PDA

View Full Version : TNT

spifire
26th Jan 2009, 13:46
Anybody Know if TNT is Hiring at the moment.

spifire

JW411
26th Jan 2009, 15:32
TNT is not hiring in any department at the moment.

Skystar02
26th Jan 2009, 18:11
Anyone knows why ABx 767 is flying JFK instead of icelandair?

And anyone knows about A300's people? Which airplane are they going to use instad of A300? Will they hire more wetlease 757's? The percentage of subcharter seems to be many high. :confused:

Regards fellows!

jimsmitty01
26th Jan 2009, 18:16
Does anyone know when the next intake for FOs on the BAe146 will be?

Many Thanks!

daz211
26th Jan 2009, 19:57
Are TNT getting rid of the A300's ?
If so what will they use into STN ?

Flying Frenchman 2000
26th Jan 2009, 21:23
Hi all,

A300s are going. don't think they are being replaced straight away. and recruitment has been frozen.

Skystar02
27th Jan 2009, 11:12
Not replacing but some other companies flying for TNT... As Daz211 said Who is going to fly into Stansted, Belfast, Linate, East Midlands, etc... How crazy is it?

Happy landings!:ok:

daz211
27th Jan 2009, 17:07
Today I was told the A300's minght be replaced by A330's,
well thats what I was told at STN anyway.

Skystar02
28th Jan 2009, 07:50
Daz211, Do know anything new about that? Because I've been hearing of a rumour, for around a year that TNT would like to change 146's and A300's for A319F and A330's. To be honest I don't believe that even thougt when they keep on hiring other airlines to do what TNT should do by their own.

Happy landings!

Yoth
2nd Feb 2009, 14:32
A300s are going and, I believe, are being replaced using leased N reg 767s. The 146s are bought and paid for, so I'll be surprised if they are going anywhere, anytime soon.

Conan The Barber
2nd Feb 2009, 15:07
A300s are goingWhen?

...I believe, are being replaced using leased N reg 767s American registered aircraft with american crews flying internally i Europe for a European company? Would that be acceptable to the Belgian CAA or the Unions? Que 411A for some patronizing 'take it or leave it' baloney

The 146s are bought and paid for, so I'll be surprised if they are going anywhere, anytime soon. So are The A300s. That does not appear to matter much.

I have been reliably informed that the A300 have the best dispatch reliability within TNT, while the 146 and 737 are suffering from reliability issues which have made flying spanners a regular occurance of those aircraft.

Skystar02
2nd Feb 2009, 16:16
In TAY ground unions are stronger than flying staff unions... so dead end.

In Liége we'll see more planes different than the white and orange flying for TNT... A300's leaving and not replaced... Even though A300's are paid as 146's, they are very expensive if you have to pay other 2,8 mill € each plane to keep them serviceable...I wonder if they need more planes, cheaper than the A300's but maybe due to economical reason TNT does not have enough money to afford new planes but to hire wet lease from other companies... Catch 22!

anyone can tell me what's going on with 747's?

Regards!

BrowntailWhale
2nd Feb 2009, 16:23
I'm hearing that ABX will not only be flying the trans-Atlantic for TNT but will also be flying intra-Europe for TNT as well. Possibly with up to a dozen 767-200s.

perritopiloto
2nd Feb 2009, 21:06
Hi everybody,
I am new on this forum.
Anyone knows if they are starting recruitment by summer?

FastHap
3rd Feb 2009, 03:19
"I'm hearing that ABX will not only be flying the trans-Atlantic for TNT but will also be flying intra-Europe for TNT as well. Possibly with up to a dozen 767-200s"

Nice try on the flame bait, please try again later!

Peace to all involved.

Skystar02
3rd Feb 2009, 10:20
Perritopiloto if you are hired or just call for an interview by TAY you'd be the first spanish in getting that... In TAY there are pilots from many countries in Europe but not from Spain.

Regards!

Skystar02
3rd Feb 2009, 15:05
Commited to stay, Who knows... But TNT owns two airlines: TNT Airways (TAY) since year 2000 (I think) and Pan Air Lineas aereas since 1988. Pan air is a spanish airline and this could be the reason.

Regards!

perritopiloto
3rd Feb 2009, 15:48
Hi,
I am not quite sure, but I think that PanAir is not owner of TNT,
As far as I know ( and I am not sure), PanAir is a spanish operator which operates OBO TAY, as well as do Mistral,etc.

By the way, I will be really glad to receive a call from TNT Airways, weather i am the first spanish to join them or not.

Skystar02
4th Feb 2009, 08:09
Perritopiloto,

Believe me if I tell you that TNT owns 100% Pan Air. Mistral is not own by TNT.

Good luck anyway, but if you're spanish you'd better try in Pan Air first. However nobody is hiring at moment.

