first shot itself, or for a higher chance of passing , then you should go to a good teacher. People have recommended various good instructors on this thread. Please go through it, as opinions are different.

ilsglider
21st Oct 2009, 06:10
Hi guys,
Can you guide me about flying hrs logged in logbook during cpl training?they must be 100 pic hrs or duals are valid as pic for cpl+me+ir conversion?

rgds

bad_attitude
21st Oct 2009, 06:39
hi ilsglider, this link may help you out ...

Study free English classes online ESL classes (http://www.eslgo.com/classes.html)

ilsglider
21st Oct 2009, 08:45
Badattitude it is not funny for me.The place where i m training you are always flying with an instructor and all the students here are logging as DUAL.But i dont know in India DUAL flying hrs are considered as pic or not.
If anyone can help me in this i will really appreciate.

bad_attitude
21st Oct 2009, 08:54
the only dual flights considered as PIC would be your FAA checks and the flights done after your CPL on the type of a/c you've been checked out on.

oh and the non instructional flights where you were the "sole manipulator" of the controls! :ok:

you will obvioulsy have to false log your hours in order to satisfy the indian DGCA.

ilsglider
22nd Oct 2009, 20:47
thank you very much badatitude for ur response.

ilsglider
29th Oct 2009, 07:55
Hi, can you please inform me about dgca cpl conversion exams .I have 10+2 with physics chem. and bio,and i want to appear for maths in july 2010.Can i appear for cpl conversion exams before than july.

babboo57
29th Oct 2009, 09:55
ilsglider,

No. As far as i know, you cant even apply for a Computer No.

nikaviator
29th Oct 2009, 11:06
@ilsglider....I think you could get by with the computer no. application, (not the exams) if you have 10th math and flying hours-- coz ppl issue requirement is only 10th std ...and the computer no. is issued only once, please double check to make sure.

Update: fhe DGCA October session exams which were postponed to November due to whatever reasons, are now re-scheduled for December due to non availiability of the exams venue :} came across it today while checking the site.

http://www.dgca.nic.in/dgca/Public%20Notice-Pilot%20Exam%20(October%202009).pdf

jetzup
29th Oct 2009, 11:49
to delay the entire process of conversion perhaps....therefore less unemployed cpl holder in the pool for year 2009 :E

babboo57
29th Oct 2009, 14:36
ilsglider & nikaviator,

if u see the list of applicants rejected for allotment of Comp. no. -
u will find plenty of candidates who have been rejected for want
of 10+2 certificate.

nikaviator
29th Oct 2009, 18:04
@babboo ....

I understand exactly what you mean. but i think you can apply if you have an indian spl (see CAR below), some hours of flying, and ground instruction from india....

7.1 SPL / FRTOL-R / GPL

The applicant should have passed a minimum of 10
th standard or its equivalent examination from a recognized board.

CIVIL AVIATION REQUIREMENTS SECTION 7
SERIES ‘B’ PART I 23rd AUGUST, 1993

Rev. 4, 25th August 2008
7.2 Private Pilot Licence (PPL):
The applicant should have:
(a) SPL at the time of submission of application for allotment of computer Number
(b) 10 hours of flying experience at the time of submission of application for written examination
(c) Attended the ground training classes with DGCA approved Flying / Ground Training Institutes or Defence Establishments at the time of submission of application for written examination

babboo57
29th Oct 2009, 23:59
@nikaviator

- there is no requirement for a computer no. for an spl.
- the CAR on the ppl is silent about the educational qualifications.
however, the Computer no. application form clearly asks for
the details of one having passed 10+2. if passing 10th was
good enough for ppl, then there would have been no column for
10+2 details - since this qualification is irrelevant.
- surely the rejected candidates
would have submitted their 10th certificates at least. if the 10+2
certificate is of no importance then the rejection
should have been on the grounds of the flying hrs not being there.

just my two bit. with dgca's great clarity on all matters, ilsglider
should be prepared for the worst eventuality !

ilsglider
30th Oct 2009, 06:50
DGCA looks horrible from the views of people,anyway this is the way how indian system works.Do you have any knowledge if any cessna-310 registered in india? Because FTO where i am flying has only C310 for ME endorsements.

nikaviator
30th Oct 2009, 08:58
The DGCA is one big maze, babboo, so are its CARS I didn't want to cut and paste the entire CAR concerned....people who are rejected are probably ppl or cpl atpl holders with foreign licenses as the CARS require them to have 10+2.

7.5 CONVERSION OF PILOTS LICENSE ISSUED BY FOREIGN AUTHORITIES
(a) Passed 10+2 standard examination with Physics and Mathematics Subjectsfrom a recognized Board / University or its equivalent examination.
(b) Valid Pilots License issued by Foreign Aviation Authority in the category theapplicant desires to appear.

NOTE: The requirements given in Para 7.5 (a) and (b) above should be met atthe time of submission of application for allotment of computer number in case of fresh applicants. In case, the computer number has already been allotted, the applicant should meet these requirements at the time of submission of application forwritten examination.

....but with indian spl, 10 hours and ground school it is probably ok as the minimum for issue of ppl in india is 10th standard

http://dgca.nic.in/schedules/section-f.pdf (this is for chopper)

That's why I wanted ils to double check if there's a way around it with indian spl, flying hours, etc.

ilsglider
30th Oct 2009, 11:44
hi nikaviator do you know if there is any cessna310 registered in india?i am doing my ME endorsment on c310,but i am not sure if there is any available in india.

nikaviator
30th Oct 2009, 16:40
@ilsglider

A Cessna 310 vt-ejx registered to Garg Aviation Limited

Active Aircraft Register Enquiry (http://www.dgca.nic.in/aircraft/reg-ind.htm)

ilsglider
31st Oct 2009, 16:39
Hi nikaviator, thankyou very much for the info, i phoned them today.
Good luck.
ilsglider

SuperflyTNT
7th Nov 2009, 17:00
ha ha ha very very true! Or maybe the govt. and the dgca have another plan on a whole new level !!! To reduce the number of unemployed CPL holders so the ones who have them can get a job in 2010.

AviatorVette
9th Nov 2009, 09:54
Ok now I see that the dgca exams have been postponed to december, when are the next set of examinations? Feb?

nikaviator
29th Nov 2009, 03:54
DGCA October session exams admit list is out:

http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/Pilot_octadmit2009.pdf
http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/scheduleandinstru1009.pdf

Careful about making out the drafts for those appearing for the next session, a lot of candidates rejected due to wrong demand draft

No substantial rumours about the Jan session exams dates as yet.

