View Full Version : jumpseat on Aer Lingus?

genius747
19th Jul 2001, 03:03
Hi, I'll be quick.
I'm taking an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to JFK early next week, I am a student pilot and would love to visit the cockpit. When people say they were a jumpseat passenger do they mean they spent the whole flight in the jumpseat (wheels up to wheels down) or just a period of the flight. What is Aer Lingus' jumpseat policy, and what is the best way to get to the cockpit?

thanks,
Paul

kopbhoy2
19th Jul 2001, 12:20
Bring your logbook and license with you and ask a senior cabin crew memebr as you get on board. Some people suggest hadning in a letter addressed to the captain as well.

I don't know if you'll get the jumpseat for the whole flight, but seeing as it's a long flight I'd say you've a good chance of getting a look around the flightdeck for a few minutes. I have gotten entire flights up front in the past but on each occasion these were LPL-DUB flights, so I was only in the air for 25 minutes at a time.

Don't be offended if they say no though, there's usually a good reason for it (e.g training), also the cabin crew mightn't have time to organise it...

Jet A1
19th Jul 2001, 14:45
Aer Lingus policy is fairly relaxed and generally depends in the Cpt on the day.......Speak to the senior and a little note would not do any harm !