Suerte!:ok:

daraireland
4th Feb 2009, 13:38
DHL needs 2 F/Os ...check their careers site.

woptb
4th Feb 2009, 15:54
The first A300 has been parked at LGG & is already missing an engine!
A second & third aircraft will join it before the end of the second quarter.
The A300's have a good despatch reliability but are due heavy checks which are VERY pricey!
Some of the 146's will be on their way to Africa soon'ish.
Part of the reason the 146 & 73 dispatch reliability has dropped is due to down route unserviceabilities.TNT had the 'consultants' in last year & they recommended closing the down route maintenance bases as a cost saving,lo & behold they now have flying spanners on board until the outstations can be re-opened!!
The same consultants recommended longer hours/shifts for the mechanics & as they OBVIOUSLY know the industry, I'm sure it will happen:ooh:
Paaaaaaaaah! Flight safety who needs it………..:{
As far as fleet replacement goes a few different frames have been rumoured but nothing writ in stone.

daraireland
6th Feb 2009, 10:51
DHL needs 2 F/Os ...check their careers site."

Where do you found this. Do you have a link??

Their Careers page....Ill apply for ya if you want.

Job Advert - Job World Europe (http://dpwn.jobpartners.com/jpapps/dhl_eur/jobs/joblist.jsp?0.18572831675698653#joblistt)

MrIkea
7th Feb 2009, 01:03
I guess that's an old advert. Deffinately NO hiring at the moment...

And as far I've heard (but we all know about rumours in this business) TNT is getting rid of 30! people (airbus guys) as they can't be placed on the rest of the fleet...
But then again... rumours :)

bpp
7th Feb 2009, 04:13
Heard Emirates will be cancelling the TNT contract. Anyone else hear the same?
bpp

invisiblemoon
10th Feb 2009, 19:22
Only bad rumors guys....

Facts :
The Emirates contract is still running and is not going to end
As far as I know, nobody is going to be fired, every pilot will have an offer on another aircraft

old-timer
11th Feb 2009, 20:56
I know from a friend of mine they are still spending $ on the 146 fleet so fingers crossed, no one seems to know for sure the long term fate of the Busses though ? (can't be great though for 30+ yr old airframes ?

What happened to the new Buses rumour of a while back ?

Conan The Barber
11th Feb 2009, 21:14
I had a chat with a former colleague, who is now mid-level management at TNT, who said that nobody knows what's going to happen as internal communication is -in his words- non-existing. Apparently the Airbus chief pilot was informed about the grounding of the first Airbus by an email sent to all pilots. Request for information about future redundancies and how they are to be handled are met with silence or waffeling.

It seems -according to my source- that the upper management have decided to create uncertainty amongst their pilots and suppress rumours by encouraging the reporting of same and their originators.

DDR anyone?

mmeteesside
18th Feb 2009, 12:24
I see ABX have started serving LGG-JFK and LGG-YHZ-JFK - is this part of the first step into Europe for them? I assume this flight has something to do with TNT?

Skystar02
18th Feb 2009, 12:56
Hello!

As further as I know ABX is flying for TNT as Icelandair does.

Anyone can tell me if the whole A300 fleet is going to be retired this year instead of in two years?

Regards!

mmeteesside
18th Feb 2009, 13:19
Ah right thats what I thought. I notice Icelandair only serve LGG-KEF and return now, with only 1 weekly extension to JFK.
Now I'm presuming all the USA stuff goes on the ABX 767 now, so where does that leave Icelandair as they only require 1 757F now? Plus the 2 they have flying on the TNT network that makes 3, so what are the other 2 doing? Maybe TNT will use them to replace A300's? :suspect:

Skystar02
18th Feb 2009, 18:31
That's exactly what I think but I'll always say that all that flights should be done by TAY/PNR...

Do you know anything about pilots on A300? I Hope all of them are going to be relocated.

Regards!

a300dave
19th Feb 2009, 12:46
All talk seems about relocating the A300 pilots, but what is going to happen to the Flight Engineers?

Skystar02
19th Feb 2009, 17:31
F/E's will be relocated as well but some of them have not pilot license so they will be offered or have been offered to work on maintenance. I don't know conditions...

Regards!

Pagan_angel
24th Feb 2009, 09:40
are these nine planes the A300's??

"In response to the business slump, TNT Express has launched a series of cost-cutting measures, including 1,000 job reductions out of some 75,000 – 80,000 worldwide and the decommissioning of nine aircraft from the 46-strong European air fleet. About 300 jobs are being cut in the UK and most of the remainder will be spread across the major European markets, including Germany, France and Italy, CEO Peter Bakker said."

I guess they're not going to bring on any new planes at the moment? :hmm:

old-timer
25th Feb 2009, 21:57
:sad:I heard on the crew room grapevine about the A300 lay up's, speculation seems rife about the 146's but it does seem odd that reliability is being bandied around given the fact that most of these airframes are getting on for 30 years old, surely no one in the real world would expect high reliability from 30 year old airframes unless it's a heavily cosseted classic or they have somehow re-defined the laws of physics where aluminimum alloy DOESN'T try to to return to it's white powder form which doesn't seem very likely !! :sad:

Good luck TAY folks, I was hoping to join you one day as I have friends in Liege but that seems unlikely now. :=

Toothbrush
27th Feb 2009, 23:47
Heard through the grapevine that Mistral air is retraining their guys on the 737. Contract guys have a contract until august, and by that time Mistral (operating 2 or 3 146-es iirc ) will stop operating for TNT.
What happens to the aircraft, dunno, they are owned by TNT apparently, just being operated by TNT.

newtownards
21st Mar 2009, 12:02
At the very least ABX are definitely looking into operating in conjunction with TNT out of Belfast, they've already had negotiations with the handling agents there.