SuperflyTNT
3rd Dec 2009, 15:57
When i gave the exam. I got a PNR engine out (so obviously there is going to be a variable TAS) , variable w/v, mutlti track. I'm not sure about the fuel flow. I shall check up and get back to u!!

guitarboy
17th Dec 2009, 19:10
Hey Guys theres no need of any one to take classes for the DGCA Exams.

It just takes a little extra effort to study for em alone but i can tell you YOU CAN!

I did! I passed Both REGS and NAV COMPOSITE in my Second Go.
ALL by myself. Studied thru the Jeppesens / GSP's and took me extra time to understand but hey you can find every explanation online. U just need to know where to find it.

Believe me! NO use for classes n all.

I took classes for RT cuz thats something i had no idea about and the books dont tell u half the daymn thing. Part 1 has to be discussed with someone who knows how it is.

Do your hardwork and study through the books yourself. it will be of great use later when you interview with companies and later too in life!

alfamassimo
19th Dec 2009, 06:08
guitarboy, passing the dgca cpl exams at second go wouldn't have been much help for me as my recency were lapsing. How did you manage with the recency, did you have to go back and fly the minimum to remain current after the second go?
Any idea about atpl exams eligibility for cpl holders ?

guitarboy
19th Dec 2009, 11:42
My Second Attempts result came within 4 months of my last flight. The First attempt was just 2 days after my last flight. I Planned it that way. So i kinda made it in time.

For ATPL if youve got the DGCA CPL + ME then you can sit for the ATPL exams right now. If not ME then you need 500 hours TT. Plus you need the ground class certificate or smthin. Im not sure bt the DGCA site says so.
Plus after written theres ORAL Exams. So well its a thorough process.Gotta get 70% in both.

Just fill the form and send it. But i dont think it'd be of any use right now if you dont have a job cuz then they are just valid for 2.5 years and say even if you start working you cant make 1500 pic hours in 2.5 years. for a Co pilot 1500 pic means around 3000 hours TT cuz then the hours get halved or smthin cuz the Captain is the Actual Pilot in command so... theres a whole calculation.

So its better you get a job first and then give the exams so in the same time frame you could get the requisite hours and then apply without the exams result lapsing.

optimus.Prime
19th Dec 2009, 13:57
for a Co pilot 1500 pic means around 3000 hours TT cuz then the hours get halved or smthin cuz the Captain is the Actual Pilot in command so... theres a whole calculation.

I guess for all practical purposes, it says we count 70% of Co-Pilot time as PIC!:confused:

I might stand corrected here!

jimmygill
20th Dec 2009, 18:18
ALTP requires at least

A. 1500 hrs total Pilot Time, this may include

1) 100% of P1 time
2) 50% of P2 time
3) 100% of P1/US (P1 Under Supervision) time

B. At least 500 hrs PIC time, this may include
1) 100% of P1 time
2) 50% of P1/US

C. 1000 hrs cross country time
D. 100 hrs night time
E. 100 hrs instrument time in aircraft
f. 10 hrs flight time in last six months

In order to sit for the written exams

one needs a CPL with ME, or CPL with 500 hrs
in addition with a "ground school certificate"

alfamassimo
22nd Dec 2009, 04:08
thanks so much guitarboy, jimmygill

nikaviator
15th Jan 2010, 08:16
October exam results are out!

http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Pilot_102009_withoutoral.pdf

Jan session exam dates: 16, 17, 18 Feb for CPL
http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Instr_pilot1009.pdf

Good Luck on the exams for those who are appearing for it!

sunnyjet
6th Feb 2010, 10:48
hello

there are some recent revised rules regarding eligibility to take the DGCA Cpl exams (cplg) which I am not sure about, please help!

1. Can someone take the DGCA cpl written exams without official ground school or flying experience?

2. I have about 30 hours flying experience in India, but have not completed formal ground schooling. Will I need a ground school certificate inorder to appear for the exams?

3. Where can I find the rules regarding the above

I am aware of the job situation and have taken a break from flying sometime ago, I just want to clear the exams meanwhile. Your reply on this will be appreciated.

jimmygill
6th Feb 2010, 13:09
hello
1. Can someone take the DGCA cpl written exams without official ground school or flying experience?

No.

2. I have about 30 hours flying experience in India, but have not completed formal ground schooling. Will I need a ground school certificate inorder to appear for the exams?

Yes.

3. Where can I find the rules regarding the above

http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B1.pdf

sunnyjet
7th Feb 2010, 13:07
Thank You for the link jimmygill!

shobana vailaya
9th Feb 2010, 08:31
Dear ALL

THIS IS TO BRING IT TO YOUR NOTICE THAT CAPT.ANANT KULKARNI IS NO LONGER HEADS ALLIED WINGS (KHAR) AS MENTIONED IN YOUR BLOG.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION NOW HE HEADS AIRODYNAMIKS AVIGATION PVT LT. WHICH IS IN ANDHERI (EAST), MUMBAI.

ANYONE INTERESTED FOR DGCA AB-INITIO CLASS, CONVERSION CLASS, ATPL CLASS, PRE-AIRLINE CLASS, THEN PLEASE CONTACT HIM ON THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS/PHONE:

NO: 12, HINGU BHUVAN, 2ND, FLOOR, SAHAR ROAD, ANDHERI (EAST), LANDMARK: NEXT TO ANDHERI (EAST RAILWAY STATION AND ABOVE HOTEL VAIBHAV), PHONE NUMBER: 022-26830934/09819687320. ALSO VISIT OUR WEBSITE I.E. www.airodynamiks.com.

WE REQUEST YOU TO REMOVE HIS PREVIOUS INFO AS MENTION IN YOUR BLOG THAT HE HEADS ALLIED WINGS.

PLS CALL/MAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUERY

Thanks.
Shobana Vailaya
Manager Admin
[email protected]

sunnyjet
9th Feb 2010, 20:57
Jimmygill, one more question, if I complete just the PPL abroad, get a commonwealth rt then I can return to india and apply for the cpl exams- the CPLG, also convert my rt licence directly to indian rt right?

jimmygill
9th Feb 2010, 22:56
Jimmygill, one more question, if I complete just the PPL abroad, get a commonwealth rt then I can return to india and apply for the cpl exams- the CPLG, also convert my rt licence directly to indian rt right?