The A300s may be old, and i think some were rescued from the Arizona desert, but in the last year the A300 has only broken down twice or so in Belfast, quite a few other airlines there have had more problems with younger aircraft.

XpressOne
21st Mar 2009, 14:12
Just for the info of any of the Airbus crews with TNT - Maximus are recruiting Airbus crews as they will be expanding their operations come 1st June with the award of a new contract Airbus contract for scheduled service operator. Please see www.maximus.aero (http://www.maximus.aero) under careers for details and application process.

mrgoaround
21st Mar 2009, 17:07
A300-600 is not same type-rating as A300/B4 (3 men cockpit) which are operated by TNT

woptb
28th Mar 2009, 20:21
Told friday,ALL A300's gone by October.Only a big pickup in the next 6 months will save them. 5h1te news!

old-timer
1st Apr 2009, 20:14
Good luck tay folks, a few of my friends work there & times don't sound good presently

Dimiair
18th Dec 2009, 20:55
Anyone who has some inside information about the situation at TNT at the moment. Are they hiring? Going to in the near future?

I'm intrested in the Long Haul operations...

Thanks in advance :ok:

Fried_Chicken
25th Dec 2009, 23:13
From a contact at Air Atlanta, they've been told that they (Air Atlanta) have been awarded with a contract to fly a pair of their A300F's (possibly TF-ELF & TF-ELK) from LGG to EMA and BFS (possibly STN too) for TNT

The two A300's have recently been flying around in the Sandpit but the contract out there has recently ended & thus the aircraft being available for TNT to lease

FC

superspotter
28th Dec 2009, 12:00
TF-ELK starts for TNT on the 4th Jan flying BFS-EMA-LGG-BFS. ELF will start in Feb flying Linate-LGG and also maybe LOS.

JW411
28th Dec 2009, 18:17
Good solution for TNT Airways SA management; they have succeeded in parking six very, very expensive and hopelessly under-utilised A300B4s (4 TNT and 2 Panair) in the desert and then replacing them with cheap AAI wet-leases.

No doubt the Belgian Cockpit Association will make their usual ineffectual protests.

PH-SCP
31st Dec 2009, 11:44
Picture by "Bottie" of Airliners.be, shot only days ago;

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/126/tnta300.jpg

DIRRIK
31st Dec 2009, 14:25
Are they subcontracting other companies than Air Atlanta to operate their A300 routes? Were those TNT A300s owned or leased?

7HD
2nd Jan 2010, 17:54
"they have succeeded in parking six very, very expensive and hopelessly under-utilised A300B4s (4 TNT and 2 Panair) in the desert and then replacing them with cheap AAI wet-leases."

I fail to see the "down side" here? TNT are still (more robustly economically) in the flying business, and isn't that the raison d' etre?

Skystar02
3rd Jan 2010, 08:49
I agree 7HD! That's TNT way of working. :oh: Half of the fleet are wet leases but they need planes anyway.

Regards!

JamesA
3rd Jan 2010, 14:28
Heard from Rumour Control, TNT want to run down LGG op and move large part of the biz to Eastern Europe. Sounds of DHL copy cat again?

Acid-drop
4th Jan 2010, 07:25
Do you really think they would do anything before the fusion with another big player ?
That rumour is on since ever.

And I'd like to see that an airport like LGG exist in eastern europe, i'm not so sure ...
(very good road net in the middle of europe cargo center, future high speed train connections to other hubs, open 24/7, ...)

They invested recently (less than 2 years ago) to double to hub capacity in LGG, 95 millions euro.
Now, who knows ...

One Outsider
4th Jan 2010, 07:59
TNT have stopped investing in LGG and whether there will be any in the future is very much an open question.

Several 737 leases will also expire this year and there is a good probability that they will not be renewed but that the work and jobs will be outsourced. Don't be surprised if more jobs are disappearing this year as the company "rightsizes".

Acid-drop
4th Jan 2010, 09:09
They invested 2 years ago and since then it's the crisis, so it's hard to tell what's going on. I guess we have still too much of uncertainty to see new investment, there or anywhere else.

My bet is that nothing is gonna happen before they get bought by some bigger player.

euroflyer
4th Jan 2010, 09:51
Look at what happened to DHL in BRU.
Main european hub moved to eastern germany, lots and lots of $$$
Could happen to LGG

Acid-drop
4th Jan 2010, 11:11
Of course, anything can happen.

But in your example, there is 2 important point :
- DHL *had* to leave because of a political decision in Belgium : reducing night flight in BRU
- DHL is now german and they like to work from german soil

7HD
5th Jan 2010, 18:44
No-one is relocating anywhere else.

Skystar02
8th Jan 2010, 12:25
welcome to aviation. There is a lot of rumours in aviation but in the end most of them are not becoming true. I' ve been flying for TNT for years and I can tell you that nobody knows what's going to happen.

Keep moral high enough to fly safely. The future will come anyway and we were not able to do nothing, but accept it. Decisions are made by bean counters and CEO. :ugh:

Regards!

7HD
9th Jan 2010, 21:12
But you need to have at least one eye on what's occurring elsewhere and how your gang is doing relative to the others. In this case, TNT was way ahead of the opposition.

Your gang has, just by dint of those bean counters etc, been pretty savvy about where they fly, and with what, and how often.

It's going to keep your ass in that seat, so just suck it up and get on with it. The business isn't reliant upon the operation, simply vise versa.

One Outsider
11th Jan 2010, 22:13
I suspect you know little of what is going on at TNT Airways 7HD.

Apparently the last 6 months of decisions was taken in a bit of a panic and now capacity have to be restored by taking on contractors. Not always at a lower rate.

On top of that moral seems to have suffered as crews seems to have been treated as not worthy of trust or even been fed false information in an effort of control.

In any case I have heard many tales of patronizing management and crews who are sick to the back teeth.

The next six months should be interesting.

Skystar02
13th Jan 2010, 11:46
I agree "Outsider". 7HD knows a little more than us. Let's see what going to happen in the next months.

They have put a lot of pressure above pilot's shoulders and now is time for management movement.

Regards!!

Angeltransportpjcts
13th Feb 2010, 07:16
I have been informed over this last week that TNT parked its final Airbus A300 'Classic' Freighter @ MHV in December 2009. Recently Air Atlanta Icelandic Airbus A300-605F aircraft began appearing on the LGG-BFS weeknight rotation which operates via EMA. There appear to be two aircraft operated in a plain white c/s and I for one will miss the aircraft they replace, a common sight @ EMA since 2001.

superspotter
13th Feb 2010, 18:22
At the moment there is only one AAI A300-600 operating for TNT on the BFS-EMA-LGG-EMA-BFS run. The second aircraft is due to join TNT around the 21st of this month based in LIN, doing LIN-LGG-LIN sectors. regards clive.

Skystar02
23rd Mar 2010, 09:26
Hi Fellows,

I heard of a rumour about three 767's coming to TNT. Is that true?

Thanks!

One Outsider
23rd Mar 2010, 12:08
The fact that you have heard about it, probably means that there is no truth to it.

-And what would they need them for?

superspotter
23rd Mar 2010, 13:25
Wrong!!
There are currently three ABX 767's on contract to TNT flying from Liege to the states and back.

BBFive
24th Mar 2010, 00:37
I know of one ABX 76 for sure where are the other two??? The same 76 flies the run 5 days a week. On ocassion there is another charter out of LGG.
BBfive

Acid-drop
24th Mar 2010, 10:42
ABX 767 was flying for CAL also (but not anymore it seems)

Goofyfoot
24th Mar 2010, 11:37
What of the 744 operation?

Acid-drop
24th Mar 2010, 15:27
you can have the schedule online
.:: TNT Airways ::. (http://www.tntairways.com/FlightSchedule.html)

Skystar02
24th Mar 2010, 20:42
Thanks everyone for the answers. As I thought, another rumour which is not true.

I've never seen more than ABX 767 flying for TNT. I think they usually fly LGG-JFK-LGG route.

Regards and happy landings.

old-timer
25th Mar 2010, 21:53
Considering they closed STN Tech' services & made a bunch of great folks redundant I wouldn't expect too much to be occuring this side of the channel
(allegedly):=:confused:

BBFive
27th Mar 2010, 16:26
ABX just picked up TNT run Stanstead- Leige- Stanstead starting next week.

Acid-drop
29th Mar 2010, 09:01
other rumours are talking about Liege-Manchester-Liege with a 767 (ABX ?)
and a new Liege-India link

mmeteesside
29th Mar 2010, 12:12
Can't see Manchester being true given they already have an A300 to EMA!

liege-bierset
16th Apr 2010, 15:29
Nieuwsblad Transport - TNT versterkt vrachtvloot met extra B747 (http://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl/nieuws/id29763-TNT_versterkt_vrachtvloot_met_extra_B.html)
Sorry, in Dutch...
This is about bringing in a third B747 on China-Europe service (Liege Belgium).
Regards.

PH-SCP
18th Apr 2010, 14:38
Hi Fellows,

I heard of a rumour about three 767's coming to TNT. Is that true?

Thanks!

TNT purchased two 767-200 aircraft which will be converted to freighters, they took an option on two more. Belgian CAA are currently certifying the planes. They will go online this summer and will be used on the East Midlands, Stansted, New York and Helsinki routes. The next two will be used to develop South American routes. Sao Paulo is rumoured to be a new destination when 767 #3 and #4 come online.