Unfortunately No.

Some applicants have been reporting that they demand a CPL from contracting Common Wealth state for conversion.

Don't get intimidated by the failure rate, the Indian RT is not that difficult to get.

nikaviator
10th Feb 2010, 17:55
atleast another 3000 cpl holders this year.... :confused:

admit list:

http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/pilot0110_admit.pdf

http://www.dgca.nic.in/admit/Pilot0110_Sch.pdf

good luck!

sunnyjet
12th Feb 2010, 15:05
Can anyone please help me on this...

Is it possible to get a U.S PPL and IR (single engine), and later an Australian CPL (multi-engine vfr ) and do the Indian license conversion?

Will the DGCA accept licences and ratings from 2 different countries for indian cpl licence conversion (with ir). That is, if all my paper work- day and night checks, IR single engine check in the U.S and Multi-check in Australia are in order?

Is there any mention of how many multi ir hours are required for a multi-ir to be issued by the DGCA?

I plan to do the cpl over some time, first just the ppl/ir.

Thanks...

shanx
15th Feb 2010, 18:52
@sunnyjet

Is it possible to get a U.S PPL and IR (single engine), and later an Australian CPL (multi-engine vfr ) and do the Indian license conversion?

I dont see any reason why you should have any problems during the licence conversion ... HOWEVER ... you must understand that with the DGCA, anything that is other than the "norm" or the "routine", usually becomes dicey or trickey and sometimes problematic.

Will the DGCA accept licences and ratings from 2 different countries for indian cpl licence conversion (with ir). That is, if all my paper work- day and night checks, IR single engine check in the U.S and Multi-check in Australia are in order?

To play it safe, get the FAA PPL with IR converted to an Indian PPL.
Then get a written permission/NOC from the DGCA to do your remaining CPL and Multi engine training in Australia.
Once you have this NOC, you will not have problems during your conversions later on.

Is there any mention of how many multi ir hours are required for a multi-ir to be issued by the DGCA?

Multi Engine Rating requires 10 hours on a multi engine a/c registered and airworthy/available in India.
(DGCA has not defined what AVAILABLE means, but it is safe to get the rating on any one of those a/c listed on the DGCA website)

jimmygill
16th Feb 2010, 02:40
7.5 CONVERSION OF PILOTS LICENSE ISSUED BY FOREIGN AUTHORITIES

(a) Passed 10+2 standard examination with Physics and Mathematics Subjectsfrom a recognized Board / University or its equivalent examination.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question in this regard is for indian students who have not studied under Indian system.
1. What does DGCA consider as equivalent examination ?
2. Do they recognise the A Level (british System) as equivalent?
3. Is their any possibility for such students to give the +2 Physics and Maths
Exams online/parttime?

Anyother information on the subject is welcome. Thanks

1&2 Year 13 of england high/upper school (A Level) with some mathematics and physics must suffice. You may have to get some documented proof of equivalence, for this you should contact your school board/district.

3. You can take exams in National Open School, India they are not online and conducted only twice a year, but I am sure you will find some equivalent exam that is online(Computer Based).

sunnyjet
16th Feb 2010, 04:22
Thank you shanx, your reply has been very helpful!

COCOCHANEL
24th Feb 2010, 17:35
@THE OLD PRO , I just read your post.

GCSE "A" LEVEL Physics and Maths are equivalent to plus 2 phyics and Maths in India, a friend of mine had written the two GCSE subjects besides having 5 O levels and had gotten the Equivalent certificate from A.I.U stating that it is equivalent to the c.b.s.e plus 2 with physics and maths.

A.I.U requires the transcript and verification letter and whatever papers needed to be attested by the British embassy in India or an indian embassy abroad (indian embassy being a more complicated option). Also getting the equivalent certificate is faster if you go directly to the A.I.U in delhi.

jimmygill
26th Feb 2010, 18:42
Any web links for equivalent exam online(Computer Based) ?

I tried to find a few things online, but failed. May be you can get more directed advice if you visit your local school or community college.

ilsglider
3rd Mar 2010, 12:49
Hi, anybody knows if one can appear for composite exams before than getting your foreign licence?

jimmygill
3rd Mar 2010, 16:19
NOT possible to appear for composite exam before getting CPL.

joshrain
5th Mar 2010, 17:19
Hi, I don't have 10+2 physics / math certificates.
however, i have a college degree from UK in which i did physics/math as courses, would that do.

if so, do i just self attest my transcripts or should i ask my university to send it to DGCA directly, how does that work. thanks much!

jimmygill
5th Mar 2010, 19:04
Yes that college degree will do, you will need to get equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities

COCOCHANEL
6th Mar 2010, 14:13
josh do not self attest, pls. read my earlier post #182 to old pro regarding attesting docs.

banman008
7th Mar 2010, 06:55
Pilot Training - Ground School Coaching - Composite Exams and Pre Course Studies - CPL Indian DGCA - By Capt Bharat Chauhan. Experienced Instructor Individual attention and personalized coaching with high success rate. 100% passing percentage Furnished accommodation available. Contact: Capt Bharat Chauhan Related to : PILOT TRAINING, GROUND SCHOOL, CPL DGCA, Mumbai

Mobile : 9930151529
Address : Mulund west Mumbai

jetzup
7th Mar 2010, 08:18
A Captain with a cpl ??? I understand the desperation.

soaring.high
7th Mar 2010, 10:32
Dgca Composite Cpl Classes For Only Rs 500*

Pilot Training - Ground School Coaching - Composite Exams and Pre Course Studies - CPL Indian DGCA - By Capt @@@@. Experienced Instructor Individual attention and personalized coaching with high success rate. 100% passing percentage Furnished accommodation available. Contact: Capt@@@@ Related to : PILOT TRAINING, GROUND SCHOOL, CPL DGCA,

Advertising in to the threads??:= where are the moderators? Any one wants to advertise for his/her chinese food joint?:}

nikaviator
19th Mar 2010, 18:34
January session results out-only abt 10-12 percent pass rate in navigation and composite. Wondering what sort of questions had the DGCA specially concocted for the Jan nav paper.

http://www.dgca.nic.in/result/Pilot_012010_withoutoral.pdf

shanx
19th Mar 2010, 20:34
With due credit to those who have passed the exams, (and commiseration to those who did not), there is absolutely NO WAY for anyone to find out why we are seeing such pass percentages.