Dimiair
19th Apr 2010, 08:33
That's good news. Really hope they are going to make some more business this year...(recruitement?) :ooh:

Mafferick
29th Apr 2010, 16:07
767-200 on the line towards south america ?
can somebody tell me how they can make profit with such flights?

a 767-200/ER can only take 40 tons of cargo on a flight of 6h30

my thoughts are that they wil go via Dakar for refeuling ?

so lets take 10 hrs enroute , included the stop at dakar ... with only 40 tons ?

if it was a 767-300ERF i would say yes but with a 767-200 ????

ken

CargoOne
1st May 2010, 10:55
Mafferick

When your cargo pays you 30 bucks a kilo, you can fly whatever equipment.

loulou
1st May 2010, 12:29
Hello,

Initially the first B767 will be used on the LGG-EMA-BFS route
The second will be on the LGG-JFK route (and replace the ABX 767)
The third maybe should be used on the LGG-LIN or LGG-HEL route, or maybe Sao Paulo but there's nothing confirmed on the 3rd aircraft.
The aircrafts would also be available for charters for other costumers during days or week ends.

It's not yet sure if they will be registered in Belgium, as the Belgium CAA is not very fast in registering aircrafts, but they are intended to be flown by their belgian crews.

Unions and management have reached an agrement, and will ask to pilots to work more (around 2 days/month) so they will not need to hire new pilots to fly the first 2 767s, internal promotion will be enough
Intially the 767s will be flown by Parc or freelance pilots, to give time to TNT to train their own pilots.

Cheers

The Mixmaster
2nd May 2010, 12:50
Quick bit of info from a current TNT bod would be much appreciated. Could someone please pm me the basic salary for a TNT S/O (cruise relief pilot) on the 744 fleet. Many many thanks.:ok:

MineDog
4th May 2010, 11:46
As far as the info on the website TNT does not have S/O on the 74. Can anyone confirm?

MD

Uncle Wiggily
18th May 2010, 14:55
I received an offer for an interview recently. I thought there were redundant/furloughed pilots at TNT? I guess not?!?!

spierpoint jones
18th May 2010, 15:22
It seems they maybe looking for people again. I also was sent an invitation.

Is working for TNT (long haul ) a good job....? Honest opinions will be greatly appreciated....

thanks,

jones:ok:

THD
18th May 2010, 17:00
hello,

is the invitation for long haul or medium haul? And are you type rated on TNT aircraft for the moment. Its good stable company to work for and i never heard of people wo got made redundant, contractors mabey.

grtz from belgium

cosmiccomet
18th May 2010, 20:59
I have also received the invitation for long haul but it doesn't mention date or location.
I am type rated in 744 but not in my JAR license.

I have reapplied that I am interested in working for TNT and still waiting for response.

blousky
23rd May 2010, 09:20
Actually, there is ONE S/O in TNT airways.

Funny to see how many times you see the term "Cruise Relief Co-Pilot" in the manuals/flight enveloppes etc... for only one guy!

They thought it was a good idea, then dropped it.

Goofyfoot
23rd May 2010, 12:27
They dropped it for good reason!

Skystar02
9th Jun 2010, 18:01
Loulou,

I have news about 767's. TNT won´t add, in short to medium term to any airplane to TAY/PNR fleet, so maybe your unions got an agreement for nothing. At least for the moment.

Do you have any other info about this? My info comes from TNT staff.

Regards.

PH-SCP
6th Jul 2010, 06:11
TNT are adding 11 B737-400 Freighters to the fleet.
Basically to replace the B737-300's but if market demands they will keep a number of 300's going...

First two 400's are due in December 2010.

767's that TNT were going to add were in such a sorry state that the Belgian CAA did not accept them.

hailstone
6th Jul 2010, 08:20
anybody in the know about orange coloured aircraft soon to operate between CKG nd LGG ?

Acid-drop
6th Jul 2010, 10:01
Press release | Press releases | Press | TNT | Sure we can (http://www.group.tnt.com/press/512822/pressrelease.aspx)

gtf
7th Jul 2010, 04:27
the company is scheduling an additional Boeing 747-400 ERF aircraft between China and its European air hubDoesn't say anywhere where that additional plane is coming from, probably would have said so if new. Is one of the two planes on loan to Emirates back?

Acid-drop
7th Jul 2010, 09:44
As I said in the other topic (that we could merge I guess)

they are no new 744, but they will use the 2 emirates painted tnt owned 744 (OO-THC, OO-THD)
(They were flying to Liège quite often already)

Acid-drop
28th Jul 2010, 22:27
AWACS Outsourcing (http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/defense/index.jsp?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post%3a0cf30025-6bce-4da8-8e28-f37678389a8c)

ERJ145 Driver
30th Jul 2010, 17:29
Hello Gents,

Any info about the msg title?

I'd appreciate info as detailed as possible. Website does not include 744 minimums, nor 737 payscale.

Please P.M.

Thanks in advance

cruisepilot
3rd Aug 2010, 00:00
somebody know if they will be recruiting? (entry on the BAE?)

jumbojet
6th Aug 2010, 17:18
TNT just ordered 3 B777!

hailstone
7th Aug 2010, 07:00
source, jumbojet, source ??

jumbojet
8th Aug 2010, 11:46
My captain!
Eta spring 2012

loulou
9th Aug 2010, 17:45
Here's the good news :)

Dear Colleagues,

Ever since we launched our longhaul activities we have been successful in positioning ourselves on the Asian market and managed to grab the growth opportunities of this buoyant market. The introduction and operation of the B747ERF was a key move and a determining element to this success as well as our strategy with Emirates Airlines.

You are probably aware that we are now operating 3 dedicated B744ERF’s between LGG and Asia and as of September we will add a 4th aircraft through the Wet Lease-in of a B744F.

During the last 2 years we have followed closely the development of the B747-8F which we believed would be our expansion aircraft. However, it is now clear that the aircraft will not meet the performance extrapolation of the B744ERF. We have therefore considered and subsequently selected the B777LRF.

I am pleased to announce that TNT Airways has secured the delivery of three new B777-200 Long Range Freighters for 2011.

As of last week, the Supervisory Board of TNT Group has granted us its approval for the B777LRF. The first aircraft delivery is scheduled for August 2011. They will operate alongside our existing fleet of B744ERF’s to Asia and are expansion aircraft.

This is great news for GAN’s development and a decisive element to continuing winning market share in Asia. I will present at the next Staff Meeting our business rational and the economical advantages that lead us to decide in
favour of the B777.

This is a significant project and the introduction of this new aircraft type will require some
organisational changes within TAY which will be addressed in September.

Finally you will have no doubt noticed last week information regarding the NATO Contract and the fact that we will be adding the B757 to our fleet by late 2011. We are considering to add a mid size freighter (I.e. B767) however we have not yet been able to conclude and decided to take further time to validate our business cases. It is therefore very likely that we would launch cover the interim with Wet Leased B767.

Best Regards,

Niky Terzakis

Managing Director

hailstone
10th Aug 2010, 11:49
big time expansion plans - where will the 777F's come from ?

wilmot
10th Aug 2010, 14:35
Surely 'NEW' means Boeing............!!!!!!

One Outsider
10th Aug 2010, 15:39
Even old ones are from Boeing, originally. Could be from a leasing company, I believe Guggenheim, who had the original slots for the 747s TNT now operate, has some 777Fs on order.

Interestingly it looks like TNT is going to end up operating 5-6 different types. I wonder how the economics of having a small fleet with many types is going to work out.

I understand that last year the management was complaining that operating costs were much too high. I don't see this improving it.

hailstone
10th Aug 2010, 15:49
@ Wilmot
one outsider got what I meant - e.g. that given short delivery window, these would be aircraft which are already on order (Guggenheim who have 5 777F frames on order were already mentioned)

the other question would be what will be served with these three 777's and with the additional 744's - understanding that PVG is due to increase from 5 to 6 per week and HKG from 4 to 5, that still leaves quite some room for additional frequency or new routes

james solomon
11th Aug 2010, 09:30
TNT Airways to acquire one more 747-400 freighter and to lease three 777 freighters from Guggenheim Aviation Partners

hailstone
20th Aug 2010, 12:31
i see frequency increases at PVG from September onwards, as well as addition of some frequencies through CKG pn the eastbound legs....

Acid-drop
22nd Aug 2010, 10:40
so, they are able to use only 3 of their 4 744ERF?

superspotter
22nd Aug 2010, 11:57
Assume the fourth will stay with Emirates??

Limburg
14th Sep 2010, 21:56
as of September we will add a 4th aircraft through the Wet Lease-in of a B744F.
An Atlas Air B744F has started operating for TNT today!

hailstone
21st Sep 2010, 09:57
Limburg, you seem to be in the know: how are the ops to and through CKG working out ?

el caballero rojo
7th Oct 2010, 18:57
:confused:So what about those B777 and B767 aircraft? It became very silent.

old-timer
7th Oct 2010, 21:36
:hmm: heard the news - LGG based ?

Skystar02
8th Oct 2010, 11:43
Hi folks!

there is a 767 coming, but is not for TNT. Gestair will operate at least one 767 to a new TNT destination which is Delhi. I'm not pretty sure if LGG-DUB as well.

There are plans to sell 146 fleet and bring 737's instead, but there is not a buyer and its price is quite high to be assumed for the actual market. So it would take place in 2012-2016 period.

Loulou ussally knows more than everyone...:ok:

Regards!

no-engines
10th Oct 2010, 10:13
It's not going to DUB it's DXB!

Skystar02
10th Oct 2010, 10:30
you are right no-engines,

Thank you! :ok:

Regards!

Acid-drop
16th Oct 2010, 11:58
About the 777
Press release | Press releases | Press | TNT Sure we can | Welcome to TNT's corporate website, offering company news and information for investors, press, and other stakeholders. (http://www.group.tnt.com/press/526207/TNT_Airways_to_introduce_Boeing_777_to_its_fleet_in_2011.asp x)

mmeteesside
12th Nov 2010, 12:19
Anyone know of a way to get hold of TNT's latest schedule including all the feeders? I have seen a pdf file before inc all the feeders eg Transaviabaltika, Solinair, Sprintair, Swiftair... anyone able to get one (maybe by PM?).

Skystar02
13th Nov 2010, 18:44
mmeteesside,

I'm sorry, but for obvious security reasons if I had it I couldn't provide you that information. If you read last week's newspapers you should know why.