There could be several reasons :

1. Majority of candidates not studying or preparing well for the exams.

2. Sheer bad luck.

3. Something more shady (the more likely thing).
I know this could again become a mud slinging debate, but there's definitely more to it than meets the eye and the DGCA exams and RT exam results have more to do with certain people having vested interests rather than poorly prepared candidates.

Anyhow, the only sure shot way to know why would be to start filing RTI applications.

In the US, under the FAA system, all candidates taking FAA CPL, PPL, IR, ATP FOI etc exams all get to know the results instantly ALONG with the list of questions they answered INCORRECT.

Unless there is a really big, strong and massive movement to decentralise the DGCA, make the examination system more transparent (something on the lines of the FAA) and to delegate such authority to regional bodies, it is anybody's guess as to why we see such pathetic results in the exams.

teja.aluri
20th Mar 2010, 05:58
Dear wuff,

Can i get any scanned copy of study material if you have available to share with me, to help me pass the dgca attempt. and also any valuable suggestion if u wish to give me.

Appreciated
Teja

jimmygill
20th Mar 2010, 09:00
3. Something more shady (the more likely thing).

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice.

When I appeared for the exam, I noticed questions amounting to a total of 12 marks having wrong data or incomplete data to get the answer, I barely passed at 70. Things like these are common with DGCA papers. And such scenarios may mark low performance.

While high performance can be when, they scan old questions papers with some of the 'correct' choices already scribbled on the question papers by people who attempted it earlier.

mobzie
12th Apr 2010, 11:48
Try to find classrooms of small size.... everybody says they get 90% pass result and still the passing rate for DGCA exam is very low...get a good tried and tested instructor... i had Mr Sood in delhi, i cleared my composite in first attempt w/ 2 months of preperation... you can prepare on ur own w/ borrowed notes but u might need help from someone who has cleared their exam...
finally there are very few tutorials available online on Navigation but i recommend making most of it... i am setting up a blog to put up notes and tricks and share information... its a bit crude right now but will work towards better tutorials in future...
blog link : dgcatutorials.********.com
request for tutorials and i'll try to add them as i find the time...
cheers..
Mobzie

mobzie
12th Apr 2010, 12:13
Hey well since everyones doing it so am i... i am trying to build up a tutorials database for composite exams... feel free to add questions... and comment on the link... i will be posting new tutorials as and when i find time... until then enjoy version 1.0 of my tutorials blog... new/interactive and better tutorials are on their way...
Just google dgcatutorials or dgca tutorials and look for my blog (its usually the second hit)

cheers
Mobz

aviatorankr
12th Apr 2010, 15:38
hi this is ankur and iam giving dgca april attempt and i dont have much idea abt exam can u pls forward me some notes or some questions,my email id is [email protected],i would really appreciate it.

thanks

jetzup
17th Apr 2010, 09:05
no comments :ugh:

on_demand
18th Apr 2010, 12:47
I have a faa cpl (multi engine - SENECA) and indian rtr (a), i have cleared my DGCA exams but unfortunately not soon enough to save myself from recency. :(

And to top it my usa visa got rejected too so cant go back to my initial flying club now. If any one of you can suggest me a flying club in India from where i can fly the required hours i will be really obliged.

Also i have heard that flying in India can be a nightmare (because of red tape involved) after you have done your flying in usa, So do i have the option of doing the required hours from any other country say Australia, Canada or may be even Phillipines?

i know my post is a bit off topic but i m sure its not out of the league :)

cyrilroy21
18th Apr 2010, 12:58
I have another suggestion . If the original visa issued to you from your school is still valid ( i have a five year visa in my case ) . Then you just need a new
I-20 to go there . Tell your school that you want to get a commercial single or a CFI or something similar .

Then if your visa is still valid then all they have to do is is send you a new I-20
and a letter of acceptance to the new course .

You can enter the U.S using the new I-20 provided your visa is still valid.

Alternatively if the original visa is not valid try and ask your school to sponsor you for a new visa (M-1 i am assuming) in order to obtain a commercial single or a CFI rating . Once you go there its upto you whether you would like to take the rating or not :E

All the best :ok:

on_demand
18th Apr 2010, 13:40
Even i had a 5 year multiple entry visa (m1) but the son of gun counselor stamped it 'cancelled without prejudice' last time.. so travelling to usa on the previous visa is out of question for me.. but thanks for the suggestion :)

optimus.Prime
18th Apr 2010, 13:46
If it only involves flying for towards your recency requirements, Try going back to the US on a Tourist (B1/B2) Visa!

cyrilroy21
18th Apr 2010, 14:02
Pardon my knowledge but this 'counselor' you are referring to is

1. Immigration officer in the U.S while leaving the U.S

2. Somebody from your previous flying school
or

3. The United States Conuslate in India ?

on_demand
18th Apr 2010, 14:07
Wouldn't that be illegal? I dont think USA would allow tourists flying airplanes in their airspace after 9/11.

But a point worth noting, I will see if there is a possibilty of flying wid tourist visa. Thanks a lot.

Now to the other part of my query, can i do my recency from some other country? and if not than please do suggest me sum indian airclub. I am sure there must be few more people who have done there recency from India after getting a faa cpl!

And does anyone know what are the requirements for getting my multi rating current?

on_demand
18th Apr 2010, 14:13
my visa got cancelled by the counselor at the embassy of US, when i applied for the new visa recently.

as a matter of fact the club i flew with changed its name so had to apply for a new visa.

optimus.Prime
18th Apr 2010, 14:25
Wouldn't that be illegal? I dont think USA would allow tourists flying airplanes in their airspace after 9/11.

No it wouldn't! .....said the TSA, when I asked them the very same question!

cyrilroy21
18th Apr 2010, 14:50
For the purpose of doing recency you have to come on a tourist visa . Atleast thats what my flying school says . This is because you are not coming for the purpose of obtaining flight training anymore and just for the sake of flying 15 hours as PIC .

You can fly in american airspace since you already should be having a TSA clearance .

You only need a visa from the school if you are coming to obtain flight training like a comm single or a CFI .

Probably thats why your visa got rejected ( i am assuming ) because you couldnt show them a specific reason .