I wish aviation was not a terrorism's hostage...:mad:

Regards!

old-timer
14th Nov 2010, 21:22
plan clarified then; (we always knew there was a 'master ?` plan.....)

treble7 in;
Buses / 146 out.....?
numbers game ?

despegue
15th Nov 2010, 05:53
SkyStar02,
Do not be ridiculous please. Publishing a schedule has nothing to do with security.

mmeteesside
15th Nov 2010, 11:02
I thought security might be the answer ... if it was that secure why do DHL have their whole schedule available on their website?

Skystar02
16th Nov 2010, 13:01
Ridiculous?

In that case I suggest you to write to Mr. Terzakis and/or Mr. Ross Mackinnon and tell them exactly the same you has said to me. If my company tells me to do not tell anyone TNT flight schedule due to security reasons, I'm not going to do it. Regardless if anyone could consider that ridiculous.

Regards!

paul247
18th Nov 2010, 06:32
err........its on there website. happy printing.:)

Limburg
18th Nov 2010, 09:01
err........its on there website. happy printing.:)
TNT | Global Air Network : Flight Schedule (http://www.tntliege.com/135_Flight+Schedule.html)

But this shows:

This functionnality is not available for the moment. Please retry later.

JamesA
27th Nov 2010, 09:40
Come now, Limburg. What do you expect from TNT?

Tomorrow Not Today

You should know as A Nederlander, they set low standards and fail to live up to them.

old-timer
1st Dec 2010, 21:55
Heard They Are Moving Into The 20th Century & Getting Dc-3 Fleet ;)

Acid-drop
3rd Dec 2010, 10:33
Bakker to leave after TNT surprise split :: Air Cargo News :: The World's Best Read Air Cargo Newspaper (http://www.aircargonews.net/News/Bakker-to-leave-after-TNT-surprise-split.aspx)

Now, we can wonder what will happen with the LGG hub.
CGN and CDG are very close, but on the other hand LGG is ready for a big expantion and is perfectly located.

Flowerdream
12th Dec 2010, 08:36
Well im not that sure LGG is ready for a big expantion, several sources are reporting they have manipulate everything to get many grants. Till that is not sure nothing will happen at LGG anymore! Other remours are saying TNT is in talk with Metz and Lille too.... So maybe they are in the race for the new TNT hub..

A380thebigbeast
12th Dec 2010, 16:39
Indeed some jealous people are denigrating LGG. As far as TNT is concerned, they have been looking for an alternate airport for years. This is for operational reason. Now, if TNT leaves LGG one day, there will be a few happy people (the ones referred to here above) and a lot of unhappy ones.

Acid-drop
13th Dec 2010, 09:02
the money you are talking about is indeed something important. LGG is a paradise for many freight companies because of the help of the walloon region goverment. The goal of the government is to create jobs, and it worked/works. 10.000 people are working in/for LGG. Subsidies are common in many place, no need to make a fuzz about it. It's a win-win situation and that's why i'm not affraid for the future of LGG and the future of all the people who get a job in the aviation industry there.

When TNT first came in LGG, it was only a small airport. Now it's the 6th biggest in Europe. Why would you leave that...

gtf
15th Dec 2010, 23:15
If FedEx buys TNT, it's for logistics and RFS. LGG is gone. FedEx can spread the volume between CDG and CGN on its own metal, and absolutely does not want JAA pilots on property.

UPS might keep LGG open as a downsized regional sort center with a flight each to PHL/SDF and HKG.

Acid-drop
16th Dec 2010, 07:36
It would make sense to not keep everything running, that's for sure.
On the other hand, I don't understand why they have both CDG and CGN in the same time. Those 2 are very close to each other. Why not concentrate everything in a single point ?

The "funny" story is that TNT left CGN 10 years ago to come in LGG because it was a much better solution. Isn't it still now ?

It happen that the location of LGG is just perfect, in the middle of CDG and CGN and in the middle of the european most crowded area. And they plan a high speed train cargo link between CDG, LGG and CGN : the carex project.
EURO CAREX : Cargo Rail Express (http://eurocarex.com/?setlang=en)

Everything is almost too perfect.
The main problem is maybe free space. There are plan though : Liege Airport - Mass Plan Evolution (http://www.liegeairport.com/en/mass-plan-evolution)

JW411
16th Dec 2010, 16:50
The reason we left Cologne was because the green lobby in Germany was threatening to close CGN to night movements and that would have been a complete disaster.

I believe UPS took over our old freight shed.

gtf
17th Dec 2010, 04:02
Well, LGG might have a new tenant already. Michael O'Leary says he will move Ryanair to LGG if Germany doesn't lower aviation taxes.

liege-bierset
18th Dec 2010, 04:00
Well im not that sure LGG is ready for a big expantion, several sources are reporting they have manipulate everything to get many grants. Till that is not sure nothing will happen at LGG anymore! Other remours are saying TNT is in talk with Metz and Lille too.... So maybe they are in the race for the new TNT hub..

We have seen this kind of crapy post on other forums (hidden behind different nicknames).:eek:
Please watch your English !