Here are two options

1. Tell your school you want to do commercial single or a CFI and ask them to send a new I-20 along with a Letter of Acceptance get a new M-1 visa

2. Tell your school you want to come back for recency and tell them to send a letter stating the amount of hours required to be flown and take that documents to your visa interview along with a printout of the dgca flow chart for conversion . If you want you can also show proof of your Indian written exams and rtr(a) to convince that you are coming back .

3. If none of the other two workout then going to a new country would be a better option . I would suggest Canada because it will be easier for you to convert your FAA to a Transport Canada Licence . But remember then all your paperwork will have to be issued by the new flying school you went for recency .

Suggest you also go through the dgca faq's

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (http://www.dgca.nic.in/FAQ/FAQ.htm)

on_demand
18th Apr 2010, 16:40
Thank you guys, you people are really helpful.

shanx
19th Apr 2010, 07:04
WHERE ARE THE MODS ??

Why is this spam not being removed ??

While on the other hand Capt.Apache or anyone praising India and "taking on" the expats get banned ??? :confused:

jetzup
19th Apr 2010, 19:44
and many non-indians voraciously rubbishing Indian pilots and India are condoned....beats me :}

AviatorVette
24th Apr 2010, 19:31
Appeared for my first CPLCG Composite paper today, It was horrible :( 20++ marks from met... :( Overall the paper was sad.

nikaviator
25th Apr 2010, 10:26
@Aviatorvette, what happened? Heard there were no correct options for some questions. Hope you did ok in the regs paper today.

AviatorVette
25th Apr 2010, 11:50
Hey nik, yeah the cpl comp was horrible.. wrong questions / answers... The Regs paper was so baddd!!! I studied so many questions banks.. Surinder's, Dugals, etc did more than 1500 objectives!!! Barely any came from them!! only 50 questions and most of them were total crap man :( Whats going on with Dgca? how do i clear this.

nikaviator
25th Apr 2010, 16:00
Checked with a friend who took the exams...some who sat for the exams have approached the DGCA regarding the problems with some questions in the nav exams with incomplete data or without the correct answer, and objections have been raised, otherwise the paper was ok.

According to him, there were no problems with the regs paper, it was straightforward. Anyway check your pm.

weapon-x
26th Apr 2010, 06:32
i heard exam was easy this time ..

_L_
1st May 2010, 05:12
Do you guys know about the ground classes which kunalpilot has posted about? I am looking for good license conversion school in mumbai, but i havent lived in india at all. So i have no idea.

I am considering skyline aviation club too. As i need hostel facility. Will contact them and check.

siddhanta_alc
19th May 2010, 05:33
hey guys/girls. m siddhanta. a chopper trainee.
well , my training is supposed to start by 05/06/2010.
i needed some guidance regarding lisencing n stuff.
my training is in US.
m goin through a loan procedure.
would it be convinient to get PPL ,come back, give DGCA n thn b bck for CHPL?
orelse
complete the CHPL n then convert it as accordance to DGCA?

N
how do i go about RT?
please guide me thru..
thanks

siddhanta_alc
19th May 2010, 15:00
yash air meets up an accident.
2 trainee dead.
C-152 engine failure. directly crashed on ground.
any details??

t.a
20th May 2010, 16:39
Looking at the exam i think that, in Jan usually the NAV-MET composit paper is tricky and march attempt the Regs paper is tricky. lets see how it goes for jun-july attempt, :confused:

for Jan attemp, WngCmd S K BUTI, notes which comprises of like 180questions was just sufficent to get 70+. :ok:

Usually many say even seth is also the best for regs but i find skbuti to be more through as he covers all topic in his questions, but seth is kind of all repeated.

Any ways Cheers to all aviators.

slumdog
21st May 2010, 09:12
Hi Guys and Gals,

Would anyone be able to help me out with composite paper notes?
I fell short by ONE question in my first attempt using Duggal´s notes(68%). Not blaming it entirely on Duggal though, my laziness has also got something to do with it. But after the paper I thought Duggal´s notes on PNR/ETP/Magnetism.... were not comprehensive enough and believe it or not, the questions on VOR/NDB did not have a correct answer option(thats what I think anyway).

Now, I live and work overseas so can´t sign up for any classes. I am coming back in July to have another go, will be there about 3 weeks before the exam. I request for any notes on composite papers that you guys/gals might have. If not, could you please suggest any Teacher who could give me the notes. I am happy to pay for the notes.

Thankyou.

Slumdog.

siddhanta_alc
21st May 2010, 16:58
no guidance here!!!!!
:rolleyes: :bored:
disappointed..

AviatorVette
22nd May 2010, 07:23
where do you stay? If your in delhi contact me.. will give you some notes.

slumdog
23rd May 2010, 08:01
Much appreciated AviatorVette, please check your PM.

Sperry CL2
3rd Jun 2010, 18:14
hi WUFF how are you?if you dont mind could you please send me some important notes regarding CPL conversion.i sat for april session and flunk in both of the xams ..the paper was horrible trust me.
hope you will get bak soon,it will be greatly appriciated:D:D
Cheerss

Sperry CL2
3rd Jun 2010, 18:25
Hi aviatorVette how r you?? well results are you,how did it go with you?? with me it went horrible:ugh:......damn (http://www.pprune.org/members/296004-aviatorvette)

superdunkaroos
4th Jun 2010, 05:53
are there any sample papers available of the dgca cpl exam on the net?

AviatorVette
4th Jun 2010, 09:24
failed in both comp and regs, I think this attempt had the lowest pass rate, 3%.... sucks

msharma
4th Jun 2010, 12:44
hi...contact me on +919888416339.lets see if ur recency can be arranged to be done in philippines.