Acid-drop
4th Jan 2011, 07:35
Guggenheim Aviation Partners has selected ST Aerospace for a passenger-to-passenger/cargo (combi) conversion of a Boeing 757-200 aircraft to be used in TNT Airways’ fleet.

TNT Gets PTP Combi (http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/mro/index.jsp?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a388668c6-b459-4ea7-941e-a0a2206d415fPost%3a190003b2-9fc6-4a2c-9586-4e02d02a952d)

That's interesting, isn't it ?
What kind of destination would they do with pax ?

CargoOne
4th Jan 2011, 23:27
757 combi would be an ideal airplane to transport militaries, UN, rescue teams, race horses, music bands etc, I guess this is something what they aiming at.

Flowerdream
5th Jan 2011, 14:56
Hi all, I have just discoverd there is a TNT 767 flying in TNT livery:
Photos: Boeing 767-383/ER(BDSF) Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/TNT-(Gestair-Cargo)/Boeing-767-383-ER(BDSF)/1844622/&sid=b3b2b04f7a852ec4dafd5f9c10bfd5b5)

woptb
5th Jan 2011, 16:32
Already involved in horse transport.The 75 is a bit on the large side for race horses. Hopefully they might support the QC 75's better than the 146/73 .They were in the news for all the wrong reasons,with no shortage of very disgruntled punters,a large group of which refused to fly TNT after they experienced a series of crewed in technicals.
Pi55 ups & breweries springs to mind !
P.S. Please don't give my regards to Nick the Greek & the Jock.

CargoOne
5th Jan 2011, 23:55
woptb

TNT 757 is going to be Combi, not QC. You can assume a typical punter onboard of these flights would never complain, as they typically used to fly on Herc's bench...

Oubi
6th Jan 2011, 12:27
I think the 757 combi will be used for the NATO contract they had recently...

liege-bierset
19th Jan 2011, 13:48
Correct, it' s for NATO contract (Starting on 01/01/12).

mmeteesside
3rd Aug 2011, 13:57
I see the 777 has now arrived - operating on LGG-EMA-BFS for a month. Schedule then suggests it will move to EK?
It would appear the Gestair 767's are on LGG-STN, LGG-IST at the moment
What is flying the JFK and DXB/DEL routes (ABX again?)

So many questions because nothing at TNT seems to make any sense!

james solomon
3rd Aug 2011, 16:35
When does the 757 arrive to operate the TNT NATO contract towards the end of the year or 2012 and where to with this contract

kroon
26th Mar 2012, 07:31
Is someone able to tell me something about TNT shorthaul?
Working times? Only at night, or 5 night, 3 off, 5 day, 3 off or something like that?
Are they hiring (ab initio's) at the moment? French language required, or is English and Dutch sufficient?
TNT is a Dutch company, is the salary paid via the Netherlands? If yes, it might be a tax privilege...
Any other important information?
Thanks in advance!

MrIkea
26th Mar 2012, 07:39
@kroon,

are you serious ? :ugh:

kroon
26th Mar 2012, 07:43
Of course I'm serious. I'm not able to find the information elsewhere. If the answers to my questions are so simple, please just answer them instead of making fun of my post.

MatsL
26th Mar 2012, 08:41
Kroon.

I think MrIkea referes to the fact that TNT is just sold to UPS and no one really know what that means at this point.

Regards,

kroon
26th Mar 2012, 09:22
I know. But I always can apply for the job. Nobody knows, but I guess UPS won´t sell the 40 aircraft of TNT, so they still need pilots. Please answer my questions.

Regards,

Kroon

76-er
26th Mar 2012, 11:14
Do you read newspapers Mr. Kroon?

Nieuwsblad Transport > TNT halveert intercontinentale vrachtvloot (http://www.nieuwsbladtransport.nl/Modaliteiten/Luchtvracht/ArticleLuchtvracht/tabid/142/ArticleID/23999/ArticleName/TNThalveertintercontinentalevrachtvloot/Default.aspx)

And this was BEFORE the UPS-takeover...

PS.: As part of the deal TNT-Airways will be sold off.

Google is your friend.

MrIkea
26th Mar 2012, 11:15
that was indeed what I meant.

They are loosing 2 747's, so doubtful they will need crew.

No fixed roster as such, tax in Belgium.
Only ab-initio's with 250hrs+ normally unless you know enough (correct) people.
English required , French will help a lot.

kroon
26th Mar 2012, 13:07
I'm sorry, I missed that self-explanatory article. Thank you for the info. Duty times are only night I suggest? Otherwise you would have mentioned it, but I'm just curious.

El Bunto
15th Aug 2013, 08:38
ABX replaced TAY on the Belfast service from start of August 2013, operating Liege - East Midlands - Belfast.

One daily rotation now instead of separate 737s from each airport to Belfast.

( Edit: tried to clarify this statement! )

DVR7R
15th Aug 2013, 23:21
ABX replaced TAY on the Belfast service from start of August 2013, operating Liege - East Midlands - Belfast.

One daily rotation now instead of separate 737s from each airport to Belfast.

It's only temporary. TAY A/C will be back on that route soon.

Skystar02
16th Aug 2013, 10:55
New TAY 757's perhaps? :ok:

Cheers!