Sperry CL2
5th Jun 2010, 11:21
3%......wata shame. I wonder why they make it soo terrible

mobzie
5th Jun 2010, 18:48
the regulation result is bs... i know studied a lot for this exam and flunked it by 4 marks... lost my recency because i didnt have 2 answers... and i am sorry i do not know the color of the Circular for safety cos i looked em up online
(on the dgca website) and no they dont have a cover there... i shouldnt have to know that myopia is caused by elongated eyeball, cos i dont conduct eye test for pilots... and i dont know the rule number in aircraft rules blah blah blah year cos i am not studying to be a lawyer... i mean that is why u need to carry these books for reference... why would anyone want a pilot to have all these things committed to memory rather than emergency checklist... and the funny thing is some of the answers i still dont know... and frankly i have no clue how to get these answers...
list of questions from this attempt lets see how many u can answer...(please feel free to add questions u remember)
1.) ETOPS,
2.) Obstacle lighting for obstacle above what height,
3.) Cloud Seperation,
4.) About rules 156 in aircraft rules 1937,
5.) Procedure during pressure failure,
6.) nav lights,
7.) Vicinity of aerodrome.
8.) color of aic circular on safety,
9.) Pre-flight altimeter check,
10.) fuelling distance from building
11.) track seperation,
12.) when is the oxygen use procedure shown in-flight,
13.) aerodrome beacon flashing white,
14.) which space is highlighted with purple,
15.) holding point lines,
16.) descending through the level with reciprocal traffic reportin at x at 0210,
17.) when to change control from aerodrome control to approach control,
18.) rvr at threshold 800, rvr at midway is 350, rvr minima is 550,
Updates
19.) Bottle to throttle,
20.) English proficiency,
21.) operations ICAO anexure 6,
22.) Aerobatics over aerodrome,
23.) Elongated eye - myopia,
24.) Photography at aerodrome rule which year,
25.) Hijack convention (tokyo),

When only 35 people pass an exam for which thousands appear, i think something is really screwed up... kudos to those who passed, i am sure u guys worked harder and/ or are smarter and/or damn lucky.... great going u deserve to be given a medal or something...

phew that feels better... sorry for all the ranting its quite frustrating to lose ur recency cos of a mental paper setter...

slumdog
6th Jun 2010, 01:53
Re. Mobzie.

Ranting and then feeling better for sometime is not the solution. I know exactly how you feel. We need some transparency in the system.

Why cant we hold on to the question paper?

Why cant we get the papers re-evaluated?

Why cant we get a deficiency report? We should know where we went wrong so we can work on it and get it right next time.

35 applicants passing out of thousands does indicate something fishy. Most of them are converting from foreign CPL. They are good enough to pass their exams where they have done CPL but not good enough when they come back?

I have no idea how the Right to Information Act or PIL works.

I suggest we form a group, work together and do some research into it and try to lookup similar cases in other departments.

I recall reading a letter from the Pilots Association to the Civil Aviation Minister in the 90s when DGCA had ONE person setting and evaluating the questions/answers and also conducting interviews for ATPLs. That man was super corrupt, but the Pilots Association was able to change the system somewhat. I reckon we could do something on those lines.

I would appreciate a hand/guidance from you guys/gals. If you come across that letter then please post it here.

If you are interested in doing something and atleast TRY to change the system, please let me know so we can form some kind of a group and take it from there.

Thanks.

Slumdog.

mobzie
7th Jun 2010, 13:18
i agree something needs to be done... i plan to write to mr zaidi... he seems like sincere smart gentleman... maybe he will get this issue sorted...
cheers

shanx
7th Jun 2010, 13:58
Ranting and then feeling better for sometime is not the solution. I know exactly how you feel. We need some transparency in the system.

Why cant we hold on to the question paper?

Why cant we get the papers re-evaluated?

Why cant we get a deficiency report? We should know where we went wrong so we can work on it and get it right next time.

because we lack UNITY. PERIOD.

I know a few chaps a couple of years back who were extremely frustrated with the DGCA and WPC (because of several problems and hurdles they faced during their conversions) and were planning to protest in numbers in front of DGCA office in Delhi, write to media, write to the Aviation Minister and DGCA etc.

Soon, all of them ended up getting jobs in airlines eventually and soon everyone decided to simply chuck the whole issue and go with the flow and carry on with life as usual.
(Why bother anymore when we're now settled with airline jobs, right ?)

Try to ask any senior pilots in India (FOs and P1s) if they can help you out in this issue collectively. They will show you the middle finger.

MORAL 2 : APATHY is the next biggest reason why you, me and many others face such problems.

It's not just a few pilots who face problems with DGCA, MoCA, WPC etc.
Some senior citizens who can barely afford a square meal a day are unable to get their humble pensions from the government.
There are people from all walks of life all over the country who face far greater problems, some of them are so vexed and frustrated that they end up committing suicide (farmers).
Some end up committing petty crimes for money and sustenance, some get into prostitution and many others unfortunately get brainwashed into joining outfits that launch armed rebellions against the state.

Problems are there everywhere, but people dont give a F_ _ K.
We only grumble and try to look for solutions only when we ourselves are affected.

If barely 40% of people in a country are going to vote in elections, it is NOT a democracy.

And so on and so forth ...................

To sum it up ... ALL THAT IS NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS THAT GOOD MEN DO NOTHING.

(yeah yeah .. I can already see a lot of young guns putting that up on their Facebook status message ! )

I have no idea how the Right to Information Act or PIL works.

Try this for starters .. Right to Information Act (India) (http://righttoinformation.gov.in/)

JimmyGill, our fellow member is the best person to approach regarding RTI. He knows this topic quite extensively.

jimmygill
7th Jun 2010, 17:17
And adding salt to the injury, foreigners requesting FATA exams can take the regulations paper every 15 days.

Not to say that FATA is cakewalk for expats, but 15 day recurrence for expats vs 90 day for locals is sheer discrimination.

But yes one needs to know one's right before one can get them.

nikaviator
7th Jun 2010, 18:08
@mobzie, slumdog ...I agree with shanx.

After my exams in 2009, a letter was sent to the DG with a whole lot of students' signatures, the press was also informed. The DGCA had no other choice but to come out with a circular mentioning that they will take corrective action, as there were lots of technical questions in the Navigation and Composite exams.

Good luck...RTI also is an option, but will take much longer

optimus.Prime
8th Jun 2010, 04:32
RTI also is an option, but will take much longer.

Is it so? I thought the PIO (Public Information Officer) was liable to respond to an RTI query within 28 working days. :confused:

nikaviator
8th Jun 2010, 07:13
@optimus...by all means request for RTI too...besides writing a letter to the DG and getting signatures from students who appeared for the exams...whatever works, the more pressure from different sources the better.

I scratch my head to understand the system, there have been thousands of pilots who have taken the exams, with plenty of objectionable questions, and failed, there must have been quite a few RTI's filed, and I still fail to see what improvements have been made.....after my exams there was a circular issued and some corrective actions taken for that particular session, however, various complains continue for other exams sessions ...You tell me!:ugh:

slumdog
8th Jun 2010, 09:13
mobzie

I agree with you. I think we should write to Mr Zaidi highlighting the unusually low passing percentage of candidates who have already passed their overseas exams.

We should also present him with the procedure that different Aviation authorities in the developed world use for theory exams, comparing it to DGCA's manner of conducting theory exams. Eg online tests, review options, knowlegde deficiency reports..........

If we dont get any response from him THEN we can use the RTI individually to get some information from their records.(this is assuming we fail the exam)

If we pass, we can still stick to the cause and support other applicants. Remember, passing does not mean the end of dealings with DGCA, you still have your ATPLs to go.

I have done my flying from New Zealand. NZCAA theory exams are conducted by a seperate organisation. They have just started online exams for CPL. When I passed my exams they were still on paper, we were NOT allowed to take the question paper away BUT there were options for Review/Revaluation. They also provided the candidate with a Knowledge deficiency report with the result so you know where you went wrong.

I request guys/gals who have passed exams from other countries to please briefly list their theory exam procedure here. Once we have that then we can atleast make a start and draft a letter which compares DGCA procedures with other Authorities, adding to that the extremely low passing percentage statistics. Present this to Mr Zaidi and take it from there.

What are your thoughts people?

AviatorVette
8th Jun 2010, 11:55
DGCA guys are a bunch of crooks.. Since there are so many unemployed cpl holders in India.. 8000 ++ I think? They are trying to prevent people from passing the exams so the number of jobless CPL holders doesnt rise up.. It is extremely sad and depressing for the candidates appearing for the exams at this moment. We are shelling out 50,000 rs++ for ground classes and working extremely hard to clear these exams and still there is such nonsense going on. Worst thing is that the RT guys are equally corrupt, fail you for no reason.. Especially in part 2 of the exam.

alfamassimo
8th Jun 2010, 12:41
@aviatorvette....

DGCA likes to spring surprises every once in a while... where they literally fail almost everybody....and it doesn't happen everytime. This is very maddening, as their pass rate is generally quite low already.

....so for those of you taking exams in this session don't worry about what they are going to do, just study hard and get your basics in order. My exams were quite straightforward when I sat for them.

Sperry CL2
8th Jun 2010, 18:21
I totally agree with all you guys to foot forward and change this whole decennaries of DGCA.I specially wanna say thnks to Mobzie,Slumdog and Shanx for coming up with sucha great idea.:D:D

Slumdog
well i have compleated my training from South africa CAA.they conduct all papers online.No matter you fail or pass they issue a reference sheet where exactly you can check your mistakes,Like
Q-2 Payload - incorrect
Q-4 NDB/VOR interception - incorrect
Q-18 IFR rules - incorrect

At the end of the day you actually know that last time on that specific question you put option A and it went currect because it was not in the reference sheet.So basically queries asked during DGCA xams like color of aic circular on safety,operations ICAO anexure 6,which space is highlighted with purple etc etc can be holdup in your mind and next time if asked you can get it correct.

Hope it will help
Cheerss

walia_airbourne
9th Jun 2010, 00:08
Contact me and i might be able to help you out. Or alternately post your request to Pushpak Flyers | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pushpak-Flyers/128519373841444) and probably they might give you the specific notes if you request.

jetzup
13th Jun 2010, 03:48
Aviation India: Careers Less than 2% clear air navigation exam (http://www.indianaviationnews.net/careers/2010/06/less-than-2-clear-air-navigation-exam.html)

Looks like Mr. Zaidi didn't get it, or is just side stepping the issue.

It is not the new questions....it's the lack of answers or incomplete data....that is if a lot of students are to be believed...

Put the RK puram guys under examination for a change, get the RTI on the papers. Anyway, I think they'll behave, somewhat, in the next session.

zooaviator
9th Jul 2010, 09:22
can i get the notes and the questions too please. can send it on [email protected]

attempting the exams in october i should start preparing from today..

Recognized
20th Jul 2010, 08:05
do not join surinder singhs classes.... he just wants money...

Raavan
21st Jul 2010, 11:45
I see a lot of changes coming up For DGCA examination. and hopefully from this attempt. as per this recent notice posted on their website.

http://dgca.nic.in/public_notice/PN-CEOInitiatives.pdf

In this regard, i would like to understand that, is dgca coming up with a new question bank? open to public, as per their last point.

Any ways
Cheers to all
:ok:

jetzup
21st Jul 2010, 18:45
I think they have only expanded the question bank and added new questions, but for that to be open to public...likely...not...it's just not in their nature to be transparent....they need to have access to loopholes so as to confuse. maneuvre and torment...

F-K
22nd Jul 2010, 19:04
Hey,
Can anyone please tell me a good way to study for the Meteorology part in the Composite exam? As in what kind of questions does DGCA generally ask about Met in the composite paper? I'm planning to study Climatology of India, Thunderstorms, METAR & TAF Decoding and the station model symbols. Would that be enough? :confused:

SuperflyTNT
22nd Jul 2010, 20:30
@FK - Ask around if any of your friends have the Met book published by Jet airways or the CTE Indian Airlines Met book. They should help you in the exam. Good luck

nikaviator
30th Aug 2010, 21:58
Just noticed the DGCA July exams results are out...hope some of you who wrote the exams made it...and no major mess ups from the DGCA, they came out with the circular outlining measures to improve the CEO and all that!

Examination Results (http://www.dgca.nic.in/licencing/result-ind.htm)

Pulkdahulk
31st Aug 2010, 04:48
hey,

I passed this attempt nav exam. No tuition classes. I had the grace of all my good friends to share me their notes and I cleared it.

Met - This IC Joshi book for Met - Read the chapters and the Questions - You are set for Met. I did had the Jet Airways notes - They are also good too. Jet Airways gives you all the information you need although if it comes to those critical one mark points in weather, read Joshi please.

Don't even worry about station models, charts, stuff like that- you wont see them in the Composite paper.

Navigation - I don't care what Surinder is or who is he is or what he does. Just take his notes - they are huge class notes. Sit with it and you will do a good job in passing and getting a good grade.

I cleared the navigation composite and I had failed the first time. Both occasions, I did NOT take classes.

Your friends are your biggest assets.

Don't ask me regs - I beat myself up to it by studying everything that was given to me (more than 1000 Qs and Bali line by line) and I did not clear it even then. They asked too many random and practically new questions that it was hard to figure what was right and wrong. Even Surinder ended up thinking what was the answer for one such " what is environmental capture" lol

Cheers

F-K
31st Aug 2010, 06:02
I passed composite this time around, got a 78, very unexpected but hey, who cares!
The good thing is I'm finally done with my CPL exams, no more seeing CEO RK Puram for the next few years :D
I agree with the posts above,
Meteorology - IC Joshi, Do all the questions at the end of every chapter. That more is more than enough and covers all types of questions asked in the Met part of the Composite Paper

Navigation, Radio Aids & Instruments - Do all the notes and question banks you can gather from friends etc. Get your basic concepts and fundamentals clear. One thing though, there are these two books by Keith Williams (pretty thick ones :ok:) -
One is for the Navigation bit, the other for Instruments and covers most of the topics, these books are generally for JAR/DGCA ATPL candidates, but recently in the April/July exam, there were plenty of direct pickups from this book, and most of the other questions being of the type of the ones in the book. The questions are pretty easy too!
It's probably a result of the CEO circular "Recent Iniatives to improve working of the CEO!" which has a point that they'll be updating their question bank with foreign banks (FAA and JAR)
Cheers and best of luck to everyone appearing in October! :)

sunnyjet
31st Aug 2010, 19:08
I don't trust the DGCA CEO to follow any particular path, you think you have got it right, then they are again out to get you again with new stuff, not withstanding the said circular. JAR question banks are really vast, they can pick up anything from anywhere or any books and banks, oxford, bristol, absolutely no assurance, besides they have their own bank of previous questions, which many were from GSP etc. anyway. Thrown in also, are the faa cpl, instrument question banks, just to keep the pass possibilities lean and mean.

Notes and books have always been around, the main thing, I think, is to get to the basics and understand each topic in Navigation, Radio aids and Instruments really well, and get your fundas right.

Even after the circular, in July exams, the ceo added many human factors questions in regulations which in faa and Jar would be in the Human Factor chapters.http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

AviatorVette
1st Sep 2010, 19:09
http://dgca.nic.in/forms/Pilot/pilotexam.pdf

2 more exams have been added, is this true or bs?? People are scaring me with this stuff now.

ankita
2nd Sep 2010, 06:59
Hello every1...those new rules for cpl conversion about 2 more papers-techincal general n technical specific...is it true???we hv to appear fr dt too????????

nikaviator
2nd Sep 2010, 14:42
It is probably an error on the app. form, there's no change in the CARS so far and I heard the DGCA are coming up with the ICAO english tests soon... that should provide enough obtstacle for a while....

What a nightmare for people converting their licenses if it were true!

Congrats f-k and pulk...atleast nav is out of the way!

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 06:39
Probably for you - Sitting in India I assume in Delhi off course

You probably forgot that the earth is rotating at 15 degrees per hour, and people sitting in California or Florida or Hawaii are still catching up.

So in reference, Thursday was a holiday for DGCA is what you are trying to mention right?

Check my post time - Yours' Friday and Mine Thursday.

So what is what ?

Pulkdahulk
3rd Sep 2010, 19:42
DGCA Recent Queries for Technical Gen and Technical Specific

The above recent link posted by Aviator only applies to CPL candidates only, it does not for CPLCG.

Sources: Friends who are yet to complete went to these dgca offices.

Resolution: It was a misprint as pointed out by some cut copy paste lol

Cheers

Opinion by: I am still doing my conversion with Air Regs left.

F-K
4th Sep 2010, 08:33
Thanks Nikaviator!
As soon as I heard about that 2 more paper thing, I got a little paranoid about it too so I called the CEO, RK Piram to check up, I'll tell you what they said:
See, those papers are only if you want any specific aircraft endorsed on your Indian license after conversion. For example, if you've done your training on a C152 as your SE, and a BE76 as the ME, you don't have to give those exams. Only if you want anything more endorsed on your license, you will need to appear for a technical and a specific paper for that aircraft.
The gentleman who answered the phone was very patient and giggled as soon as I asked him my query, he said many people stormed the CEO demanding an explanation too about that pt. 6 in the instructions of the form. He has just been doing this since the morning.
So all in all, If you are a basic foreign CPL holder, and have done your training on 2 basic (SE and ME) aircrafts, you DO NOT have to give those exams.
Cheers

cyrilroy21
4th Sep 2010, 13:25
THANK GOODNESS :ok:

QUick question

Does anyone know if you need a minimum of 10 hours on a specific multi engine airplane to get it endorsed on you Indian CPL

I have 31 hours on a BE 76 and wanted to get a DA 42 Endorsement instead
( aircraft available and registered in INDIA VT-NFM :ok: )

Or is the cross country tests and general flying test enough ?

Pulkdahulk
4th Sep 2010, 18:16
Also remember that Cyril, you will have to do a technical paper for DA 42 if you are doing it in India

thefoxphyre
7th Sep 2010, 14:26
I failed my regs and comp nav paper this july :( and i was just filling out the new exam form for the exams in oct 2010, i read all the new instructions but just to calm my mind, do we have to once again attach all our records like 10+2, log book, dob, (like we have been doing all these years) or is FAA CPL license enough ? ur response is highly appreciated plus any notes/question banks for the 2 exams would be highly appreciated, thanks once again

coolboy007
10th Sep 2010, 15:28
Hello guys,
Am going to US for my commercial pilot training next week and seeing how tough DGCA conversion exams are + long waiting time, i feel its better that i take some books related to it and start studying there after i get a hint of what all is taught. Its better studying for 6-7 months than come here and study for a month and give exams.

Can you please suggest some books which i can carry and which can help me in clearing the exams somehow. Navigation and meteorology.

I know the books can be bought from english book store, CP but which ones to buy?

Thanks

rohandatta277
10th Sep 2010, 15:30
Ground Study for Pilots.... Get them all... or simply download them from a torrent site online... And u'll be good !!

coolboy007
10th Sep 2010, 16:09
Rohan,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply :D, appreciate it.. Gonna try torrent first, then i will buy them if not satisfied.

coolboy007
12th Sep 2010, 09:38
I forgot to ask which book to buy for the air regulations exam? So am getting - Ground studies for pilots - Navigation and Meteorology. Do i require Radio aids too for the RT exam.

Gonna carry them all and study till the time i come back to India, want to clear the dgca in 2 attempts somehow.